• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I would still do....

Diesel

I don't want any parts of Foyle and his ridiculous contract. If the Hawks are going to take on salary, I want some kind of production and unfortunately Foyle is not going to give it. I would rather have one of their young bigs, a first round pick, and the Warriors can throw in Murphy to make the salaries match.

New plan. Billy Knight calls Isiah Thomas twice a day wanting to trade Al Harrington for Frye and 2 #1's. Finally, after 1 1/2 weeks, he catches Thomas slippin, Thomas messes up and makes another bad trade for New York's growth.

Note to New York fans. In the twilight zone where this happened, it shouldn't upset you. Right now both of us aren't happy, might as well make one of us happy. I call dibs on that being us.

Quote:

Just don't suggest that on a Warrior's board. Someone will probably try to stab you in heart with a toothpick.

As a Bay Area bred, ex Warrior fan I could care less what they think. lol The Warriors were the first team I ever liked, but after years of bad drafts and bad trades I got fed up (as a 10 year old). My Grandmother was one of the first people in my family to get cable tv back in the early 80's, and thanks to Ted Turner I was introduced to Dominique Wilkins. My family moved to Atlanta in 84, and I've been a Hawks fan every since.

Quote:

I don't want any parts of Foyle and his ridiculous contract.

you guys complained about ALAN HENDERSON and his $7 million a year contract towards the end of his hawks career.

Foyle is going to be arround $9 million a year. hes going to grab rebounds and block shots. thats it. and for $9 million a year, id want my center to do more. for $5 million a year, sure- sign me up. $9 million?

NO!

this is ERICK DAMPIERE all over again.

No to Foyle and his ridiculous contract. Isn't he one of a handful of players whose contract is usally the butt of jokes? I'm not gonna look it up, but isn't he like a career 6/5 guy? This NOT in praise of John Edwards, but isn't he a better value on a dollar-per-stat basis? We can do better, even if we do nothing.

• Premium Member

In 2004, Foyle Signed a 6 year 42 million dollar contract.

However, that Contract has a Team option after the 5th year. So really, it's a 5 year 32 million dollar deal with an optional 6th year.

5 years 32 million averages a little over 6 million dollars a year.

Foyle is 6'10" 270 and averaged 1.6 bpg in 20 mpg.

I think if we can trade Al for Foyle and the pick... We would have a good deal. We may need to pick up one more player to make the deal work...

How about Foyle/Ellis/1st for Al.

Diesel, no matter how you slice I don't want any parts of that contract, and I hope the Hawks ownership feels the same way. He was horrible when people on this board wanted to sign him as a free agent (playing time was the excuse then), and he is horrible now even with Damipier gone.

• Premium Member

Well,

I don't think he's making superstar money... Moreover, I'm more interesting in acquiring GS's pick. GS seems to be a team more cursed than us. If they are willing to give us an unprotected pick and Foyle,Ellis I would take it..

The contract will be up in three years. I think he would serve his purpose of being a back up defender off the bench.

If you wasn't expecting Shaq, I think you would see the logic.

• Premium Member

Click here.

Quote:

Center Adonal Foyle re-signed with the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday, agreeing to a six-year deal worth nearly $42 million.

Quote:

But the Warriors still gave Foyle a long-term with five guaranteed seasons and a sixth-year option at $10 million.

This is information from the Adonal Foyle player file on ESPN. I saw your quote.. but Chad Ford?

Quote:

Quote:

agreeing to a
six-year deal
worth nearly $42 million.

This is different than a 5 year deal.

or even a 5 year deal with an optional 6 year.

You don't like accepting the truth do you?

Quote:

The contract will be up in three years. I think he would serve his purpose of being a back up defender off the bench.

If you wasn't expecting Shaq, I think you would see the logic.

I don't think I'm expecting Shaq, but i do expect more for $8 million per year than Foyle can give. I know if the Hawks do the deal they will take a bad contract along with a youngster/pick, but I hope they just say no to Foyle. I would rather deal with the Pacers and get Foster/pick/Harrison. I really don't like Tinsley, but I would rather take that combo over Foyle.