Diesel's Brainstorm of the year.

Diesel

• Premium Member

How could we get Oneal out of any deal.

Oneal to Atlanta. (we'll start there).

Indy needs a big, and cap relief.

So let's say one of the players Indy gets is Al.

Let's say the other is Camby.

Denver gives up Camby, it gets who...

Ai.

Denver would also give up Bad contract... let's say Kobestopper.

Kobestopper has to go to a team willing to give up a longterm contract. Let's say GS. Let's say Murphy.

Murphy, Stephen Jackson to Philly. You can't have a trade without Isiah..

So let's say Webber, F. Jones to NY for Francis to Philly.

Indy would get Crawford.

I

So let's lay it all out.

Atlanta gets JO.

Indy gets Al, Crawford, & Camby

Philly gets Murphy, Stephen Jackson, & Francis .

Denver gets Ai.

GS gets Patterson/Salim,

NY gets Webber, Fred Jones.

This is a pipedream, but there's plenty of rumors that can be made to support it.

The premise of getting J O'Neal is an admirable one. I, for one, take a long term view of this franchise's success. We have some pieces in place now with JJ and either Marvin or Smoove (maybe both) likely to pan out into at least quality starters. But unless one of our forwards can elevate his game to a truly elite level, then I doubt we can become a championship team without a true frontcourt star. I'm talking about a MAN who has success on both ends, and who is not a team cancer. Further, the ideal player would be on the upside of his career, so that we can compete for years to come.

There's a short list of such young, big, franchise players: JO, Dwight Howard, Bosh, anyone else?? Probably a few of the very young players will develop onto this list as well.

JO is probably the most acquirable right now. You might be concerned that he isn't good enough to carry his team by himself, but teamed with JJ it might be enough.

Now might not be the right time to do it, but the time will come when we have to deal from the strength of our position duplication, and move good players to get a great player. It just seems that we have a chance here with a valuable trade cog (Al) + some combination of our potential. If we can't get the great player now because he's not on the market, let's make sure we get an equally valuable piece back for Al, not a collection of mediocrity. Magloire might be the only reasonable thing I've heard so far that might actually happen. At least we get a quality piece, who helps you now, and is tradeable.

Maybe getting Magloire sets us up for a huge trade possibility next year that sends him back to his home of Toronto + Marvin OR Smoove + ?? for a newly disgruntled Bosh, who's feeling remorse after checking out the tax bill on his new extension.

Help me out here, people.

Wouldn't Indiana take Al and Marvin (or Smoove) RIGHT NOW for JO? As much as I'd hate to give away one of those studs so early, wouldn't it be worth it? A move like that immediately sets the team, removes redundancy, the minutes fall into place natually, etc, etc.

We're going to have to hit a home run eventually. At a time when optimism runs wild, let's stop mentioning the name of Troy Murphy, et al, and get on with the business of creating an internet pipedream fantasy of a team that could actually win something someday.

Who's with me?????

Quote:

Quote:

WHO'S THE PICTURE?

The President of Georgia Southern.

very good. Dr Bruce Grube.

the penguin suit went from trying to irritate the Liberals on this site with his George Bush picture to trying to irritate me.

LOL is this thread a waste of Hawksquawk space or what? more spam.

Quote:

No, not really. Your troll, on the other hand, is.

I'm far from a Diesel sympathizer, but I did reach the point where I saw that he made a thread, so I automatically looked for your reply.

Is Diesel an attention-whore? Absolutely. However, all you're doing by provoking him is feeding his superstar image. Stop.

Quote:

Quote:

No, not really. Your troll, on the other hand, is.

I'm far from a Diesel sympathizer, but I did reach the point where I saw that he made a thread, so I automatically looked for your reply.

Is Diesel an attention-whore? Absolutely. However, all you're doing by provoking him is feeding his superstar image. Stop.

if you took his post as legit you are the only one. in fact it's one of the stupider ones i've seen him concoct in his little corner as of late.

as for the other i already apologized. keep up.

Quote:

if you took his post as legit you are the only one. in fact it's one of the stupider ones i've seen him concoct in his little corner as of late.

You obviously haven't been reading Diesel posts for long. A good portion of them have been much more absurd than this.

However, even if this post was construed entirely for the purpose of debuting his new avatar, you still gave it reference, and justified his making of the post. Keep up.

Quote:

Quote:

You obviously haven't been reading Diesel posts for long. A good portion of them have been much more absurd than this.

However, even if this post was construed entirely for the purpose of debuting his new avatar, you still gave it reference, and justified his making of the post. Keep up.

Slacker this has went beyond boredom at work. believe me. grin.gifgrin.gif

• Premium Member

It never ends with some. I was hopeful that he would end his "spamming" at 2:00 p.m. as he had said. However, it's crazy to believe that he thought I made this post for his benefit. It's about basketball.

So back to basketball.

One of the things that I would love the most is for us to get a legitimate star. Even if it meant trading away some of our financial freedom.

I have stayed true to the rumors of a 6 team 12 player trade.

