Hawks Trade for Allen Iverson

bisonblu

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

We're not going to get that dominant defensive presence any time soon so why not just outscore our opponents?

OK, if on the cheap I'd be for it. Agree, within those conditions it never happens.

W

WOW

that is so [censored] HORRIBLE

you wanna give up TWO young prospects for aging iverson?

zaza is a top 20 center already and only will improve over the next few years

marvin has the potential to be a star

speedy helps us GREATLY with our defense when healthy

and u wanna trade all that for 2 years of iverson; maybe making 1st/2nd round and then be without any pg or centers and lose our forward depth?

no thanks

• Premium Member

Quote:

WOW

that is so [censored] HORRIBLE

you wanna give up TWO young prospects for aging iverson?

zaza is a top 20 center already and only will improve over the next few years

marvin has the potential to be a star

speedy helps us GREATLY with our defense when healthy

and u wanna trade all that for 2 years of iverson; maybe making 1st/2nd round and then be without any pg or centers and lose our forward depth?

no thanks

If you don't like that trade, how about switching out Pachulia for Lorenzen? As far as Marv goes I've heard a lot of talk but have seen very liitle so far. When your claim to fame is a 26 point effort during garbage time or averaging 23 points during summer league, that's not saying a lot. If that was really an indication of "superstar potential", Dion Glover, Salim Stoudamire, and Dorell Wright have just as much potential. He will be a good player but not a superstar, at least not without an attitude adjustment. Speedy IS good for the team when/if he plays that day. Unfortunately he hasn't played much, and when he does play, he's not there in the fourth when we really need him. Iverson would bring consistency to the PG slot. Whoever else we bring in that trade(Hunter maybe?) would also contribute right away. It just seems that there are too many positives to this trade to just disregard it as nonsense. Once again, this is all theoretical so don't get yourt panties in a bunch. grin.gif

Let's be honest about the whole thing. Sure I truly beleive that if Iverson came in, the franchise would be reenergized, the fanbase would go nuts, and we'd actually get press on ESPN that was unrelated to Chad Ford. We would also have a decent chance to make the playoffs and be exciting.

BUT if you think we allow point after point in the paint now (and we do badly), what do you think will happen when we're depending on LoWright mostly with help from a rookie? Might as well change our name to the Atlanta Matadors. Imagine going into a playoff series with that. Ok, so that makes this season a wash.

We would then HAVE to get a starting caliber center in THIS VERY NEXT OFFSEASON (Iverson isn't getting any younger). Who are those possibilities (not in the draft because we cannot wait for development)? The below are our possibilities (center free agents 2007):

Esteban Batista

Olowakandi

Voskuhl

Brezec

Ryan Collins(rest)

Martynas Andriuskevicius(rest)

Mike Sweetney(rest)

Scott Pollard

Diop

Jamal Sampson

Dale Davis

Mutombo

Paul Davis(lmtd salary protection)

Zeljko Rebreca(limited salary protection)

Chris Mihm

Jake Tsakalidis

Alexander Johnson (limited salary protection)

Earl Barron(rest)

Michael Doleac

Alonzo Mourning (limited salary protection)

Brian Skinner

Mikki Moore

Kelvin Cato

Darko Milicic(rest)

James Augustine (limited salary protection)

Pat Burke(rest)

Sean Marks

Kurt Thomas

Jamal McGloire

Potapenko

Fabricia Oberto (rest)

Andreas Glyniadakis(rest)

Danny Fortson

Pape Sow (rest)

James Lang

I think i got all the restricted FAs right.

You would basically have to JUMP on Milicic or McGloire as soon as free agency started and hope they don't resign with their clubs before free agency starts.

Our goal is eventually is to win the championship right? We need solid big men to do that.

Yes, I know what the next response is- You think ZaZa is a good enough center? Yes, I think at his age and his speed of development so far, he will be a very solid center. Maybe even Divac level one day.

I don't know, i'm tired of typing now.

Quote:

Let's be honest about the whole thing. Sure I truly beleive that if Iverson came in, the franchise would be reenergized, the fanbase would go nuts, and we'd actually get press on ESPN that was unrelated to Chad Ford. We would also have a decent chance to make the playoffs and be exciting.

