• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Take on Lakers Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. The Many me backcourt should not be played ever again. Mo took advantage of which ever small guard was on him!

2. JJ is a star but he got to get more assists.

3. I give this loss to Woody. Bad lineups all night. Why didn't Jones get in until Garbage time... when Luke Walton was just having his way with our guys.

Also... Offensively, we look like we don't have a game plan.

4. I give a game ball to Smoove... not for all those threes he attempted... But because of the way he barked at Marvin saying "ZONE!!!! We're playing ZONE!!!! Get back into your ZONE!!!"

I can see some good in Speedy if he is ever not injured...

After listening to the Lakers talk about Speedy's injury history... I had a bad feeling in my stomach.

Actually, the Lakers announcers were very complimentary of the Hawks. They seemed very knowledgable of our teams and the moves we have made over the last few years...

Even they wonder, why did you pick up Marvin when you had a team full of Sfs and you needed a PG...with Paul and Deron on the board. I think that question will plague this franchise until Marvin does something significant.

• Premium Member

Can somebody teach Zaza to play some defense??

Too many times, Zaza didn't step out and he just let guys go pass him.. however, whatever he was he was better than Lo...

BTW.

Didn't I tell you guys that Jordan Farmar would be the truth? That's who we should target... Would the lakers trade Farmer for Salim?

The Lakers would most certainly not trade Farmar for Salim. Ever. Salim is a one dimensional shooter and Farmar is a well rounded PG with a lot of upside. You are looking at Salim's upside.

Also, BK doesn't like good PG's. He has a disdain for good PG's in general. And he won't trade one of our forwards for a good one because he collects forwards as his profession. He is not a GM so much as a professional forward collector.

The Hawks need a PG and they need one now.

DJ . . I agree with that. And further, he'd made life for Marucie Evans more difficult as well. Chill's versatility would've came in very handy last night.

I have to disagree with Diesel when he says to put this loss on Woody. This was just a bad matchup all around for the Hawks.

- Shelden couldn't guard Luke

- Lue, Salim, or Speedy couldn't guard Maurice when they happened to get matched up against him

- ZaZa couldn't guard Kwame

No amount of coaching can do anything to change what happened last night. The Hawks would've either had to shoot a high percentage from the field, or, try to get some of their key people in foul trouble.

The most impressive thing was how Odom played. He was perfectly willing to let Luke and Maurice exploit their mismatches, instead of trying to get his own numbers. If Odom would've constantly tried to take Smoove off the dribble, that may have led to a less efficient Laker offense.

Big Chief Triangle coached a wonderful game last night. You have to give him props, instead of taking the easy way out, and placing the blame on Woody.

Quote:

2. JJ is a star but he got to get more assists.

Also... Offensively, we look like we don't have a game plan.

I have been saying this all year, we HAVE no offensive gameplan. It's why Smoove has been so inconsistant all year, because he is pretty much relied on to make open shots or create, which he isn't great at yet. In the past we have had a least two guys that can be relied on for creating scoring.. Al, JJ, and Toine. Now we only have one, which is why Lue has become so valuble to us.

Woody just has no offense, the only FORM of an offense I see is when our two big men come to the high post for an entry pass and we try a backdoor cut. That is IT. Other than that it's throw it around until we get an open shot, which is why we are a jumpshooting team.

I think JJ's assists go back to the offense also. If people aren't making open shots he won't get assists. It's not his fault everyone just stands around, and our coach does nothing about it.

Quote:

I have to disagree with Diesel when he says to put this loss on Woody. This was just a bad matchup all around for the Hawks.

- Shelden couldn't guard Luke

- Lue, Salim, or Speedy couldn't guard Maurice when they happened to get matched up against him

- ZaZa couldn't guard Kwame

If we can't guard those players, then we are in for a LONG season. We were without Chill, they were w/o Kobe! Lamar was held to 6 points! There is no way we should have lost this game.

Coaching definately had something to do with it, on both teams. Rotations were a big deal, and Solomon should have been given a chance earlier, he could have swatted some of Luke or Kwame's shots.

• Premium Member

My thought is that Jones would have done a better job on Kwame than Zaza did. Zaza let Kwame get position and then let every guard run by him. I don't know if Zaza was overmatched or just didn't have it in him last night, but as coach, Woody should have tried something different. For a while, we looked OK. It's just when he put both Salim and Lue or Lue and Speedy on the floor... Those guards got overmatched....

With Marvin back, I thought we had saw the end of Minime...