• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now that we have are point guard......

chris

what will be are starting line up be next year? Since i am new to the board i am currious to see where many of the people on this message board stand on the starters and back up players next year. Does shelden come off the bench or start? does he play PF or center for us? Who will be the point guard left out? Can we make the playoffs? thanks for any replys, b/c i am curious on what people think compaired to what i have read on other message boards.

Welcome to the board. My guess on our starting lineup would be:

PG Speedy

SG JJ

SF Marvin Williams

PF Josh Smith

C Zaza/to be determined

I can't see Shelden starting over Marvin or Smoove right off the bat, but I do see him playing significant minutes at the 4 and possibly 5, and I see Josh Childress also getting significant minutes backing up the 2 and 3. Center would be Zaza as of now, but we'll see what happens with the rest of free agency and the Al Harrington situation.

There are really only 2 options:

Speedy

JJ

Marvin

Smith

Zaza

or

Speedy

JJ

Smith

Shelden

Zaza

I think we will be in the playoff race. Whether or not we actually make the playoffs will depend on many factors. I think we'll win somewhere around 40 games.

• Premium Member

Diesel Thoughts

#1 I think our scoring took a hit with the loss of Al. Say what you want to say, Al was a consistent scorer. I don't know if Smoove or Marvin possess that attribute.

#2 I think that Shelden will be a better scorer than many here think. If he starts and plays 30 minutes, I look for 14 points about 8 rebounds, and 2 blocks per. They say for the Houston workout he hit more than 80% of shots from the midrange and even hit a few threes. I know that's only one day, but he was never asked to do anything at Puke but rebound and put up points from the lowpost. We may have a guy who can consistently be a low post scorer and hit the midrange jumper.

#3 I think Speedy Claxton is going to be a big help defending fast guards. I think BK smartened up and realized that even though you may want Reece Gaines, it's better to take Arenas. I say that because the league has move into a place where the face guard who can drive is the most dominant player that you can have as evidenced by Wade. If Claxton takes up that role of being Arenas like, we will be in the playoffs going to the second round.

#4 Maybe we shouldn't SNT Al at all. I'm thinking of two ways we can get a BU Center. #1. Randolph Morris. #2. Trade Salim for Petro.

#5 We really need to resign Este. I don't care what nobody says about Jones, Shelden... and having too many PFs. If it's my call, we take Este. You need that young guy who can do the dirty work... I would mold Jones into my BU C and resign Este if need be. But we should get Este...

• Premium Member

Quote:

why don't u guys think at least we'd try shelden at the 5..

I don't think so. There is nothing wrong with Zaza & sheldon center power forward combo. Unlike the Al & Zaza combo, that combo makes sense.

I think it will depend upon match ups. We will have the luxury of going either big or small, depending upon who we face. I think Woody will let everyone get their minutes and BK talked a lot about how ZaZa got worn down by season's end. I think he will prevent that and develop both Shelden and Solomon Jones in the 5 spot.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think he will prevent that and develop both Shelden and Solomon Jones in the 5 spot.

I can see Solomon getting 5-10 mpg, Sheldon 5-10 mpg, and Batista 5-10 mpg at center. But not Sheldon as our starting center.

Zaa Zaa should either be our starting PF or our backup Center. What about Olowakhandi? I know he has never lived up to his potential but he would help. Actually I would rather have him than some one like David Anderson. At least the Candyman is somewhat Athletic. If only he could get in the right frame of mind.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Zaa Zaa should either be our starting PF or our backup Center. What about Olowakhandi? I know he has never lived up to his potential but he would help. Actually I would rather have him than some one like David Anderson. At least the Candyman is somewhat Athletic. If only he could get in the right frame of mind.

I was about to say maybe if he came cheap but I looked up his number and they look like a guy that is ready to retire from the league.

Quote:

Quote:

I think he will prevent that and develop both Shelden and Solomon Jones in the 5 spot.

I can see Solomon getting 5-10 mpg, Sheldon 5-10 mpg, and Batista 5-10 mpg at center. But not Sheldon as our starting center.

if this team is to win 40 games next season Solomon will be spending a year in the NBDL ala Donta.