BUT if you think we allow point after point in the paint now (and we do badly), what do you think will happen when we're depending on LoWright mostly with help from a rookie? Might as well change our name to the Atlanta Matadors. Imagine going into a playoff series with that. Ok, so that makes this season a wash.

We would then HAVE to get a starting caliber center in THIS VERY NEXT OFFSEASON (Iverson isn't getting any younger). Who are those possibilities (not in the draft because we cannot wait for development)? The below are our possibilities (center free agents 2007):

Esteban Batista

Olowakandi

Voskuhl

Brezec

Ryan Collins(rest)

Mike Sweetney(rest)

Scott Pollard

Diop

Jamal Sampson

Dale Davis

Mutombo

Chris Mihm

Jake Tsakalidis

Earl Barron(rest)

Michael Doleac

Brian Skinner

Mikki Moore

Kelvin Cato

Darko Milicic(rest)

Pat Burke(rest)

Sean Marks

Kurt Thomas

Jamal McGloire

Potapenko

Fabricia Oberto (rest)

Danny Fortson

Pape Sow (rest)

James Lang

You would basically have to JUMP on Milicic or McGloire as soon as free agency started and hope they don't resign with their clubs before free agency starts.

Our goal is eventually is to win the championship right? We need solid big men to do that.

Yes, I know what the next response is- You think ZaZa is a good enough center? Yes, I think at his age and his speed of development so far, he will be a very solid center. Maybe even Divac level one day.

LEt me get this right. You concern about trading Zaza is that we'd miss his defensive presence....LMAO!

Quote:

Quote:

Esteban Batista

Olowakandi

Voskuhl

Brezec

Ryan Collins(rest)

Mike Sweetney(rest)

Scott Pollard

Diop

Jamal Sampson

Dale Davis

Mutombo

Chris Mihm

Jake Tsakalidis

Earl Barron(rest)

Michael Doleac

Brian Skinner

Mikki Moore

Kelvin Cato

Darko Milicic(rest)

Pat Burke(rest)

Sean Marks

Kurt Thomas

Jamal McGloire

Potapenko

Fabricia Oberto (rest)

Danny Fortson

Pape Sow (rest)

James Lang

LEt me get this right. You concern about trading Zaza is that we'd miss his defensive presence....LMAO!

helluva logical reponse to my post johnny....zaza is a 22year old center who is progressing quickly and can be divac for us. i'm not saying he's a defensive machine.

i'm saying we would make this season a wash because the little defenseive presence we do have will be even worse without our STARTING CENTER (meaning Lo will be out there most of the time with a rookie backup and if you actually watch the games you'll see that youthful mistakes is one of the main reason we have paint defense issues) so we would HAVE to get a starting caliber center in the offseason. and there isnt any guarantee we can. and if we don't, again, we do nothing in the playoffs. we have compromised the youth (marvin), gotten to the first round of the playoffs for a couple years, and that's it. did i explain it better that time for you? should use a speak and spell next time so you can understand it?

• Premium Member

He's been in the league long enough to make that call. Prominent NBA vets have been doing this for years. It's no different than us trading Al to Indiana. He made the choice of where he wanted to go and we made the trade accordingly. If we can do that for Al who was with us for only a few years(and very limited success), can't the Sixers do the same for Iverson? confused.gif

Quote:

i'm saying we would make this season a wash because the little defenseive presence we do have will be even worse without our STARTING CENTER

If you watched the Denver game you would know this is incorrect. They didn'have Zaza or BLo on the floor during the 2nd biggest 4th quarter comeback in the NBA this season, on the road against a playoff team.

Quote:

He's been in the league long enough to make that call. Prominent NBA vets have been doing this for years. It's no different than us trading Al to Indiana. He made the choice of where he wanted to go and we made the trade accordingly. If we can do that for Al who was with us for only a few years(and very limited success), can't the Sixers do the same for Iverson?
confused.gif

seriously. you cannot condone this type of bad behavior. athletes are role models whether they like it or not. this poses as a horrible example to the inner city children who idolize Allen Iverson.

