• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Babcock's Response to my Email.No Steve Smith..

TheDude

I asked him about his thoughts on the current status of the Hawks and if he's on the verge of any trades. Here's his reply:

-The status of our team is terrible as of today to be honest with you. We thought we had assembled a competitive group with a healthy Ratliff, Shareef and Glenn along with JT and DJ....but I was wrong...it has not worked. Therefore, we are aggressively pursuing any and all trade options to improve as quickly as possible...I don't know where the rumors of a Steve Smith trade came from....we love Steve, but they will not trade him.

Pete Babcock-

hmmm...sounds like there will DEFINITELY be a trade soon.

I think so too. I see a trade coming and hopefully is not a heartbreaking one. The one guy I dont mind seeing go is Big Dog. It will be a heart breaker to see JT and Reef go, they play so well together with the pick and rolls. I think that if we can trade Big Dog for say someone like Eddie Jones that will be terrific. Interesting trade, would that trade work in salaries ro whatever. Maybe it will, but the Heat are very high on Caron Butler, and Big Dog and Caron play the same position.

Lets see some trade ideas involving Big Dog.

Big Dog for Spree? I would do it

Big Dog for Derek Anderson

Big Dog for Michael Dickerson/Stromile

Big Dog/Dion for Sura/Dunleavy/Pig Miller

All of these are interesting trades, we will be getting rid of a big contract for some of these trades that are not as big. Not sure about Spree's and Derek's contract, but I'm sure they are not as big as Big Dog's. My favorite trades of all these is the Golden State one. Dunleavy is deep into the Warriors bench and hasnt played much this yer and I think he will definitely help us, he has 3 point range and has excellent handles. Sura is a very good ball handler as well and can also shoot those 3's. This trade will help us tremendously. Both guys can score, not great scorers will contribute quite nice, can really shoot and have very good control of the ball. I'd do it.

• Premium Member

Seems like Babs looked into a trade of Smitty. I guess the Spurs are looking for a huge amount under the cap.

As far as the other part, Babcock cannot be totally in the dark about where the Smitty rumors came from. Smith said that he would like to finish in Atlanta. I'm sure Babs know that.