craigo667

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Excellent, finally, a complete team..Good job BK..It seems though BK didn't stick with his "at least 6'2" point guard" statement..Speedy is 5'11"..I think Speedy was the best pure point guard available..

Speedy shoots 41%. Enough said.

Speedy needs to play defense and pass the ball.

Quote:

Excellent, finally, a complete team..Good job BK..It seems though BK didn't stick with his "at least 6'2" point guard" statement..Speedy is 5'11"..I think Speedy was the best pure point guard available..

Exactly.

Finally a complete team. Not a championship team, but a complete team. Like I've said for a while, this is the first offseason yet that BK's actually had a shot at putting a complete team together and he's done it. We will get better by trading al, but we at least have every position covered. No more gaping holes.

Speedy/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chill

Smith/Shelden

Zaza

as the main rotation, we're starting to fill it out...

• Premium Member

theory to practice very well this off-season.

Quote:

"In the draft, my philosophy is to always take the best player available." (paraphrase)

Outcome: Drafted for need, confirmed by the first words out of his mouth during the 790 interview.

Quote:

"We need a big point guard with the experience to help quarterback these young horses we have, and yet who can run with them." (paraphrase)

Outcome: Picked up a 5-11 guard in the middle of his career who has never played the role of the primary quarterback on a team.

Again, I've no argument with the player... I'm just very disconcerted that the GM says he's headed toward Macon, then ends up in Columbus... not a totally different direction, mind you, but you can't help but wonder if BK really does feel like he knows what he's doing after all.

It also means we can look at bigs or best return possible for AL rather than worrying about getting a point..This move makes an AL for Chandler, AL for Murphy, or even AL for filler and picks type move much easier to handle.

Dude, every GM has ideal things he's looking for. They'd all love Magic at the 1, MJ at the 2, Bird at the 3, Duncan at the 4, and Wilt at the 5. But reality is that you only have very few players to choose from, you have to get them to want to come here, and you have salary considerations. So you do the best you can with what's there. Of course you don't get your ideal guy every time

Quote:

It also means we can look at bigs or best return possible for AL rather than worrying about getting a point..This move makes an AL for Chandler, AL for Murphy, or even AL for filler and picks type move much easier to handle.

Yeah it just gives you more freedom. If you find a point like Miller, great, but your hands are no longer tied and you can go for the best players.

Just a very solid move IMO. I'm glad we didn't go for James

Quote:

Quote:

Speedy shoots 41%. Enough said.

Randy Foye shot 41%...in college.

If I'm not mistaken, Mike Woodson was an assistant with Philly during Speedy's rookie year, so Mike is somewhat familiar with his game.

Speedy was a solid starter during his two years in Golden State. Typically for Golden State, they didn't realize what they had in Speedy. In two years with Golden State, Speedy averaged 11.7 PPG, 5.2 APG, and 1.7 SPG. Before being traded to New Orleans, Speedy was averaging 13.1 PPG, 6.2 APG, and 1.9 SPG. This past year while playing behind Chris Paul, Speedy averaged 12.3 PPG, 4.8 APG, and 1.5 SPG. His per 40 numbers for this past year were 17.2 P/40 and 6.6 A/40 with a 16.20 PER.

He only started 3 games this past season when filling in for Chris Paul, but he averaged 20.7 PPG, 9.3 APG, 1.3 SPG, and shot 51% from the field.

Quote:

He only started 3 games this past season when filling in for Chris Paul, but he averaged 20.7 PPG, 9.3 APG, 1.3 SPG, and shot 51% from the field.

Damn, that's a helluva stat line for those 3 games. I remember when he came here when Chris Paul was hurt and he almost singlehandedly beat us by himself. I'm glad he is a member of the Hawks now.

Congrats fellow Hawks fans! Although its not a superstar blockbuster signing, its a much needed one and we're moving into the right direction. What does this do with our cap?