• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David Andersen

MikeJ

Ok, I'm reading a lot of things about this guy on this message board. Some of them are interesting. As an Australian I've seen him play quite a bit over here and have followed his Euro career as it gets reported on in Australian papers.

So here's the deal on him, he's not the answer for us. I'd love to see him brought over and he would be a fine addition to the bench. Remember when we were all excited about Este and people were talking him up big? Now he's just a good role player for us. That's what you should expect from Andersen.

He's tall (7ft) but light. Not a banger, not really a C, definately not in the NBA. He can really run the floor and has nice finess on finishing which could suit our game. Has a nice mid range jumper. Once again, not a power player finisher. I think the best comparison I can think of is the other Australian (not Bogut unfortunately) Anstey who played in the NBA a few years ago. He also tore up the Russian League a couple of years back. Not the camparison that most of us would be hoping for but a realistic one. Hey, I hope he gets brought over and tears it up but I think we shouldn't get carried away about Andersen people.

That's a good point, I haven't seen him play much in recent times. I watched most of his games during the 2004 Olympics. Yeah he may have changed his style since then but probably not as his game had pretty much developed by 2004. Players can change their game between about 18 - 22 years of age and then usually stick with a style (unless forced to change due to injury). I would suggest that he has stuck with what has been working for him in the Euro leagues.

I didn't want my original post to be a downer, just a reality check. I say bring him over because there's not much else we can do this offseason?! See if he can adjust to the NBA game and then decide. If it works out, we get a good player, he gets paid more than in Euro. If it doesn't, he goes back and lives the life he's been enjoying.

I might be seeing a guy that knows a lot more about his game tonight. I'll put my reporter hat on and see what I can find out.

Bernie Mullin said a month ago that Anderson wasn't a starting NBA Center but with us not being able to sign players for longer than a year you take what you can get. Yeah we know he isn't that big about 7'0ft 250lbs. Not much bigger than our current center Zaa Zaa.

He is not big, his position in NBA will be PF, but in CSKA Moscow he plays a center. He has an excellent FT%, great mid range shooting% and is fast in defense & offense. Sure, he's not so good under the rim, but his aggresive compensates that. David is one of the best player in CSKA and Euroleague ULEB. Injury in the game vs Real Madrid was awful, but he's a strong player, he'll return on his best level. Sorry for my English.

Quote:

He is not big, his position in NBA will be PF, but in CSKA Moscow he plays a center. He has an excellent FT%, great mid range shooting% and is fast in defense & offense. Sure, he's not so good under the rim, but his aggresive compensates that. David is one of the best player in CSKA and Euroleague ULEB. Injury in the game vs Real Madrid was awful, but he's a strong player, he'll return on his best level. Sorry for my English.

no need to apologize.

you should see my Russian wink.gif

I don't remember many of us talking up Este. We kind of smirked. But I think he turned out better than most of us (at least me) expected.

I don't know if Andersen is really a great center, but we CAN deal him at least under the current legal mess - and he can't be much worse than Edwards.

Nope, people went nuts over the acquisition. I think it was mainly fantasies, but people were still excited.

Do you guys remember the NBDL call up we had for a few weeks last season? It was the same thing with him.

Thanks for the insight Mike and Russol, it puts things in perspective.

Appreciate your input. As I said to one of our posters from Turkey, it's nice to have diversity and the perspective from another country/culture.

He makes me think of the late Hawks player who died last year Jason C. Good jumper and FT% but not one to play under that basket. Wonder if this is a fair comparison?

Welcome aboard.

Were gonna be able to sign someone for more than one year.Ya'll should know this won't take affect because it's BULL.Don't get too worried about this one year stuff,actually don't be worried at all.

Quote:

Were gonna be able to sign someone for more than one year.Ya'll should know this won't take affect because it's BULL.Don't get too worried about this one year stuff,actually don't be worried at all.

help me out here man. why not?

Quote:

Quote:

help me out here man. why not?

From listening to Bernie yesterday, he seemed to be pretty hopeful about both the NHL & NBA getting involved in this (I would assume from a legal standpoint), since both leagues were more than mildly upset.