• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN insider help? Marvin Williams turning heads..

mountain_jim

Hot Williams Nets 26 To Lead Comeback Win

Marvin Williams continued his impressive play in the Rocky Mountain Revue, scoring 26 points Tuesday to lead the Hawks to an 88-85 comeback win over the Seattle SuperSonics in Salt Lake City. The second-year forward, who leads the summer league in scoring with 25.0 points per game, made 7 of 9 from the field and 11 of 13 free throws as the Hawks evened their record at 2-2. "Marvin has been tremendous all week and is showing he wants to be a leader," said Hawks summer-league coach Larry Drew. --

Marvin Williams showed this talent from mid-season until the end of the year. Everyone including the national media noticed how well he played at the end of the year.

He is going to live up to the No. 2 pick....maybe this year.

I think JJ and Marvin will be the main goto scorers this year.

Marvin should do better this year but lets not get carried away. I think it will take a few years before he really reaches his potential, if he actually does.

He certainly has the tools to become a big time scorer but it will take time to develop the moves he will need to score 20+ ppg.

If he averages 14 ppg next year I would consider that a success.

I know Smoove played great down the stretch, but he was doing a lot of that damage from the perimeter (and some with his in-between game). I wonder if Smoove is seeing how tenacious Marvin has been taking the ball to the hole and applying that to his own game? Can you imagine what he could do if he just decided, "I'm going to the rim as hard as I can" like Marvin has? That's scary man.

big IF! he's needed that since he came into the league.

Honestly, those two should get together, talk about how they need to improve in order to compliment the other better...and go from there. It'd be the best for both, the franchise, and the fans...