• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Turnover of POWER in Atlanta's future.

Diesel

• Premium Member

If the Ownership situation is resolved by April... and AS wins and brings on Ted Turner as a silent partner.

Do you think we can see Woody/BK fired and the new coach/GM combo be Doc Rivers/Dominique...

Wouldn't that be scary!!!

Even though my personal preference for new coach is Terry Porter..

I can see Doc lighting a fire under some of our underacheivers.

• Premium Member

Quote:

doc and nique - great players but i imagine the combo here would be a 2 ring circus. why can't we get a real coach in here? is adelman's cell phone broken or something?

Yeah, that's strange. Nobody mentions Adelman. It's like he just disappeared or something. I liked the way his Sacramento team played the game. His coaching style would bring some much needed excitement to Atlanta.

• Premium Member

Adelman is a good coach and a good personnell guy and he is on my shortlist, but I don't see him here. I don't think Adelman is one of those guys who likes to coach for the sake of coaching.

My shortlist:

1. Terry Porter.

2. Van Gundy.

3. Rick Adelman.

4. PJ Carlisimo.

5. Alvin Gentry.

6. Del Harris.

7. Mike Fratello.

8. Tubby Smith.

9. Paul Westhead.

10. Jeff Bzdelik

11. Mike Jarvis

12. Jeff Capel

13. Hank Egan

wow, tubby smith, huh? that would be interesting. i'm a uk fan, but i haven't heard anything about him leaving. i wouldn't be surprised if he did leave, though. sooner or later he's going to reach the breaking point of thousands of obnoxious fans (undeservidely)calling for his head after every loss. adelman/offensive action fans probably wouldn't care for this pick, though.

speaking of uk/atl...randolph morris has finally been playing more like everyone has expected him to for the past few years. it'll take a good 3 years for him to make any impact in the nba, still.

jody meeks from norcross has been fun to watch playing in blue. the freshman really has a nose for the basket. uk will be really good in a year or two, assuming meeks, stephenson, and jasper (freshman) all stick around. they weren't the most highly sought after players, so it could happen.

sorry to drift off subject so much....

Quote:

wow, tubby smith, huh? that would be interesting. i'm a uk fan, but i haven't heard anything about him leaving. i wouldn't be surprised if he did leave, though. sooner or later he's going to reach the breaking point of thousands of obnoxious fans (undeservidely)calling for his head after every loss. adelman/offensive action fans probably wouldn't care for this pick, though.

speaking of uk/atl...randolph morris has finally been playing more like everyone has expected him to for the past few years. it'll take a good 3 years for him to make any impact in the nba, still.

jody meeks from norcross has been fun to watch playing in blue. the freshman really has a nose for the basket. uk will be really good in a year or two, assuming meeks, stephenson, and jasper (freshman) all stick around. they weren't the most highly sought after players, so it could happen.

sorry to drift off subject so much....

Why would you bring in another coach that has no experience in winning at the NBA level? To h*ll with Tubby Smith.

Quote:

Adelman is a good coach and a good personnell guy and he is on my shortlist, but I don't see him here. I don't think Adelman is one of those guys who likes to coach for the sake of coaching.

My shortlist:

1. Terry Porter.

2. Van Gundy.

3. Rick Adelman.

4. PJ Carlisimo.

5. Alvin Gentry.

6. Del Harris.

7. Mike Fratello.

8. Tubby Smith.

9. Paul Westhead.

10. Jeff Bzdelik

11. Mike Jarvis