• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Barkley is saying hawks his hawks will make the

smithrules

Barkley is a "fair weather friend". As long as we are doing okay he will have good things to say but last year when we were playing bad he trashed us. I remember him saying "The Hawks would make anyone(player)look like Micheal Jordan.

Of course he trahed us. We played like trash a lot. Barkley doesn't lie to himself. He's great. I love his candor. I've been saying all along that with Al gone the dynamic changes and we immediately improve. One guy can hold a team back so much. Honestly, I feel like if we had one more veteran role player we would be very good, sans the coaching.

I think it could be at PF, C, or PG. I mean a real player. None of this Speedy stuff. I think Billy really messed up with Claxton.

I'm just speaking as a fan, not thinking about contracts and all that. We need an upgrade over Wright as a big man.

You know, I can't believe I'm saying this, but we need a big point guard to complement T-lue. I seriously would rather have Bozeman backing up Lue than Lue backing up Speedy. At least if T-lue keeps playing out of his mind.

If Speedy continues to play badly I hope Woody doesn't play him out of obligation to BK.

Quote:

you are WAYYYYYY overreacting to speedy's first few games when he is

a) not in game shape

b) his knees are injured

and he's still providing on defense

speedy is gonna amaze u in a month or so

Exatcly, and we all saw how Lue played when he was starting.

Lue is better offensive player, but not defensively and we need defense.

If Speedy can't play against Raptors than i would start Bozeman and have Lue come off bench.

Did anybody watch NFL ESPN game between Bears and Cardinals??

Barkley was guest just for the first half and at first half the score was 21-0 for Cardinals.

Barkley said that Bears are going to comeback and win the game. Those guys that were with him Tony Kornheiser(the PTI guy) said that he would give up his job to Barkley if the Bears win.

Barkley left at the 1st half and Bears came back and won the game.

Maybe he knows what he is talking about who knows?

Damn he did? YOu know for some odd reason I wanted to watch that pre-game/post-game show to see if they said anything about the Hawks because I thought it would be cool for them to mention us seeing that I can't remember the last time we were mentioned on that show even though the headquarters is in Atlanta.

Barkley's the man. What did he say exactly?

Quote:

Barkley is a "fair weather friend". As long as we are doing okay he will have good things to say but last year when we were playing bad he trashed us. I remember him saying "The Hawks would make anyone(player)look like Micheal Jordan.

he said the Hawks would make the playoffs before the season started. Saw him on NBATV preview talking about it.

I will remember this. I think you are waaaaay out of touch with what a guy around 30 can do with bad knees. He'll never be in game shape. See Ed Hartwell. He has no skills. He is not bringing it defensively. Orlando was a joke. It looked like they were handing it off coming up. He will be what holds us back now. 25 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For what? He's a homeless man's Jacque Vaughn. He is no good without a post presence. What can he do? He's not a very good or creative passer. Mediocre dribbler, for any position. Can be posted. Do I even need to mention his shooting? If his name were Bill Claxton or Dave Claxton he would not be in the league. There's a lot of dynamic in a name.

you're acting like he's a guy with a history of bad knees like Harrington. This is a guy whose knees are a little sore from not having been able to go through training camp having to go straight to game speed.

Speedy will be a very good addition. He's a little overpaid, but we knew that when we signed him.

He is a good dribbler too. You can choose to base your opinion off his career, or off of 4 games coming off injury. I choose the former.

He is a good dribbler, very quick, a good defender. His shot has never been that great, but he is good enough in other areas to make up for it. His shot is also nowhere near as bad as it's looked.

Yet another overreaction when a guy gets off to a slow start.

What can he do? He can play D whereas Lue does not, and he can push the tempo whereas Lue will not, and can usually penetrate at will. They both dribble well.

The guy broke a finger and because of it was not able to get into game shape. Give him a break.