• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is the best comparison for Marvin's...

DavidSomerset

Style of play?

I can't really think of any stars in the league right now that play the same way as him.

He's similar in size to someone like LeBron James, but I don't think he has (or will have) the shooting range or ball handling ability of Lebron.

On the other hand, I don't think he plays like KG or Dirk either...they are both more of PF's.

Is Scottie Pippen a good comparison?

Quote:

Style of play?

I can't really think of any stars in the league right now that play the same way as him.

He's similar in size to someone like LeBron James, but I don't think he has (or will have) the shooting range or ball handling ability of Lebron.

On the other hand, I don't think he plays like KG or Dirk either...they are both more of PF's.

I think its too early to tell right now, but we should know better after he is a starter for a full year. It is encouraging that he is going to the free throw line as much as he has in these two summer league games. If he can continue to get stronger and develop a killer instinct then the sky's the limit for his future potential.

Quote:

Quote:

Style of play?

I think its too early to tell right now, but we should know better after he is a starter for a full year. It is encouraging that he is going to the free throw line as much as he has in these two summer league games. If he can continue to get stronger and develop a killer instinct then the sky's the limit for his future potential.

What he wants to know is who he will be like if he continues to do what he is doing in SL. Is Adreian Dantley a fair comparison? Marvin better grows a big butt to protect himself from injury. He'll be on it a lot and the NBA 260 pounders will send him to the injured list sooner or later.

Marvin said himself he needed to work on his aggressiveness which is what he's doing in the Summer League. He is a good shooter and will improve that too with more work. I think his game is well rounded in all facets. I can't really say right now who I'd compare him too, but I've heard Antwawn Jamison. Don't know if I like that one.

Quote:

Quote:

Is
Adreian
Dantley a fair comparison?

If you are looking for someone who is the complete opposit of Marvin.

Dantley was very aggressive to the hoop and thats what Marvin is trying to become in the Summer League. About the same size, aren't they? I know last year's Marvin was far from that.

I can't claim this comparison as my own, but Rick Majerus stated before the draft last year that Marvin Williams is James Worthy with a jump shot. I will listen to Rick Majerus bofore I listen to any of the bozos that call themselves experts (i.e. Chad Ford, the guys at draftexpress, the guys at nbadraft.net). Rick Majerus has forgotten more basketball than those guys will ever know.

I've seen people make that comparison, and I don't they can be any farther off in that comparison.

Antawn Jamison is an aggressive scorer, but he cannot shoot from the perimeter, doesn't have good ball handling ability, and is a terrible defender. Eric Mussleman once said that the only position that Jamison could come close to defending is the power forward position, and that's why Eric played him as the four man in Golden State.

Personaly, I believe comparing Marvin to Antawn is a slight to Marvin's overall skill level and ability. Unlike Antawn, Marvin has a picture perfect, textbook perimeter shooting stroke, great ball handling skills for a player of his size, and the ability to defend two positions.

Quote:

I think he's pretty close to Rashard Lewis

I think that is the best comparison. Marvin was definitely better at the same age, but if you gake Marvin at 19 and Rashard at 20, shocking.

Rashard 19.2 mpg 8.2 ppg 4.1 rpg 0.9 apg 0.8 spg 0.4 bpg 1.0 topg .486 FG% .333 3PT% .683 FT%

Marvin 24.7 mpg 8.5 ppg 4.8 rpg 0.8 apg 0.6 spg 0.3 bpg 1.1 topg .443 FG% .245 3PT% .747 FT%

That is pretty freaking close. I think we can expect to get somewhere between 15 ppg, 7 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1 spg, .6 bpg, 1.5 topg, .460 FG%, .333 3PT%, and .800 FT% from Marvin. And the way I got those numbers was take a rough average of Rashard's 21 and 22 year old stats. They both play the same type of game, neither of them is a strong defender, they play outside too much, and have a good shooting touch.