• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

We have a serious problem with the end of our bench...doesn't matter if all our good guys are healthy - but if we need these guys they are basically useless. That's a mangement failing.

Could you explain this statement!!! If everyone is healthy, you wouldn't see Freije, Bozeman, Stoudamire or any other scrubs on the bench!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I didn't say benched in favor of Freijie. I said benched period.

In favor of Who??? That make a difference you know!!!

Would you argue like this if his replacement was Labron??

No I'm not arguing at all. But if we're going to bench the guy, Marv or Chill need to be healthy first. Heck, how in the world did we even get on this subject? The reason we lost this game was a combination of injuries/questionable coaching anyway. confused.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

No I'm not arguing at all. But if we're going to bench the guy, Marv or Chill need to be healthy first.

I'll let this go but no one one the board has suggested benching Smith in favor of anybody but Marvin Williams. If I am wrong prove it.

Quote:

Heck, how in the world did we even get on this subject? The reason we lost this game was a combination of injuries/questionable coaching anyway.
confused.gif

What would you have done as coach?

Quote:

That is the whole point. HE NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME. DUH!

Ex i'm not arguing against that point whatsoever grin.gif

However, if Jones would have been put in the game instead it is quite likely that we'd be inserting his name into that Frieje ______ blank.

somewhere, somehow Woody would have been force to play an NBDL quality player tonight in the 4th.

Nonsense. When has anyone criticized Solomon's play? he has been bringing it. And he doesn't force up bad shots like Freije.

he had 5 blocks in 25 minutes one game.

Freije has played like crap every time he has been in the game. He was shooting 35% from the field before tonight and the only time he gets a rebound is when it hits him in the face. And don't get me started about his defense.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

No I'm not arguing at all. But if we're going to bench the guy, Marv or Chill need to be healthy first.

I'll let this go but no one one the board has suggested benching Smith in favor of anybody but Marvin Williams. If I am wrong prove it.

Quote:

Heck, how in the world did we even get on this subject? The reason we lost this game was a combination of injuries/questionable coaching anyway.
confused.gif

What would you have done as coach?

As far as your first statement is concerned I read what I read. As far as your second statement, if Freijie wasn't going to make shots AND play bad defense we should have at least put in Bozeman to at least improve the latter. I guess what I would have done does not matter as I don't have half of the knowledge/experience of an NBA coach. But the fact that I could come up with that solution while laying on my couch speaks volumes about the quality of coaching we have on this team right now. grin.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

As far as your second statement, if Freijie wasn't going to make shots AND play bad defense we should have at least put in Bozeman to at least improve the latter. :

A lot of other guys are suggesting this too so it not far fetched but my answer is hind sight is 20/20. He has tried Bozeman down the stretch and failed. But atleast Freije answered that burning question for the future. Answer: Play anybody but Freije!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Nonsense. When has anyone criticized Solomon's play? he has been bringing it. And he doesn't force up bad shots like Freije.

Gotta go with ex's logic here Teke.

if you feel that way then so be it.

i see it as a choice between french kissing your sister or your cousin. neither is a desireable option, i hope that isn't getting lost in the translation.

This was only the second game I got to this year and what a waste of money. It was a sellout and an opportunity to build up excitement for the team. The only Hawks that were impressive were Lue, JJ, and Zaza. JJ looked tired and frustrated. Only Lue and Salim played with energy and enthusiasm. Salim was on and off, but better than I expected. At he least he played like he cared. Smoove was just okay till he got injured.

Freije was completely useless. Why was he even on the floor? Lo didn't help much. Shelden was useless (but better than Freije). Solomon didn't get much of a chance. Speedy was not impressive. Late in the game it was like we were playing four on five. We had JJ, Lue, Salim, Zaza, and Freije on the floor. I looked at the bench and realized that there was NO-ONE there who could score. Shelden, Speedy, Lo, Freije, and Solomon combined only had 9 points. Agreed Shelden is not there for scoring but he should be able to score something. Freije is supposed to be a shooter and went 0-6. I want Esteban back. How could he not be better than what we saw tonight? Until tonight I thought we had depth but now ...

We got outrebounded, outshot, outhustled, and got NO breaks from the refs. These are professionals? If they were doctors, the patient died and they got sued for malpractice.

Maybe I'm whining but I hate spending $150 to watch a bunch of guys who act like they don't care. It was like watching a fighter take a dive. Yuk !