The trade I have proposed seems to fit in the cap with the right number manipulations on the SNTs and it makes some sense too......IF the rumors are true that some of these teams want these guys gone. For instance, I don't know for sure if Denver wants Iverson or If GS really wants to move Murphy's bad contract badly or IF Indy feels like they can never win with JO....

However, if the rumors are true, I think this monstrosity of a trade makes some sense for everyteam. I'm still wondering about Philly. I mean, they look like they take a loss but then again, you never know how new chemistry could effect that team... See the Kings after they traded away Webber and the gang... And Dallas without Finley and Nash...

• Premium Member

Quote:

It never ends with some. I was hopeful that he would end his "spamming" at 2:00 p.m. as he had said. However, it's crazy to believe that he thought I made this post for his benefit. It's about basketball.

So back to basketball.

One of the things that I would love the most is for us to get a legitimate star. Even if it meant trading away some of our financial freedom.

I have stayed true to the rumors of a 6 team 12 player trade.

The trade I have proposed seems to fit in the cap with the right number manipulations on the SNTs and it makes some sense too......IF the rumors are true that some of these teams want these guys gone. For instance, I don't know for sure if Denver wants Iverson or If GS really wants to move Murphy's bad contract badly or IF Indy feels like they can never win with JO....

However, if the rumors are true, I think this monstrosity of a trade makes some sense for everyteam. I'm still wondering about Philly. I mean, they look like they take a loss but then again, you never know how new chemistry could effect that team... See the Kings after they traded away Webber and the gang... And Dallas without Finley and Nash...

I have to admit that this is a pretty stupid thread! Why would Indy want veteran players if they are rebuilding? Unless you think that the player that they are receiving are better than J.O. Why would amyone want Murphy?

all about the basketball.....

Indy would do it because they would give up a top 10 cornerstone NBA player and receive in return Marcus Camby who you can count on to miss 20 games a year, Jamal Crawford who is one of Isiah's crowning achievements, and Al "Matador" Harrington. yeah that makes alot of sense.

Philly would do it because they would get a huge contract attached to a role player, a nutjob, and another nutjob with a similiar albatross of a contract in return for the true "franchise" AI. yeah that makes alot of sense.

Golden State would do it because perhaps Patterson can start supplying the team with a new marijuana hookup. Salim can yell at their coach and tell him how much he sucks. yeah that makes alot of sense.

New York would do it because they love NBA players who have been rode hard and put up wet with huge contracts, Webber fits that bill to a T. maybe Fred Jones and Nate Robinson can make it an all-knick final in the dunk contest. that's something to trade for. yeah that makes alot of sense.

in short congratulations for adding to your post total Diesel.

• Premium Member

As far as Indy goes.

I think they want to get rid of some of their personnell who make a lot but are bad lockerroom company.

As far as JO. I specifically remember last year Bird saying that he would trade JO if they couldn't win the EC. Maybe that's a promise with Artest in hand, but it's still a promise made by Bird. Financially, it doesn't make sense to keep a guy who makes 120+ million dollars if you can't put a team around him that can get to the championship.

About rebuilding, I think it's easier to trade Camby later (if you want to go that route) than it will be to trade JO later. It's almost like a time limit is about to expire and whoever is holding JO has JO for the duration. Why i would like us to have JO is because with all the players we have, we still lack an identity. ALSO because he fills a need for star power and we have the young players to surround him with. The problem is do we have enough available cap space to stay within the court ruling... I don't know?

Quote:

As far as Indy goes.

I think they want to get rid of some of their personnell who make a lot but are bad lockerroom company.

As far as JO. I specifically remember last year Bird saying that he would trade JO if they couldn't win the EC. Maybe that's a promise with Artest in hand, but it's still a promise made by Bird. Financially, it doesn't make sense to keep a guy who makes 120+ million dollars if you can't put a team around him that can get to the championship.

About rebuilding, I think it's easier to trade Camby later (if you want to go that route) than it will be to trade JO later. It's almost like a time limit is about to expire and whoever is holding JO has JO for the duration. Why i would like us to have JO is because with all the players we have, we still lack an identity. ALSO because he fills a need for star power and we have the young players to surround him with. The problem is do we have enough available cap space to stay within the court ruling... I don't know?

this better be part one of a four part installment if you want to try and justify that trade.

i'm out folks, enjoy your evening!

Quote:

As far as Indy goes.

all about the basketball....

that is a very weak compilation of reasons to trade JO. that is getting rid of JO ala Portland got rid of Isiah Rider.

Also what about Philly, New York, and Golden State? you never adressed those teams specifically. i'm at a loss as to why they would want to be a part of this deal.

please educate me on these basketball issues.

Quote:

Quote:

As far as Indy goes.

that is a very weak compilation of reasons to trade JO. that is getting rid of JO ala Portland got rid of Isiah Rider.

Also what about Philly, New York, and Golden State? you never adressed those teams specifically. i'm at a loss as to why they would want to be a part of this deal.

i need you to explain "the basketball" to me

Quote:

Quote:

As far as Indy goes.

can't support his illogical ramblings so it's another cut and run job.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As far as Indy goes.

can't support his illogical ramblings so it's another cut and run job.

no big suprise Diesel has proven himself to be flash over substance.