• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Barkley is saying hawks his hawks will make the

smithrules

How? When he leads us to a winning record and a playoff spot? You can shove it in my face all you want if that happens. If not? We are at a pivotal point in the direction of the franchise. Giving away 25 million for Speedy could kill us. It's been 7 years! If we don't make a playoff push how can you justify his signing? We're on the same page I think. I like where we're headed, but I don't think Speedy can go with us.

• Premium Member

Now guys you can't question BK for signing a guy who has an injury record longer than Diesel's post history. We all know Atlanta has the magical healing elixir that we give out to our players. tongue.gif

I hope Speedy can get better soon and start staying healthy but I don't know if he can do it. Some guys for whatever reason are just injury plagued (remember Crawdaddy?) and there's nothing that can prevent it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Giving away 25 million for Speedy could kill us. It's been 7 years!

How? He's making a league average contract. He's a league average player.

Plus, his contract declines each year, making it less of a burden in two/three years when the Hawks are paying the young players higher contracts.

Talk about blowing things out of proportion. Even if he doesn't work out, it's a VERY tradeable contract for a VERY useful role player.

Quote:

i know barkley has said that he'd like to coach an nba team. sometimes i wonder if he's put some of what he says out there to help grease the skids for an opportunity he sees as being available soon.

Barkley coaching the Hawks would be a serious hoot...I would never miss a radio interview. All those politically correct and well thought out answers to questions/criticism would be out the window. No way could management keep him under control...he would say whatever he wanted to...it would be great smile.gif

(and therefore won't likely happen I guess).

• Premium Member

Quote:

Barkley is a "fair weather friend". As long as we are doing okay he will have good things to say but last year when we were playing bad he trashed us. I remember him saying "The Hawks would make anyone(player)look like Micheal Jordan.

You're 110% right. Man he trashed McGrady last night too.

Quote:

Quote:

Barkley is a "fair weather friend". As long as we are doing okay he will have good things to say but last year when we were playing bad he trashed us. I remember him saying "The Hawks would make anyone(player)look like Micheal Jordan.

You're 110% right. Man he trashed McGrady last night too.

But he was right, last year Gerald Wallace droped 40 on us, Damien Wilkins had a career high with 27 and many many more mediocre players had career games against us.

This year is a different story and he is letting everybody know.

you underestimate his knowledge. He OFTEN says outlandish things, which (I agree) are often for 'shock' value...but there are times when he 'buckles down' and makes some VERY astute analysis and points ~ those who refuse to watch him, or too quickly catagorize him, miss these points...but in all honesty, when he performs in the latter mode, his opinion is one of the most accurate opinions that you'll find...

how I miss david aldridge...

Quote:

Barkley is a shock jock and will only say what he can to get a reaction. That's the only way he can support his gambling habit. But I'll still take the good pub.

I don't think he's doing it for shock value. I think he just knows his stuff.

He picked us in the pre-season. THat's right, he picked us BEFORE our hot start to this season.

As far as him criticizing us last year, the truth hurts. We made everyone look like a star thanks to our terrible defense.

This year we have addressed our interior D problem and have an above average defense all of a sudden.