• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Charles speaks his mind about Hawks Management

Blunt91

Ernie Johnson brought up the statement about the Hawks Guarantee that their season ticket holderswould get a refund in the amount of $125dollars if they don't make the playoffs. Charles said they can't be all that confident about the idea if they are only giving back 125dollars, what can a 125dollars buy you? He also stated that Atlanta has to realize that teams like the Heat, Wizards, and the Knicks who missed the playoffs will be stronger next season.

Everyone needs to look at it like this. The Hawks a business organization that wants desperately to win. They arent looking to give up any money to fans by missing the playoffs. The big deal is that when we make the playoffs, the first game will be for free. Thats a lot of money right there......likely more than they would give out to the season ticket holders at 125 a pop........however the team will make it back because of the extra revenue that will be generated by making the playoffs. Still though, with the team putting themselves into a position to lose a significant amount of money as a whole by missing the postseason due to paying the 125 a pop and the extra revenue lost, I would say that the team is very confident, and is rewarding fans with a free game when we do make it. If one fan looks at it like "Oh well I am only going to get back 125" then its going to seem like a very small amount, but in the grand scheme of things this team is offering out a lot of extra money.

What Chuckles fails to mention is that there's more than one season ticket holder in ATL. When you combine all the $125 checks they stand to write, it totals up to a little over $500K. I'm sure the smug and oh-so-witty Sir Charles could find a way to spend 500 grand, and I doubt it would be on buttons for his suit. Barkley can be funny sometimes, but other times he comes off really ignorant. His little tyraid reminded me of the lockout season when Kenny Anderson was wondering aloud how he would make the payments on his fleet of Bentleys. Spare me. And these guys wonder how they end up broke and destitute at the end of their multi-million dollar careers...

Yeah HDS you are right sometimes I don't agree with what Charles said especially about Terry being weak and liking to shoot the ball all the time. On the Other hand, I did find it amusing when They were talking about Yao Ming. A reporter stated that Ming had watched his 1st NBA game during the NBA finals back in 94. She stated Ming says he has modeled his game after Olajuwon since then.Chalres responded in saying "He modeled his game after Hakeem Olajuwon? They must be showing us the wrong tape, I haven't seen the dream shake at all."

If you have half a million in ther bank, your home and cars all paid for

and a few thousand cash lying around, $125.00 is nothing. Sir Charles

sounds like he fits this description ---

On the other hand, some poor slob that has a wife, a banknote and a girl

friend, all a month past due and no money in his pocket, no money available,

either on hand or in the bank and payday two days away, $125.00 is a

small fortune. It'll buy a heck of a lot of groceries.

Most of us fall somewhere between "Got it made" and "Desperate" shown

above. $125.00 may not be much to a lot of people, but it is more than

any one else is offering. I like it! I think it shows a lot of pride in the

entire Hawks orginization.

If you don't believe in yourseld, how do you expect any one else to believe?

Gray Mule

$125 bucks is 125 bucks...if the wizards don't make the playoffs, how much do their season ticket holders get? what about milwaukee or new york? zilcho...

so to a word to charles and anyone else who says it isn't much...don't be greedy..125 bucks is alot of money...if season tickets are alot more, who cares? now they'll be 125 bucks cheaper. i don't see how anyone can complain... noone made mngmnt do this...this doesn't even happen anywhere.. so lets applaud or mngmnt for doing this and not criticize them cuz we want more....

it's a positive statement.. a positive maneuver.. they aren't taking anything away, they are adding something to it.. they are adding at least a small element of excitement by showing that they have the confidence in our team.. confidence in your team is a good thing... i like charles too but i agree, he says stupid things sometimes.

bottom line..$125 is better than $0

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth(i cannot beleive i actually used that phrase, hell i don't even know if it applies)

The point is Playa that noone else in the league is offering any money at all if they suceed or fail. So the choice is between 125$ dollars and 0 dollars. Now it doesn't take Allen Greenspan to tell me to take the 125$. Rather you like the amount or not they are offering more than anyone else, so quit biatchin.

Notice to anyone who wants to write completely useless responses with nothing but foul language, in the future they will be deleted and if it continues to happen then further action will be taken to insure that people arent attacked on here. Use your email for that if you must.

Im not attacking u either...

Yeah, lets try to keep it clean here- its a better environment and makes the day a little better smile.gif

My opinion on the $125 deal, heck... its better than nothing

On the hawks organization, its not a TOO BIG of a risk... they dont need to panic too much if they dont meet their goal. But it is another MOTIVE to win.

also, more fans do help the players

Let me ask you something playa if you were going to buy a TV that cost $3000 dollars and the associate told you you get $125 back because you bought it on Tuesday would you complain? Would you say to the associate only $125 this is a bull$hit deal. I don't think you would. If you are going to buy the TV anyway what difference does it make how much money you get back? Now apply that to season tickets. That is as plain as it gets.