• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who will he Hawks deal with after Indy?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I actually believe our next playing partner will be the Lakers.

I want to see how "creative" Tellum will be this offseason. I'm guessing that it will be Lakers for Al... I don't know exactly what we will get.

• Moderators

Obviously we're not going to take back a contract that will match Al's salary even if its for just a this year so who can trade with us without dumping salary? I'm not sure anyone but Charlotte can but I don't know for sure. Maybe a multi team deal?

• Moderators

All the reports of the Indy deal mention our insistence on not taking back salary. Obviously there are other teams interested in Al who I'm sure have offered more than a draft pick yet we wait on Indy to decide on a 'done deal' (this from both sides). If we were willing to take on more salary it seems like we'd be looking at other offers. BK himself said he's just waiting on Indy to decide what to do.

Maybe its all just rumor but I would think that one of the other teams would have offered something decent by now. I just don't believe we want to expand the payroll this year. Its the only rumor that makes sense.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If we were willing to take on more salary it seems like we'd be looking at other offers.

I think the owners see the Indiana deal as the best deal. If that falls through, I would expect them to look for expiring contracts.

• Premium Member

I'm sure that we prefer to take back no salary... however, when a team is trying to ride us hard with no kiss or vaseline then it's time to forget about these weak preference and go to the next best thing:

1. A team with Cap room who can give us a little salary back and take on the bulk of Al's salary. That'd be Charlotte and I would do an Al for Knight trade or an Al for Ely/May trade or whatever floats their fancy.

2. A team who can give us a gang of ending contracts. and would take on some of our excess.

3. A team who just has a player available that we just would like to have. That'd be Seattle or LAL. It's imminent that Rashard Lewis is leaving. Does Seattle wait til the offseason or do they trade him now and build continuity.

4. A three or four way deal involving team #1

BK should be talking to Micheal Jordan and company to see WHat they want! Hopefully, they don't try to bend us over too.

Quote:

A team with Cap room who can give us a little salary back and take on the bulk of Al's salary.
That'd be Charlotte and I would do an Al for Knight trade or an Al for Ely/May trade or whatever floats their fancy.

that would be pretty funny. bk trades SAR to the hawks for brevin knight, lo wright (and gasol), then later becomes hawks gm and reaquires knight and wright. i'd love to have ely and may here, though. i've never heard the bobcats mentioned, but it could help them reach the payroll minimum this year, which they need. i wouldn't think al would want to go there, though, unless it was the only possibility left for him to get paid.