• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My message to Childress (I will be flamed badly)

SmittyandGaylock

He has a facebook account so I sent him this message and hopefully he reads it.

I respect the fact that you give your all on the court and play hard everynight, but what is with your jumpshot? It looks like you are trying to push a tumor off your chest or doing a bad Shawn Marion imitation. The only way you can step up ya game is by changing that ugly junk and hitting the weightroom. Whenever you shoot a three ball every Hawks fan besides myself holds their breath that it atleast hits rim.

Dude, he shot 49.2% from 3 this past year. Last time I checked, that is pretty good even if it was just for shooting from the field.

Who cares what his shot looks like? He shoots effectively and knows his limitations. He doesn't force anything, I wish more players on our team (cough cough, Josh Smith) didn't force up shots.

49% and he takes maybe 1 or 2 per game and the year before he hit 23% from 3's. I don't see how he can get any consistancy in that shot, so i'm not gonna go crazy over one year of 3 balls that he prob only took when he was wide open. Also of the 55% a lot of that came from dunks and layuos. Ask yourself this, do you honestly feel comfortable when he has an open shot?

Quote:

49% and he takes maybe 1 or 2 per game and the year before he hit 23% from 3's. I don't see how he can get any consistancy in that shot, so i'm not gonna go crazy over one year of 3 balls that he prob only took when he was wide open. Also of the 55% a lot of that came from dunks and layuos. Ask yourself this, do you honestly feel comfortable when he has an open shot?

Did you even care to realize that he shot 40% from 3 his last year at Stanford? And 49% from the field that year?

It looks ugly, but who freaking cares? Rick Barry used to shoot free throws granny style and he was a career 90% free throw shooter.

Give it a rest dude, no one gives a f*ck.

The biggest problem with Chill's shot is not that its ugly...its that he can't ctreate it off the dribble or get his own. That is why he can't play the 2...he is a garbage man...fine, but as the #6 pick it was too high.

But, Billy was in love....and when Billy is in love you just back away and watch. Cause its done.

He was in love with Shelden this year...back in January Billy knew it was Shelden like childhood sweethearts.

Ain't Billy something?

Quote:

The biggest problem with Chill's shot is not that its ugly...its that he can't ctreate it off the dribble or get his own. That is why he can't play the 2.

I think his lack of footspeed is a bigger problem than his shot. He isn't a threat to blow by people off the dribble which makes it tough for him to create. It also makes it tough for him to defend.

Also, I read where his first year in the league he was working on changing his form. Last year they let him shoot his old ugly style, and that is why his % went up so much.

The problem I have with his shot is not how ugly it is, but that he shoots so low. He HAS to be wide open to even get it off.

Chill can knock down a wide open shot. He shoots a high percentage. But he can't create a shot which is a severe liability in the league. His upside is limited because of it.

How a GM could look at this kid and take him over Iggy or Deng is a stretch. He is a hustle kid and a guy who can finish. But his shot is so flawed that it requires too much time to get off in traffic. And his speed is problem for a guard. He is not a 2 guard and no amount of hoping is going to make it true.

Lets trade him for another #1 and get a do over.

What is the fascination with Iggy and Deng...Iggy is a great athlete but can't make jumpshots consistently and is not a very goo ballhandler.

deng is not a very good athlete and is somewhat one dimensional.

To me, Iggy, Deng, Chills....toss up.

yes, i honestly feel comfortable when he has an open shot

he's money when he has an open shot and his %s show that

his low release point means he can't shoot when well-guarded too well, but he is a SMART player and doesn't force those shots...he can slash and move without the ball and get open and score at a great % and a decent amount per game (especially when al/toine aren't in the game)

chill is a very good player and i do not wanna trade him and i look forward to many years of him as a hawk

His shot DOES look terrible when it leaves his hand,

but it looks, oh so sweet when it hits nothing but

the bottom of the net!!!!!

Which had you rather have, a player with a great looking

shot that won't go in or what the Hawks have??

Personally, I'll take the one that gets points.

Golfers have a saying that fits here, "It ain't how you

drive, it's how you arrive."

Yep, you got flamed. You had it coming. But, you

know that, didn't you !!

smirk.gif

FYI...It helps in the NBA if you can get the ball in the hoop on your own from time to time. It lessens your total dependence on your teammates and helps you bring more to the table. I don't care if you shoot it between your legs...its nice to be able to create your own shot.