• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is anyone else tired of Joe taking the last shot?

DavidSomerset

I know he is normally a clutch player, but it just has not been happening this year.

Not to mention (didn't happen this time), but normally, the other team just double teams him KNOWING he's going to be the one to take the last shot, and he never gets a good shot off.

How about taking the double team and PASSING IT to someone who is open.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

i agree, salim was open in the corner. and salim has been playing better. they just don't seem to have faith in him. I was down on him early but he has really played solid since getting a lot of playing time.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! this game killed me. the wizards basically gave us this game.

Until Smith and ZaZa play within themselves we are in trouble. Smith can't dribble or shoot and Za Za needs to cut out the dribbling and the quadruple post moves.

I think Smith is actually a bench player in this league. and Marvin will end up starting with Shelden...Smith just has not improved his dribbling or mid range game enough not to be a liability.

Heck No I'm not tired of it!

Why allow a scrub like Smoove, Zaza, or Salim to take it?

The only guys besides JJ I would even consider are Lue and Shelden.

Sad though, Woody didnt even give Shelden a chance...Sitting him out that entire 4th is inexcusable!

Quote:

The only guys besides JJ I would even consider are Lue and Shelden.

Sad though, Woody didnt even give Shelden a chance...Sitting him out that entire 4th is inexcusable!

YES THANK YOU. Shelden should have gotten so many more minutes. He played solid on offense and defense. His block on Arenas was sweet and it turned into points for us.

Quote:

..YES THANK YOU. Shelden should have gotten so many more minutes. He played solid on offense and defense. His block on Arenas was sweet and it turned into points for us.

I almost wonder sometimes if Woody isn't "throwing" games. I realize that he would be crazy to do so...but his decision making seems so flawed. Williams came out of the box tonight on fire - like three dunks and a block or two and otherwise good D. Woody seemed to be saving him because he picks up fouls when none of our other bigs help out on defense (except Lo tonight a couple times) - then he doesn't even phucking play him in the 4th quarter. What???

I'm concerned about Woody. confused.gif

• Premium Member

Salim took the shot before the last shot...

I wanted either JJ or Lue to take the last shot last night.

If JJ is going to be our franchise player... then Like Kobe and like Tmac, we have to let him take that shot...

Even though he missed, I was happy he took it.

• Admin

you mean like Salim, who'd just put up a brick from the corner?

The glass is always half full around here. JJ is the reason we've had 1pt losses and not 7pt losses. If he didn't take the last shot, some of you would be bitching, saying "we paid how much for this guy? He should be taking the last shot".

• Moderators

Quote:

Exactly. That was a very makeable shot for JJ but they don't all go. It sux but I can live with it. We made a lot of mistakes that cost us the came. That shot wasn't one of them.

I still can't believe Butler scores 15 points on FTs.

Agreed. JJ doesn't have to take all of them and we should try some decoy plays on occassion but he is the man and the ball needs to be in his hands more than anyone else's.