LAST STRAW...

Diesel

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Exactly. If we had drafted Deron (my choice) or Paul (second choice) then who knows how much better this team would be. We would still suffer from interior defense and scoring but we could at least run and gun more with a real point running the floor.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Woody doesn't run and gun, Woody plods, Woody likes control. That wouldn't change even if Paul was at the helm of the offense.

Maybe it wouldn't change if we drafted Deron, but it would have definitely changed had we drafted Paul. The guy knows how to play the game plain and simple. Players like that don't require micro-management due to the fact that they can make plays on their own. I'm sure Woody would pretty much give him as much freedom as he has given JJ to improvise and create.

Quote:

Woody doesn't run and gun, Woody plods, Woody likes control. That wouldn't change even if Paul was at the helm of the offense.

True.. So we could have had Paul AND still had a great draft pick last offseason smile.gif

Quote:

NO was on a 5 game losing streak.

NO was on the road.

NO was just as injured if not more injured than us.

I'm watching then all the sudden the score is 96 to 71!

OK...

It's time for sweeping changes.

I know you won't admit to wanting to tank as your ego is too attached to whatever moral victories you percieved us getting and your "we'll win the next 4 games" proclamation, but you can't credibly title a thread "LAST STRAW" and then not expect someone to call you on "giving up" 3 games into your "moral victory top 3 pick be damned" crusade.

Consider yourself called on it, even earlier than I could have imagined.

W

• Premium Member

Yes, absolutely. I could venture a speculative guess that we are the most vocal Knight and Woodson critics on this site. I actually do hate to say that we were right. Knight is as incompetent as I said he was and Woodson just looks totally lost on the sidelines with his head in his hands.

How about an apology to every Squawker who saw this happening waaaaay before you did? There is no silver lining.

This team is dead. If you were the doctor, you would be telling the family in the ER waiting room to stay calm. He might pop back like Lazarus or something. Keep your head up. Then you would walk away.

Be a man. Say you were wrong. It's not that hard.

• Premium Member

Quote:

How about an apology to every Squawker who saw this happening waaaaay before you did? There is no silver lining.

This team is dead. If you were the doctor, you would be telling the family in the ER waiting room to stay calm. He might pop back like Lazarus or something. Keep your head up. Then you would walk away.

Be a man. Say you were wrong. It's not that hard.

If you look at my sig you can see how long just online I've been posting about the Hawks. In all those sites and in all those years not once have I have ever seen anyone apologize to another poster for their being right on something and the way they were treated over it.

• Premium Member

I'm far more forgiving of BK than I am of Woody... and in fact, we can fire Woody and bring in Terry Porter and I wouldn't make a big stink about BK's job.

That's because BK has done a good job of financially managing the team. And aside from 3 moves, I don't think BK has failed in any other way.

• Premium Member

No Walter, I'm still not for tanking. IN fact, I think if you bring a coach like Terry Porter in now, you'd see one of the biggest midseason turn arounds ever.

Walter, you should actually want Woody to stay because this team won't fight or play hard under Woody. That's what I saw Last night...

• Premium Member

I'm not giving up on the players saying "We should tank".

Every squawker... If you mean, you, Walter, CBAREJECT... want us to TANK this season is still a stupid plan.

NO... I'm of the opposite belief. I believe that with a new coach at the helm, this team would be far more competitive. So, there's no apology coming. Hell, if we got Lue back and were more competitive, I would not want change.

My change is for the betterment of the team. YOU faithful four, just wants change for the sake of Change. That's the same reason that Fratello, Wilkens, and Stotts were fired... for the sake of change.

Never made much sense to me.

Quote:

Walter, you should actually want Woody to stay because this team won't fight or play hard under Woody. That's what I saw Last night...

...bandwagon.

Quote:

No Walter, I'm still not for tanking. In fact, I think if you bring a coach like Terry Porter in now, you'd see one of the biggest midseason turn arounds ever.

