• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Top 5 favorite Led Zeppelin Songs

Plainview1981

Four of my top 5 come from LZ4.. Their best album by far IMO. And Not just because of Stairway. Heck, I'm not even the biggest fan of that song.

1.When The Leeve Breaks-The Drumming is great on this song. It appears the rappers love it also.

2.Misty Mountain Hop-Ok, maybe it's not the band at it's best lyric wise or anything. But I just like it. It doesn't get much more 70's than this song.

3-Black Dog-Love it in much the same way I do Misty Mountain Hop

4-Rock n Roll-No need to explain

5.Heartbreaker-Great straight head LZ song.

What are your top 5?

I actually really like LZ 1 and In through the outdoor.

Wow, my top five songs:

5 Immigrant Song

4 What is and never should be

3 Dazed and confused

2 In the evening

1 Kashmir (esp. the revamped version from the mtv session)

Good topic

Awesome topic!

1. Kashmir-this song is from another world and Zep was gracious enough to bring it to ours. smile.gif

2. Babe I'm gonna leave you-the switch over from acoustic to electric together with Bonzo banging away on the sticks...unbelivable groove.

3. When the Levee Breaks-Raw power

4. Immigrant song-Vikings, piliging, Thor,...it's got it all.

5. (tie) Battle of Evermore-Heart covers this awesome song and maybe even surpases Zep's. And Thank You (from BBC sessions) magical, beautiful; a love song without the fake crap.

In the words of Otto the bus driver: "Zeppeilin RULEZ!"

Quote:

Never got into them much. I always looked at them as the begining of that sorry aysss 80's glam rock. Black Sabbath was the real band from that era imo.

Black Sabbath doesn't cut it for me. I find Black Sabbath dull and uninteresting. But We all have different tastes. Honestly, Zeppelin isn't one of my favorite bands either.

I think people hate on glam so much because it's the thing to do these days. Granted, I don't like Poison or bands of that nature. But I'm a huge VH fan. But I don't like Poison, Cinderella, Warrant and other such bands.

Truthfully, the only member of VH that was a hair guy really was Dave. I mean, sure the rest went along with it for a while, but these guys personalities don't reflect those that totally bought into the image.

Music doesn't always have to be deep to be enjoyable. Atleast in my opinion. I think people have lost the ability to find fun in music.

I personaliy find bands like The Who, Jethro Tull and bands of that nature to be rather boring.

When I want to listen to music that is substance first, I tend to listen to Soul, R&B or the blues. Rock music is for having fun.

Does anybody consistently listen to LZ as opposed to going through a LZ phase?

They were my favorite band and I listened to them a great deal for about two years. Now I don't have any of their music, but enjoy hearing a song or two on the radio.

I think LZ II and Houses of the Holy were my favorite albums.

• Moderators

I listen to them consistently because I get tired of their sound after about 4 songs in a row (although I occassionally listen to an entire album). They have just never been a band I can repeatedly play.

My top 5 in alphabetical order:

Dancing Days

Immigrant Song

Kashmir

Ramble On

The Battle of Evermore