• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The saga comes to an end.....

BBallPrincess

Well for all those in speculation, yes it is a future 1st rounder, and yes, he is going to Indiana for less than what the Hawks had offered him to stay. (Every one knows this)

It seems that the Hawks are not getting anything in return but a future 1st rounder, that still does not guarantee the Greg Oden that most teams are trying to position themselves for.

I would have thought the Hawks would have signed Harrington for 40 million, kept him and dealt him off by the mid season trade deadline, which would have put the Hawks in position to help themselves tremendously. How? Really any team in the hunt for a playoff spot that needs that additional piece mid way through the season would be willing to come off a lil bit more than what they were willing to offer during the off-season.

So now since it is a done deal, with the announcement coming soon, what does this mean for the Hawks? What could BK be thinking right now as we sit in awe, at what we ended up with in return for a guy like Al Harrington?

A guy like Harrington, who not only wanted to be apart of the franchise, but is humble enough to take less in order to be where he wants to be since he was not wanted in Hawksville. Will this deal benefit Al more than the 6 year 57 mil deal he was originally offered? He is able to re-enter the FA market after his third year. Does he have it in him to "bring it" for 3 years to show that he worthy of a lucrative long term max deal?

As Harrington prepares to leave out to Indiana tomorrow, what are your thoughts?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you confirming that it's an unprotected 2007 1st rounder?

If so, I feel ok about this. The 3 mil and getting Edwards has virtually zero impact on us as a team, that was just BK trying to haggle. Although Edwards can't exactly feel good about it. I would have much preferred a vet or even a young player, but this is better than a bad contract if true.

Like I've said before, I think many people will flame this now, but a year from now when draft time come, we will feel much, MUCH better having a #20 pick or so than we would having no pick at all.

If it's a pick that comes in 2008 or later, it's an unexcusably bad deal.

Quote:

he is going to Indiana for less than what the Hawks had offered him to stay. (Every one knows this)

Everyone except Diesel. I refer back to what Al said during the season;

Quote:

"(Winning is) very important to me," Harrington toldthe Post. "I promise it is. I took winning for granted. It would take a lot for (Atlanta) to sign me back. Obviously, money is No. 1. No. 2, we just have to find a way to get some other players, some good veteran guys in here because I've got to start winning again. "It's the worst, losing all the time. Can't sleep. Can't eat. Your body feels terrible all the time. Winning is very important to me, which is the reason I'm going to go to free agency and just weigh my options."

Reading between the lines it is clear he was willing to take less to be on a winning team.

Diesel made such a big stink about how important a 6 yr deal would be compared to a 5 yr deal. Turns out he will get a 4 yr deal lol.

• Premium Member

It means Al gets to try the new CBA and he'll try to cash in again.

I have not heard what year the first rounder is or what protection its going to have. The last I had heard on Saturday was that it was a 2008 first rounder, not a 2007 first rounder but that may have changed. Or may not. We'll see.

Very disgusted at the ownership situation that has seen us get taken advantage of from all this.

Quote:

Quote:

Turns out he will get a 4 yr deal lol.

Three year deal with option of fourth

What a debacle...now we have players taking less money to leave us. Our reputation around the league has to be shot.

The Hawks organization is like the rundown brothel on the wrong side of the tracks...the last stop for aging HOs or FAs.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Did you guys notice that the BBP post has said nothing more than what we already knew. We still don't know if its 2007 or 2008.

Well, she said that deal is done, so we will see.

As an outsider, I feel sorry for you Hawk fans. The owners have got a mess like I have never seen before, and you people who love your Hawks have to suffer because of them. And as I have posted several times on our own board I really did not want Al, don't really think he will help us much. He will be at best # 2 on our team and maybe even 3 or 4th and don't think he will like that. Hope I am wrong. But that makes to many me's first, and spells more trouble. But will shut up and move back up here I wish you all luck and hope you can get that mess cleared up. I also remember when you had a very good team mad.gif

Quote:

I would have thought the Hawks would have signed Harrington for 40 million, kept him and dealt him off by the mid season trade deadline, which would have put the Hawks in position to help themselves tremendously. How? Really any team in the hunt for a playoff spot that needs that additional piece mid way through the season would be willing to come off a lil bit more than what they were willing to offer during the off-season.

It doesn't work like that. BYC is a killer the first year on a re sign, I believe, I also think it hampers trade the first two years. Makes recently signed players almost untradealbe, unless its a sign and trade.

• Moderators

Quote:

A guy like Harrington, who not only wanted to be apart of the franchise, but is humble enough to take less in order to be where he wants to be since he was not wanted in Hawksville

I really like Al and I'm sorry to see him go. I understand you like him a lot too but this quote is a little strange. When the Hawks made an offer to Al you acted like it was an insult but in reality it was more than what he is getting. So I don't understand why he was 'not wanted' when we offered him more than where he is going. I don't blame him for leaving but it sounds like our offer was more than fair based on what he ultimately took.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Did you guys notice that the BBP post has said nothing more than what we already knew. We still don't know if its 2007 or 2008.

Well, she said that deal is done, so we will see.

She could claim there was a small snag that stopped it.

Getting back to the AL deal, sure it's only business, but realistically AL has to feel like he's been screwed. The blame falls on the Hawks management/ownership.

Once the deal is done I would keep an eye on the Indy pages, AL may just have a few choice words for the Hawks org. Granted he's a great guy - but even great guys can only stomach so much of this kind of stuff...and nobody likes to lose money.

Quote:

It means Al gets to try the new CBA and he'll try to cash in again.

I have not heard what year the first rounder is or what protection its going to have. The last I had heard on Saturday was that it was a 2008 first rounder, not a 2007 first rounder but that may have changed. Or may not. We'll see.

Very disgusted at the ownership situation that has seen us get taken advantage of from all this.

Duh, that is a question that I did not ask. I heard the word "future" 1st rounder, but did not key into the details. So don't quote me on it.

Quote:

Duh, that is a question that I did not ask. I heard the word "future" 1st rounder, but did not key into the details. So don't quote me on it.

I didn't even think to clrarify that. How lame was that?....But i would assume logically a future 1st rounder would mean in the future, not meaning 2007. Because they would have said a 2007 1st rounder. Right? Hell, I don't know my mistake.... confused.gif