• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Forgotten

wasBlackHawkDown

Salim stoudamire, was dynamic last year he put up 10PPG in 13Minutes Per Game. Mind you he was a rookie. What if he was given an opportunity to shine. He will have to learn to pretend that he know anything about playing point but He an JT both faked it at Arizona why cant he fake it here. THe only problem is that we have 9 platers that play SG, SF, PF but no PG or C dont get it twisted Zaza is nothing but a SG with limited range.

BUt anyway I think Salim is another JT waiting to Happen,

oh and by the way Chillz has the same skill set as Boris Diaw only better.

He's not forgotten this is the same lousy teammate who cried and sulked when he didnt get the ball last year. He never passes the ball hes a chucker who would rather shoot the ball then pass its all about Salim to him. There's a reason this guy got suspended for 2 games because hes not a team player and is a me 1st player. He still thinks hes at Arizona where he could do wat he wanted and was the go to guy. He was a 2nd round pick he needs to understand that just play your role and shut up.

Woody has directly said that he told salim to basically do nothing but shoot, and everytime he came into the game they would always run the first 3 plays to get him a shot. It's not exactly his fault for doing what the coach asked. Salim will be a great bench scorer, but will never be a PG.

• Moderators

I agree 100% about Chillz. He is good all around and every team needs a guy like him. I'm glad we have him.

Salim won't be JT because his ball handling is not that great.

JT had some turnovers but he could run the point in the nba straight out of college. I don't think you can say that about Salim. Even so I think Salim can be a really good player but I don't see him logging 35 minutes a game at the point any time soon. What I hope to see from him this year is him being a clutch shooter the way JT has shown himself to be.

I don't think ZaZa walks on water or anything but he was a league leader in offensive rebounds. Not many shooting guards can make that claim.

IT is funny because we pretty much said the same thing about JT a couple of years ago...that he'd never be a PG. And now we'd kill people to have him on the squad. And I know this..Salim can shoot better in his sleep than JT can, and they pretty much had equal PG skills at the same point in their careers. JT is quicker going up the court but I think that Salim has a quicker first step in the halfcourt game.

• Moderators

I hope you're right, but I just haven't seen it yet. I don't see how you can say they had equal PG skills. Salim I thought was very ineffective as the point last year and turned the ball over a lot for the amount of time he had the ball. JT was a capable PG his first year.

• Moderators

I think JB and BHD may have overstated the similarity between Salim and JT in terms of ballhandling/PG skills but I do agree with both of them that I remain very excited about his shooting and scoring ability.

He didn't shoot a great % last year but he is clearly a very talented shooter, IMO. The percentages don't tell the full story about his impact as a shooter for me.

(I don't see the SG/Zaza parallel but don't think it is worth diverting the thread from discussing Salim).

I think people forget JT could barely walk his rookie year and really didnt start to shine until mid way through his 2nd season, he couldn't play point and every one was on the old AA board biatching and complaining about how we wasted a pick. Salim was solid his rookie season which tells me he could blossom into even more than JT.

JT still doesnt play point but think about it if him and Joe Johnson played hybrid-PG together we would have a really dynamic backcourt threat.

Quote:

Salim was solid his rookie season which tells me he could blossom into even more than JT.

I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I wanted to be a big fan of Salim, and thought he could be a team captain type player. A player that is the soul of his team. He still has that personality, but frankly he started playing badly halfway through the season. His shot was astoundingly inconsistent for being a "pure" shooter. Not to mention the mental errors, which would have been forgivable if he was making his shots.

I hope he turns it on this year and becomes a force, but I'm not at all sold on the idea that he is a PG. JT actually played PG at Arizona where Salim did not, what does that tell you? Besides why do we have to compare JT with Salim just because they both played for Arizona and Atlanta?

Quote:

Woody has directly said that he told salim to basically do nothing but shoot, and everytime he came into the game they would always run the first 3 plays to get him a shot. It's not exactly his fault for doing what the coach asked. Salim will be a great bench scorer, but will never be a PG.

That's why we're losers. Coaching like that. I would kill for Lon Kruger replace him. I'm kidding. But seriously, the guy has no idea how to manage a game. We lost quite a few last year because of poor coaching. And I'm not talking about preparation. He obviously sucks at that too. I'm talking about coming out of a timeout and turning it over, letting Al kill us, etc.

Quote:

That's why we're losers. Coaching like that. I would kill for Lon Kruger replace him. I'm kidding. But seriously, the guy has no idea how to manage a game. We lost quite a few last year because of poor coaching. And I'm not talking about preparation. He obviously sucks at that too. I'm talking about coming out of a timeout and turning it over, letting Al kill us, etc.

Out of all the "prospects" we've had recently under BK, Woody seems the first "bust". Diaw? Not a bust, just needed a coach who knew how to utilize him and he explodes. Childress? Needs PT, can't tell relative to Deng and Iggy, not as good but close. JS? Definately not. MW's too soon to tell but #2 pick and Paul alot to live up to. SW? Might be a bust before Woodson, just a horrible pick.

Still, I just don't see a good much less great coach in Woody. He seems like BK's pet coach, similar to Sidney Lowe. With ownership troubles and an egomaniac at GM we'd be lucky to get a (established) coach capable of winning us some games.

W