• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons vs Cowboys

DrReality

this is probably the most important game of the season.

we are in full control here.

EAGLES, GIANTS, and FALCONS are 7-6 and currently fighting over 2 wildcard spots.

Eagles vs Giants on Sunday. One will move up and other will move down.

We win, and we'll be in good position. We lose and our playoff chances go down the drain as well.

we win the next few games and we're in. simple as that.

but the COWBOYS are playin so well. should be a great game.

You gotta think that he's gone unless he takes them deep into the playoffs. Blank will not tolerate such disrespect from his coach. To a guy like him, Mora's comment was probably a blow to his ego.

When it's all said and done. . . . . . I think Mora would make a better college coach. Rah Rah Rah.

I actually think Mora is gone. He is too much of a distraction for the team. Last year he's loosing his cool on the sideline. Blows up at the media and there was some sort of run-in with Blank. Now there is this "bad joke" issue. Blank doesn't seem to be the type to keep going with someone that is not living up to Blank's expectations. I think Blank laid the ground work a couple of weeks ago when he was questioning the drafting of the GM and the coaching staff. Even if Mora somehow stays, you have to think Knapp is gone. I hope he gets the job at Stanford so he can leave gracefully.

I think the fans will be riled up over it and that will make it a distraction. Perception is reality type thing. And Blank keeps high standards. I wonder if it undermine the big game if he wouldn't have fired him before the season is over. This is likely the game of Mora's short life as a coach.

So who do people think will be looked at for a new coach for the Falcons?

Pete Carroll

Charlie Weis

I can't think of any assistants that are getting a lot of good thoughts right now in the NFL, but I am sure come playoff time it will be more obvious which coaches are hot.

I would like to see someone who utilizes a pro-style offense, like Dallas and the Giants run v. a West Coast style.

I have seen Ken Wiseinhunt (sp?) former GT and Falcon tightend and current Steeler offensive coordinator mentioned. Anyone know anything about Sylvester Crooms? I've heard he's supposed to be an excellent coach, but he doesn't have much to work with at Miss.

I agree that Weiss probably won't leave, I just couldn't think of anyone else. The writing is on the wall that Mora is now gone. Recent report in SI by Peter King says Mora has to go deep into the playoffs to retain his job.

I agree that Weiss probably won't leave, I just couldn't think of anyone else. The writing is on the wall that Mora is now gone. Recent report in SI by Peter King says Mora has to go deep into the playoffs to retain his job.

I agree with this statement. If he goes, I think the next coach is a career decision for Vick. He's been through some changes with coaches before and given it takes a couple years to see how it works out . . . . . Vick is in the middle of his career. That being said, I trust our GM to evaluate the candidates and make the right one.

I don't believe in coincidences very much. Never do at all when there is evidence to the contrary.

I like a good conspiracy as much as the next guy/gal...but I also like to connect the dots.

Jim Mora likely talks to his Dad nearly daily. His Dad got him where he is for the most part. The nuts don't fall that far from the tree.

Now let's think a bit - do you really think that Mora Jr. told his Dad that Mike Vick was a GREAT quarterback and a guy he loves - and Mora Sr. disagreed and it went back-and-forth and then Mora Sr. called Vick a "coach killer" on his radio show ????

Very doubtful...if not silly.

More likely - Jim said something like "I can't coach this guy...he doesn't run the West Coast Offense and won't - or can't - do the multiple reads." Dad likely said "well if he can't do the job then bench his arse"...to which Jim responded "I can't bench Vick". At which point Dad said - "Sorry son - you are screwed"

They are likely on the same wavelength - that Vick is a coach killer. Mora Sr.'s "coach killer" comment meshes well with the Mora Jr.'s "I'd like to get the hell out of here and coach U. Washington" comments.

Vick is obviously very hard to coach (if not impossible) and would have been better off with an "old school" coach like Dan Reeves who would have had the guts and the respect to force him to follow his (much more simple NFL) system.

Reeves coached Elway when he was an Arse. He understands prima-donnas and can deal with them.

Time to clean house IMO. confused.gif

You make a lot of sense. And if there is truth to it, Blank is close enough, along with his GM, to know the truth about what goes on behind closed doors. Truth is he cannot move forward and build around More. Too many problems with offensive coordinator, system, etc. I think he'll have his house on the market by playoff time.