• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is good setting up, give Bernie a Hand!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

In their first five games of the season the Hawks will face 76ers star Allen Iverson, New York under Isiah Thomas in their home opener Nov. 3, Atlanta native Dwight Howard and Orlando at home Nov. 5, LeBron James in Cleveland on Nov. 7 and All-Star and former Georgia Tech star Chris Bosh in Toronto on Nov. 10.

Whoever set the schedule needs to be congratulated!! I think we can come out of that 4-1.

For the first time in years, the Hawks are not going west on a 7-10 game road trip.

I guess the circus is not coming to town.

Well - I'm not so much worried about the first 5 games as i am about the first 20. That's the time of schedule that teams are playing with big effort to establish a territory in terms of record in the conference (IMO). The Hawks can't afford a 6-14 or 7-13 start this year. We really need to win around 50% of our early season games to establish our competitiveness.

• Premium Member

The importance I see in the first five is that in 3 of the first 5 we will be playing against top stars in the league: AI, Bron, Bosh... and I believe we can win all three.

Those other 15 games you allude to will be easier if we can get momentum with the first 5.

In years past, we went on the road and we lost on the road.

Last year it was GS, LAC, and PTL.

The year before that it was Phoenix, Seattle, and LAC... each time, we played against strong western teams at their house.

This year, we play against weaker eastern teams...

I like it.

I'm not ready to give them a 4-1 start but it should be better than the 2-16 start from a year ago. They don't have the excuses of having to start out on the road to be home opening fodder for western teams now. A .500+ record or near that after the first 20 games is optimistic but possible.