• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are the Hawks really loosing by 25 . . .

Packfill

Quote:

Quote:

. . . to a team that is missing its 3 best players?

That would be correct. But cheer up! Georgia Tech is beating Duke right now. It's really bad when the best basketball team in this city is a college team.

!@$*!@!@&^

STOP IT, JINXER!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Hawks are better at tanking than the Hornets!

Agreed.

Does anyone at this point think that the franchise hasn't already pulled the plug on being competitive this year?

Interesting. It would seem that with all the controversy over grenading this poor excuse for a season on this forum that someone upstairs may have already made that call. Strangely enough the scenario that was proposed on that "most controversial thread ever" is playing out right now. Joe is obviously hurting and it's a matter of time before he HAS to shut it down. Once that happens, this team will establish a new low standard for professional basketball not witnessed since the introduction of the shot clock. We will end up with the number one pick(Oden) and the number seventeen pick(James, Law, Steele) and a healthy JJ back from all of those nagging injuries. BK and Woody are shown the door, replaced by....does it really matter? Anyway we easily make the playoffs next season and the BK era is remembered as the lowest point in Hawks history.

Don't fill me with your false hope. It won't happen that way and you know it. We are the hopeless ones. The ping-pong ball gods know this. They won't let us have Oden. BK and Woody won't get fired. The Atlanta Spirit won't decide to sell the franchise to Belkin or some other single owner. There is no hope. Stop dreaming of a better future. There is no God!!! There is no God!!!!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That would be correct. But cheer up! Georgia Tech is beating Duke right now. It's really bad when the best basketball team in this city is a college team.

!@$*!@!@&^

STOP IT, JINXER!

It's hard to jinx a team that actually plays with real heart and desire. It was kind of surreal changing the channel from one game to the other. The body language, offensive plays, defensive intensity, and dare I say skill level just seemed to be on another level in that GT game. And I'm not exaggerating, I'm being serious here. That is truly sad. frown.gif

I am now hoping coach woodson will not be fired this year because the players dont have to tank the rest of the year woodson tanked our season without trying. one thing is for sure we will not win with him as our coach. i am starting to think that BK is keeping woody as our coach on purpose. Ray charles can see that coach woodson sucks so it is impossible that BK and the spirit does not recognize this

• Premium Member

Quote:

Did anyone else notice Woody on tv during the mid-way point of the fourth quarter. He was actually LAUGHING!!! Someone please explain that to me!

Sometimes things get so bad that it's actually kind of funny. Just like a 10 day contract player looking better than your 2nd pick in the draft. shocked.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To think I ate all them damn corndogs earlier this year for nothing. tongue.gif

They were still delicious though, right?

We're better at sucking than the Hornets...

or should the Hornet's be tanking...

We're better at sucking than the Hornets are at tanking.

We have simply not (done anything to suggest we have) begun tanking which is a testament to our suckage.

W

Quote:

I am now hoping coach woodson will not be fired this year because the players dont have to tank the rest of the year woodson tanked our season without trying.

...into the depths and certainly ensure a top 3 pick. I am officially on the "keep Woodson" bandwagon until the end of the season. Does he have a fan club?

W

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To think I ate all them damn corndogs earlier this year for nothing. tongue.gif

They were still delicious though, right?

Hmmmm *light comes on* .......

Nah, not even cordogs can save the Hawks now.

He hasn't forgiven the Hawks over the Manning for Nique trade or the Isaiah Rider debacle, either.

We all know how this scenario is going to play out this summer and its as predictable as a Hulk Hogan wrestling match in 1987. The Hawks will continue to lose. JJ will at some point shut it down and the team will finish 18-64. Greg Oden and all of the other guys will declare for the draft. The lottery will be done with the Hawks having the highest probability for Oden. And just when things are lined up for a rebirth, the following words will come from Russ Granik....

'And the 4th pick of the draft goes...to the Atlanta Hawks.'

BK has the look of having lost his house and family on a poker table in Vegas while ESPN and Foxsports spends the entire month going into the draft having a field day buring him and the team. ESPN goes further by even having an episode called 'The top 5 reasons the Hawks are so bad' with Terance Moore berating the city for having the audacity for not spending $$$ to see this team get blasted by 27 and advocating Doc Rivers/Charles Barkley to be the next coach/GM. The city of Phoenix goes into complete delirium over getting the 4th pick to go with its championship contending team. Meanwhile in a Maryland courtroom, another injunction and appeal is filed to delay the court decision for another 18 months; the team's budget is frozen and BK is prohibited from making any moves that will increase salary above where it is ($10+ million under the cap).

As predictable as gravity....

• Premium Member

Quote:

will at some point shut it down and the team will finish 18-64. Greg Oden and all of the other guys will declare for the draft. The lottery will be done with the Hawks having the highest probability for Oden. And just when things are lined up for a rebirth, the following words will come from Russ Granik....

'And the 4th pick of the draft goes...to the Atlanta Hawks.'

BK has the look of having lost his house and family on a poker table in Vegas while ESPN and Foxsports spends the entire month going into the draft having a field day buring him and the team. ESPN goes further by even having an episode called 'The top 5 reasons the Hawks are so bad' with Terance Moore berating the city for having the audacity for not spending $$$ to see this team get blasted by 27 and advocating Doc Rivers/Charles Barkley to be the next coach/GM.

Then Walter will spend the next month and 1/2 writing post after post about how the Hawks didn't tank hard enough...

SUBJECT: Hawks outlook for 2007-2008.

Walter: The Hawks didn't tank hard enough last season, so we're suffering the consequence.

ANYBODYWITHHALFABRAIN: But we had the worst record in the league.

Walter: But if we had tanked in the beginning of the season, the outcome would have been better. We would have Oden now.

ANYBODYWITHHALFABRAIN: confused.gif