• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do you think about breakfast with Bernie?

OGRat

When BK was the only one talking to the media, fans never knew what was going on and I think that worked in the Hawks favor. Other teams didn't know what cards we were holding.

With Breakfast with Bernie, the fans now know a little bit more about where negotiations are, but this does not seem to be working in the Hawks' favor.

Anybody besides me would like to put a moratorium on B w/B during the free agency period, or at least give Bernie a muzzle where he would not talk about ongoing negotiations?

• Premium Member

I think all GMs/Presidents need to be able to use the media to get things done. I don't think that BWB is an evil, I just think that Bernie and company needs to recognize it as a tool and stop trying to be so fourtright. Just like on Big Brother... Everybody lies.

What the hey...BwB gives Hawks fans something to talk about...may as well keep it going to occasionally remind the casual fan that there is an nba franchise in the ATL.

Besides, Bernie isn't out there telling the truth all the time anyway. Remember when he said BK has the authority to spend to the cap to improve the team? I gave him the benefit of the doubt on that one for awhile - but it's obvious now that he was telling a whopper.

Quote:

Bernie also said the Hawks were looking to get someone who Hawks fans would consider good. Turns out is was Lo (Mr 6/5) Wright.

I saw that one coming a mile away. They said Edwards was a good young player we would have coming in.

What should owners say about acquisitions?

Quote:

What should owners say about acquisitions?

Better to say nothing than to say something dumb.

Just the other day he said the Indy deal was off and the Hawks were looking at " two young players we like and one veteran we don't, but could live with". That isn't a direct quote but it is close. I took him to mean Mihm/Cook/McKie.

I would take that deal in a hearbeat over the crap Indy deal. he just got our hopes up only to set us up for another disappointment. Better to just STFU.

• Admin

It's for casual/non-hardcore hawks fans. It's to let them know that we have owners and management that care and want the fans to take interest in the team. It's not designed to be a leak for inside information or to give us trade ideas that we haven't already thought of, as if that were possible.

Basically true, the talk about the trade has me pissed right now. Most fans would rather have two young players and a pick instead of just a pick.

Although, I can read between the lines on the Wright acquisition. He was the kind of player I expected from what he said.

Quote:

It's for casual/non-hardcore hawks fans. It's to let them know that we have owners and management that care and want the fans to take interest in the team. It's not designed to be a leak for inside information or to give us trade ideas that we haven't already thought of, as if that were possible.

I agree 100%. That's why I never listen to it nor do I take it too seriously. Just like I don't listen to 790 for Hawks info. They're always a week behind and misinformed. Sadly, there is no good hawk talk on the radio, period.

Quote:

Just the other day he said the Indy deal was off and the Hawks were looking at " two young players we like and one veteran we don't, but could live with". That isn't a direct quote but it is close. I took him to mean Mihm/Cook/McKie.

yeah, i was pretty happy when i heard about that. it seemed that bk/the hawks were ready to play ball and not bend over for donnie walsh's demands. it would seem to me that maybe they were trying to use b-w/-b to "leak" some of this information out there to try to get the pacers to up their offer. if the pacer's deal goes through, then it just shows how they didn't bite, and the hawks have egg on their face because they said/acted like they were willing to take on players in exchange for al, when really they never had any intention to at all. now it seems if the hawks maybe getting less and less as time goes on. at least before you heard about the pacers taking back edwards, but there has been no mention of that recently. sad, sad, sad.