• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Olowokandi redux

bisonblu

• Premium Member

Yes, losing Lue will be a downgrade, but it's not like Lue is our starting PG. You forget that Lue went down also.. for the last 2 years.

In that time, Grundy has shown something. He's not exactly Lue's equal, but I say he plays better defense.

I think the fact that we have JJ means that we can start working on having some of these off guards play more minutes.

That's all that Lue really is. He's a good ball handling off guard. He doesn't run the offense... He just handles the ball and make sure that the defense doesn't get it. Hell, Salim can do that. The thing I credit Lue with is the fact that he's a very good shooter from outside. However, he is in no way not expendable. For the right deal (one that brings back a C) I would trade Lue immediately and not be concerned because if not Grundy, there's another player out there who can replace Lue and probably do better.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Then you never watched Lo play..At times he played hard and at times he played with indifference..There is a reason he was never able to crack the starting rotation with the Hawks or the Clippers and that was his drive..

I can almost put money on the fact I watched him play more than you did. tongue.gif I don't miss too many Hawks games in about thirty years of watching the team. Wright cared about winning and he took it badly when we lost. Out of that entire roster he was the only one that even cared. It wasn't his heart that kept him from being a starter for the Clippers or for us. He gave an effort which is more than I can say for a lot of the bums we've had on this team in the last eight years.

• Premium Member

Let's be honest JB, you only want Cato here because he might get you a discount on your season tickets. He'd give you some barbarshop cred to say " I went to HS with that guy"...

However, when you put Mihm up for inspection..

Over the last 2 seasons, he's up 10ppg/6.5reb/1.3blpg/1 apg per 25 mpg...

That's darn good for a BU.

He's in the last year of his deal and he'd probably come cheap if he likes Atlanta.

Plus, how could you turn down another center than looks like this:

CuteChris.jpg

I am beginning to think there is no such thing as a right deal for us. I think the chances that we are going to get someone back in a trade for Al that is the same quality is 50/50 at best.

I think we had a good chance to take a BIG STEP FORWARD this summer and I don't think that is going to happen. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote:

Let's be honest JB, you only want Cato here because he might get you a discount on your season tickets. He'd give you some barbarshop cred to say " I went to HS with that guy"...

He's in the last year of his deal and he'd probably come cheap if he likes Atlanta.

CuteChris.jpg

I play that card anyway. I have so many "loose connections to professionals

My Cousin played with Alfred Jenkins

My brother went to H.S. with Dion Glover (he was behind my class)

I went to school with Kelvin Cato

My best friend sister is married to Hugh Douglas of the Philadelphia Eagles.

I could be a Lee Steinberg if I could pull all these things together. lmao

Quote:

I think we had a good chance to take a BIG STEP FORWARD this summer and I don't think that is going to happen. Hope I'm wrong.

I agree to some extent. It's true that we didn't take a huge step forward, but we have taken a number of significant steps forward that will pay off more than people think (shipping Al, signing Speedy, probably signing Olowokandi, getting Shelden...), and most important of all we haven't taken a huge step back by taking a contract like Murphy on. I wouldn't have run the offseason the way it took shape, but we haven't done too bad, and most people will chill out when we're back to being respectable next year.

Quote:

Just to clarify, our objectives this summer were :

1a-Get Bigs

1b-Get a starting PG

2-Get something for Al, the more the better as long as it's not bad contracts

We adressed 1b by getting Speedy and we adressed 1a in part by getting Shelden. There is no doubt that we will accomplish 2, the only question is how much we will get for him. So while we have possibly blown our chance at another good big (if we were actually interested in them), we still have done pretty good this summer. Not exceptionally well, but pretty damn good. While Speedy is not a great player, I think his impact on this team will be tremendous by filling a total void.

As for the remaining big, I would like to see Olowokandi. He has a lot of potential, as much as he has underachieved. He hasn't handled pressure very well. He might bust here too, but if there is any area where he could succeed, it is out of the spotlight with us. I wouldn't pay him big bucks, but if he comes at the right price, he would be a great addition.

Kandi is 31 years old... Which means he doesn't have any potential.

Quote:

Quote:

CuteChris.jpg

I play that card anyway. I have so many "loose connections to professionals

My Cousin played with Alfred Jenkins

My brother went to H.S. with Dion Glover (he was behind my class)

I went to school with Kelvin Cato

My best friend sister is married to Hugh Douglas of the Philadelphia Eagles.

I could be a Lee Steinberg if I could pull all these things together. lmao

Chris Mihm looks like Ricky Roe from Blue Chips.