• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Favorite unsong Brave in Braves History?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Everybody can punch out Dale Murphy, Gene Garber, Gary Matthews Sr., Hammerin Hank, Terry Pendleton, or even Sid Bream...

But who is your favorite unfamous Atlanta Brave?

I'm going to start the list with Jeff Blauser.

Chris Chambliss gets a close second..( But I think he was kinda famous)... Mike Lemke gets a close third... BUT the Lemer had a nickname!

• Premium Member

Rejectm, Eye will mispel every woord in this post just to get a reactuion from ewe. Because it's such a dumbass thing to do to cuum hear and tri to corrrect everybody's spelling.

Are you one of these Spelling Bee guys who starts to shaking and falls out everytime you see a mispelled word?

You sure sound like one.

• Premium Member

I like Blauser because he was such a wuss. He was my favorite Brave to heckle.

I remember going to a midafternoon game between the Braves/Dodgers. Blauser was doing his bat swings and Dodger fans started calling him a name. I forget what it was, but he got really red turned around and said " Shut your stinkin mouth". He went to bat and looked like he was about to cry. It was really funny.

If I were to do it the other way around...

I would say Terry Pendleton. That's what the Braves has missed for the last 12 years. A true Leader on the field.

• Premium Member

Veras came over with star potential.

Dye was a star... after he left.

Blauser and Lemmer never did anything but play OK ball for the Braves.

I think Blauser has to be the guy who played for the Braves who contributed the absolute LEAST and was a starter.

I remember watching the Braves in the bottom of the 9th... somehow, the other team would get Blauser up to bath. It always ended the same way.. Either Pop out or Double.

• Premium Member

By far it is Jeff Treadway. I have several things autographed by him. He was high school best friends with one of the owners of the company my father works for and that I worked for years at. I got to meet him and it was a thrill to do that.

I still have to wonder what in the blue hell Cox was thinking in putting over Lemke over Treadway. Treadway was only slightly less good of a defensive 2B than Lemke and was far and away a better offensive player.

I was a big fan of Glenn Hubbard and Rick Mahler back in the 80's.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob Horner was a heck of a third baseman but played during the years when they were awful. Yet he did not get the attention that Murphy got.

When I first met my wife (who is from Atl) she got me watching the Braves and we used them as a sleeping pill when we couldn't get to sleep. That all changed in 1990.