• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What the purpose of the cash?

tmac13

We are basically trading AL and Edwards for a 1st and 3 million in cash..What is the purpose of the cash?..

Are we going to turn around and trade the 3 million plus a 2nd rounder for a player?..Are we using it for some sort of contract buyout for Anderson or another overseas player?..Or is the cash because the owners are really treading water financially and need it?

Thoughts?

Quote:

With the $3 million, although it doesn't create more cap space, it might indeed influence the owners approach to spending more money.

Unfortunately, it also showed that the owers were ready to spend all the money upto $3million less than the cap space.

They don't even want to spend all the money they are allowed to spend to make this team better. Can you ever imagine them going over the cap like the elite teams to make it a championship team. Where is the Mark Cuban of Atlanta?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

With the $3 million, although it doesn't create more cap space, it might indeed influence the owners approach to spending more money.

Unfortunately, it also showed that the owers were ready to spend all the money upto $3million less than the cap space.

They don't even want to spend all the money they are allowed to spend to make this team better. Can you ever imagine them going over the cap like the elite teams to make it a championship team. Where is the Mark Cuban of Atlanta?

I really wish Ted Turner would buy back the Hawks, Braves and nab the Thrashers and spend money on the teams like he used to do.

the cash is just BK's excuse to delay until he nails down the Magloire deal. think about it, these teams operate on budget's that massively eclipise $3 mil. so it either means we're that broke (which I doubt) or that BK just needs a little more time to nail down deal #2 (much more likely)...

flava

Quote:

the cash is just BK's excuse to delay until he nails down the Magloire deal. think about it, these teams operate on budget's that massively eclipise $3 mil. so it either means we're that broke (which I doubt) or that BK just needs a little more time to nail down deal #2 (much more likely)...

flava

If BK gets Mags for peanuts, I'll give him a 5 year extension. Screw Belkin.

• Premium Member

The money is not a partof the cap... It's just money traded between the teams.. Just like we got Nique for Freeman Williams, John, and 1 Million dollars.

I got the feeling that the 3 million dollars is a little more than just a stall. I think that we will need that 3 million for some debt recoup..

Quote:

Wow - a few days ago we were talking about getting this guy or that guy or a combination of big(s) and a pick.

But it's not like we got screwed, it's our choice. Would you rather have Troy Murphy at his price, or just a pick from Indy? I'll take just a pick. I'd rather have Foster or Harisson and some filler, but I'll take just a pick. If we improve this season, and we have a half decent pick in a nice draft, we'll have a ton of cap space to try to sign someone good. I personally would guess that we can sign someone better than Murphy for that kind of cash.

If we want a guy like Murphy, I'm sure we could call GS and get him in 5 minutes. Is that what you'd do?