Allen's behavior says to me it's ok to not go to work because I do not like my boss.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

He's been in the league long enough to make that call. Prominent NBA vets have been doing this for years. It's no different than us trading Al to Indiana. He made the choice of where he wanted to go and we made the trade accordingly. If we can do that for Al who was with us for only a few years(and very limited success), can't the Sixers do the same for Iverson?
confused.gif

seriously. you cannot condone this type of bad behavior. athletes are role models whether they like it or not. this poses as a horrible example to the inner city children who idolize Allen Iverson.

Allen's behavior says to me it's ok to not go to work because I do not like my boss.

Which type of bad behavior? Letting a team know you aren't interested in them before they invest $40-60M in you over the next 2-3 years? That is a blessing to the Charlotte management team.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

confused.gif

Do you know how many people quit their jobs eveyday because they do not like their boss? Let me put this in layman's terms. He did not like Mo Cheeks as his boss(coach). He wants a transfer(trade). He wants a transfer(trade) to a place of his choosing just like any other employee would want(and have received in the past). Iverson is responsible for any success that Philly has had in recent years whether you like him personally or not. He is what he is, and I respect that. I'm tired of face-men and "image guys". As far as him being a role model, blame society's screwed up values for putting a guy who puts an orange ball through a hoop for a living on a pedestal without any consideration for the "man inside". Now what if Garnett wanted to be traded to a "title contender?" like people have been suggesting lately. Does that make him a bad person? What's wrong with a guy wanting to control his own future? We do it everyday confused.gif

I tried one of those deals myself and this one works.....

Atlanta Trades

Marvin Williams

Josh Childress

Tyrone Lue

Philadelphia Trades

Allen Iverson

That deal would not have to wait until Friday to go through.

AI/Speedy/Bozeman

JJ/Salim

Smoove/Frejie

Shelden/Solomon

Zaza/Lo/Batista

Lue/Ollie

AI/Korver/Green

Chillz/Carney

Webber/Marvin/Randolph

Dalembert/Hunter

Personally, I'd hate to give up on Marvin now, but it does look pretty decent for both teams........feel free to beat me up now for trading Marvin and Chillz.........

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

confused.gif

Do you know how many people quit their jobs eveyday because they do not like their boss? Let me put this in layman's terms. He did not like Mo Cheeks as his boss(coach). He wants a transfer(trade). He wants a transfer(trade) to a place of his choosing just like any other employee would want(and have received in the past). Iverson is responsible for any success that Philly has had in recent years whether you like him personally or not. He is what he is, and I respect that. I'm tired of face-men and "image guys". As far as him being a role model, blame society's screwed up values for putting a guy who puts an orange ball through a hoop for a living on a pedestal without any consideration for the "man inside". Now what if Garnett wanted to be traded to a "title contender?" like people have been suggesting lately. Does that make him a bad person? What's wrong with a guy wanting to control his own future? We do it everyday confused.gif

you should look into becoming a life coach. i think you would make a good one.

pro·fes·sion·al·ism / Pronunciation[pruh-fesh-uh-nl-iz-uhm]

–noun 1. professional character, spirit, or methods.

2. the standing, practice, or methods of a professional, as distinguished from an amateur.

Iverson's behavior is not only amateurish, it's bush league.

Quote:

I tried one of those deals myself and this one works.....

Atlanta Trades

Marvin Williams

Josh Childress

Tyrone Lue

Philadelphia Trades

Allen Iverson

That deal would not have to wait until Friday to go through.

AI/Speedy/Bozeman

JJ/Salim

Smoove/Frejie

Shelden/Solomon

Zaza/Lo/Batista

Lue/Ollie

AI/Korver/Green

Chillz/Carney

Webber/Marvin/Randolph

Dalembert/Hunter

Personally, I'd hate to give up on Marvin now, but it does look pretty decent for both teams........feel free to beat me up now for trading Marvin and Chillz.........

Bozeman, Salim, Frieje, Solomon and Batista is our bench.

That's the worst bench in the history of the Nba.