• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Its early but so far in the summer league play

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Bargnani Looks like the real deal!

Aldridge doesn't look like a strong rebounder and looks ordinary otherwise

O'Bryant Looks horrible averaging 2 rbg

Roy Looks like a Joe Johnson type player.

Foye Looks like an undersized shooting guard

Simmons Suxs

Armstrong Looks like a pretty good rebounder so far

Quote:

Bargnani Looks like the real deal!

Aldridge doesn't look like a strong rebounder and looks ordinary otherwise

O'Bryant Looks horrible averaging 2 rbg

Roy Looks like a Joe Johnson type player.

Foye Looks like an undersized shooting guard

Simmons Suxs

Armstrong Looks like a pretty good rebounder so far

I believe Shelden will have a better summer league and he should conisidering how much college experience he has.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I believe Shelden will have a better summer league and he should conisidering how much college experience he has.

I agree! I think that he will be the best rebounder of the group and maybe the leader in block shots. He'll probably average 10-15 ppg.

• Premium Member

I have never put to much into summer league. Hell Glover use to dominate Summer league.

I posted the results to the Reebok summer league because I was happy that basketball was being played somewhere.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I have never put to much into summer league. Hell Glover use to dominate Summer league.

I posted the results to the Reebok summer league because I was happy that basketball was being played somewhere.

Things like rebounding, shot blocking, & assist help define a player. Those aspects usually translate to the regular season stats. I agree that scoring is not a good measure.

• Premium Member

Maybe reboundind and blocking, but even assists is not a good measure. If you think about it, you have some guys who are guaranteed a spot on the team and some guys trying to make the team. The guys trying to make the team will more than likely be trying their best to stand out.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Maybe reboundind and blocking, but even assists is not a good measure.

You are probably right about assist. But i will be watching Shelden's rebounding and shot blocking during this summer. I think that golden state should be a little concerned about O'Bryant's lack of rebounding. And new Orlean's should be concerned about Simmon's lack of production period.

I disagree in the sense that neither Patrick O'Bryant and Cedric Simmons are ready to play in the NBA, even in summer league competition. They simply aren't going to make an immediate impact. Both are 3-4 year projects at best.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I disagree in the sense that neither Patrick O'Bryant and Cedric Simmons are ready to play in the NBA, even in summer league competition. They simply aren't going to make an immediate impact. Both are 3-4 year projects at best.

So was Smoove but he was blocking shots in the summer league like he does during the regular season and he was a project too.

• Premium Member

I realize that Summer league normally benefits the players who can play one on one the best. That's why Diaw never could dominate a summer league game. Howevre, these kids who can play in an uptempo style game with no defense or passing will prosper. Hence you have Summer league MVPs like Glover, Bell, and Wagner but these guys cannot function as well when it's a team sport.