• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Breakfast w/Bernie

DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would love Bynum, Cook and Mckie for Al!!! That is better than a pick in 2008.

I hope that BK is trying to consumate a deal like this.

I doubt Bynum is available. I think something like Mihm, Cook, Vujacic, 1st is more what the Lakers are offering.

That's $6.7M in salary, meaning Al could make up to $7.3 starting once you subtract Edwards.

If the Hawks don't force the Lakers to take Edwards, Al could potentially make more in L.A. than in Indiana. That is, if L.A. is willing to offer that much.

Can someone think up a scenario that works with the salary caps and the teams end up with the following players:

Atl gets Bynum+Pietrus+Murphy

LA gets Al+Chilz

GS gets LA Pick +McKie + Cook + something (&happy with salary dumping).

That way we have a real SG backing up JJ.

LA needs to get rid of more salary. They could use Lue too.

Please refine this idea. I think this trade makes us dangerous both in the short and long term.

• Moderators

Just figured I would throw in that Bernie said Isiah was unwilling to trade Channing Frye in a deal for Al and that all NY was offering was overpaid, underproducing players but that they were in the ballgame in terms of discussions. (He couldn't name Frye under NBA rules but described what the Hawks wanted, the radio guys mentioned Frye and Bernie said he couldn't talk about specific players but confirmed that they weren't being offered someone like Frye).

Getting Murphy would require Belkin's permission though.

Quote:

Can someone think up a scenario that works with the salary caps and the teams end up with the following players:

Atl gets Bynum+Pietrus+Murphy

LA gets Al+Chilz

GS gets LA Pick +McKie + Cook + something (&happy with salary dumping).

That way we have a real SG backing up JJ.

LA needs to get rid of more salary. They could use Lue too.

Please refine this idea. I think this trade makes us dangerous both in the short and long term.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I know, but getting Binum+Pietrus would make it worth the try.

Not really, because both would be free agents before Murphy. The latter's contract would prevent the Hawks from re-signing several of their young players.

this has been some of the best news i've heard, and it isn't even anything specific. i was worried bk was getting spanked by donnie walsh since the pacers were the only team willing to give him (some of) what he wanted, i.e. picks, $, no salaries. i'm glad they're saying screw you and seriously looking elsewhere, even if it's just a ploy to the pacers to get them to up the ante to what they want. at least bk seems to be playing ball again!

Quote:

....even if it's just a ploy to the pacers to get them to up the ante to what they want. at least bk seems to be playing ball again!

That's what I'm afraid of BD...it will be a real bummer if the Pacers lay back and our owners are so salary averse that we cave to the Pacers after all.

If that happens we'll know for sure that BK can't spend to the cap.

Wasn't there talk earlier about the Lakers wanting Lue? Could it be an AL+Lue for Bynum, young guy, and old guy? Or is that too much salary.

Young Guys - Turiaf, Wafer, Vujacic, Walton, Cook, or Evans

Old Guys - McKie, Williams, Radmanovic

I'd like any of that over the Indy deal.

that deal would be better however we just got some depth at the PG position.

if we trade Lue away we may be turning something that is neutral in terms of strenght/weakness back into a weakness again.

we'll see what Billy can come up with.

It's time for the Billy nuthuggers to get something they can rally around.