• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Lack of News on AL tells me

BornandDieHawks

Quote:

BK might as well play hard ball. We got nothing to lose in this situation. We are losing Al either way. /quote]

He can really bend a team over the table if they really want AL to put them over the top. I believe that team is Indiana because Bird and company thinks they are one player away from contenting.

• Moderators

Quote:

What is BYC?

Base year compensation. It limits back the amount of salary you can receive for a player in the first year of a new deal and makes them much harder to trade to anyone over the cap.

Guest Walter

Quote:

that BK is playing hardball with several teams to get as much out of the trade or he has to wait to see the outcome of the legal battle with the owners to make the moves he need to do.

...have already spent their money and Thomas in NY seems frozen by all reports? That leaves no sign & trade deal for Al. I simply do not like waiting this long.

W

• Admin

I think you're wrong there. The fact taht all these moves are being made means that there are going to be more SnT options than we thought we would have. Al knows the free agent market isn't going to get him what he wants. But he still has a lot of teams interested in him (6 at my last count), all of which have various packages they could offer us for him. Waiting is part of the game.

Quote:

And then they can move on to the business that is sign-and-trading Al Harrington for some much needed help (another PG and another big). This also could be completed before you’re done feasting on those 4th of July leftovers.

Well I've finished my 4th leftovers and still no deal...

mj