OK, I get it. "LAST STRAW" meant not really the last straw but merely one in a series of straws that will have to put pressure on said camel's back before Diesel ever conceeds to the obvious ONLY option due to Diesel's ego.

W

...save Paul Westhead, I mean Terry Porter...who the hell is our coaching savior this week.

That's no plan. That's no answer.

Quote:

I'm not giving up on the players saying "We should tank".

No, since we're using rhetoric instead of argument, you're giving up on the franchise instead!

We can't keep having attendance #s like this and expect it to always be alright here in Atlanta. Without a franchise player stepping in to build fan confidence and actual improve this team significantly, we'll continue down the current path to no-where-ville since we have NO OTHER MEANS TO SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVE THE TEAM!

Quote:

Every squawker... If you mean, you, Walter, CBAREJECT... want us to TANK this season...

I'm not usually a fan of consensus, but right is right.

Quote:

...is still a stupid plan.

...as opposed to Terry Porter Hawk savior. Now THAT'S MFing stupid!

Quote:

NO... I'm of the opposite belief. I believe that with a new coach at the helm, this team
would be far more competitive

Translation: Would end up 6th worst rather than bottom three, allowing us to ceremoniously transfer of the 6th overall pick to Pheonix in which BK would be given a key to the city, even shaking the out stretched hand of D'antoni for a photo op.

Who here doesn't recall Bob Sura screwing us over for the rights to Howard? Diesel, why would you want that (insert Westhead, I mean Porter...snicker...instead of Sura) for us again?

Quote:

So, there's no apology coming. Hell, if we got Lue back and were more competitive, I would not want change.

Diesel, you apologize? I know when I'm asking too much and that would be beyond the pale asking too much. I'll settle for "LAST STRAW...we should not try to win games without actually "tanking", per se" or simply when you want get excited about and want to discuss who we draft with the top 3 pick. I insist if you are not for tanking you should be hereby barred from any discussion of the pick before or afterwards!

Quote:

My change is for the betterment of the team.

Just not next year's team or the franchise.

Quote:

YOU faithful four, just wants change for the sake of Change.

Change for changes' sake would imply something like yelling in type "LAST STRAW...let's change from one poor coach to another only!" That would represent change for changes' sake. I want wholesale change from GM to coach to talent. In otherwords, you make no sense.

Quote:

That's the same reason that Fratello, Wilkens, and Stotts were fired... for the sake of change.

Never made much sense to me.

Then why do you insist THIS coaching change would make sense and would be real change when all the others didn't and were change for change's sake? In otherwords, you make no sense AND contradict yourself. On top of no plan...Priceless.

W

• Premium Member

You're right, I don't have a plan...

If you mean by plan that we should ruin the confidence of:

1. The players who we expect back next season.

2. The fanbase who ultimately has to be persauded to invest in this team.

What I have is a suggestion.

My suggestion is that we trade our coach who is not coaching well for a coach who can coach well. By doing so, we bring in new leadership that can probably install a real offense. We also bring in a totally new attitude.

I'm sure that Babcock didn't have a plan when he changed out Bob Weiss for Lenny Wilkens... But OH what a difference it made... We went from a team with no direction to a team of guys who overachieved and won 50 games just about every season Lenny coached.

The funny thing is that had Babcock not changed the personnell of the team, we would have won a championship in Lenny's first year as coach of the Hawks.

My what a great difference a new coach can make!

However, you would have this team develop a welfare mentality and believe that they are not good enough to be competitive without a draft pick. IF that is truly what you think, like I have said before, maybe you need to push for the totally rebuilding of this team starting with JJ.

Quote:

You're right, I don't have a plan...

If you mean by plan that we should ruin the confidence of:

1. The players who we expect back next season.

2. The fanbase who ultimately has to be persauded to invest in this team.

To be fair, Walter's plan makes a TON of sense, I just don't think it accounts for the things you've mentioned.