• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thundersticks!

KingLouie

Quote:

Those of you who go to games regularly, I'm curious to know your opinion on Thundersticks. Personally, I can't stand them--they are irritatingly loud and too often impede my view (although they are great to terrorize my dogs with at home). Am I in the minority on this one?

They are annoying and make the crowd seem fake, but they are unfortunately neccessary for us.

(The dog idea is great! I will try it soon.)

Quote:

Quote:

Those of you who go to games regularly, I'm curious to know your opinion on Thundersticks. Personally, I can't stand them--they are irritatingly loud and too often impede my view (although they are great to terrorize my dogs with at home). Am I in the minority on this one?

They are annoying and make the crowd seem fake, but they are unfortunately neccessary for us.

(The dog idea is great! I will try it soon.)

the announcer sounds like a complete shmuch when he whispers thuuuuundersticks

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't really have a problem with them, except when some kids in front of you keep on doing it for the whole freaking game.

That's exactly what happened to me and my brother when we went to a game last November. This kid sitting next to us kept banging those cursed things the whole game. He banged them at this slow irritating pace like Will Ferrell in that "cowbell" sketch on SNL. Rake all of those crude noisemakers into a pile, pour gasoline on them, and burn them. mad.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I don't really have a problem with them, except when some kids in front of you keep on doing it for the whole freaking game.

That's exactly what happened to me and my brother when we went to a game last November. This kid sitting next to us kept banging those cursed things the whole game. He banged them at this slow irritating pace like Will Ferrell in that "cowbell" sketch on SNL. Rake all of those crude noisemakers into a pile, pour gasoline on them, and burn them. mad.gif

you have to blow those stupid things up. I saw what was coming and acted like I couldn't get them to hold air tight. my wife took my word on it and didn't mention them again grin.gif

• Premium Member

Sorry guys, it has been a VERY long time since I posted last. But it doesn't look like I have missed much.

About the thundersticks. I just couldn't resist posting about these. They are GREAT! I go crazy with these things at games, although I do try to only use them when appropriate smile.gif. Its just too much fun not to.

Oh, and I am planning on attending a game again on Jan 27 provided everything works out. Anyone going? Dr. Zach, I know we have talked some about meeting. And maybe Lascar, I can't remember. Anyways, if anyone is interested, let me know.

My daughter loves those things and beats them in my ears all game. It gives me a headache which gets worse watching us play.

Lately, I've told her no thundersticks. I know I'm a rotten father but what are you gonna do?

BTW, they do work for terrorizing a dog. My dog sees those things and runs for cover.

• Premium Member

Quote:

My daughter loves those things and beats them in my ears all game. It gives me a headache which gets worse watching us play.

Lately, I've told her no thundersticks. I know I'm a rotten father but what are you gonna do?

BTW, they do work for terrorizing a dog. My dog sees those things and runs for cover.

You're not a rotten father. You're doing the guy(s) sitting next to you a big favor. Good man. grin.gif

Quote:

if my babies want to play with those annoying @ss things then I'm getting into a stink with the people around us who a 2 and 4 year old "accidentally" whack in the head.

lucky for me I guess it's a 3 hour one way trip to the game and they won't go unless we are spending a weekend with my wife's relatives in Dunwoody.

Quote:

Quote:

You're not a rotten father. You're doing the guy(s) sitting next to you a big favor. Good man. grin.gif

if we get into a fight at the game it's not my fault grin.gif

in fact i'll be happy to warn you ahead of time that we'll be there.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Good move. Which leads to a word of advice . . . if your wife is already peeved because you are dragging her to yet another Hawks game, be sure not to let her get her hands on any Thundersticks.

LOL...same thing happened to me.