• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2 BETS Walter... $20 dollars each...

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. Betcha that the worst team in the NBA doesn't get #1 pick in the draft lottery.

2. Betcha that Oden stays in school.

Winnings to be donated to HS.

Now, I have already donated to HS this year... So I don't mind doing it again. BUT Walter, this is not about Money, this is about pride...

Do you take the BETS... BOTH BETS..

Being a pro-tanker, you should!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

If Oden comes out, you owe me $20. Doesn't, I owe you $20. If we sign an impact FA starting at just below the maximum ($8 million) or greater you get $20. If not, I get $20.

Quote:

Just curious, why are you changing the bet?

I was a little confused by that, too.

Since we're in the betting spirit, I'd like to propose the following to anyone who want to take it!

I'm willing to bet $50 that the Hawks finish with 35 wins or more, this year.

Even odds, any takers?

The only stipulation I'd ask is that the loser donate his money to the Squawk, of course.

• Premium Member

Well, the way I see it... If you are really for us tanking because you believe that us having the worst record will guarantee us ODEN... then shouldn't both bets be applicable?

First, shouldn't you be willing to bet that Oden is coming out.

Second, don't you really believe that having the worst place means you will get the first pick.

What I am saying is that neither of these things are guaranteed. I'm willing to bet on both going the opposite way of Walter.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If Oden comes out, you owe me $20. Doesn't, I owe you $20. If we sign an impact FA starting at just below the maximum ($8 million) or greater you get $20. If not, I get $20.

Quote:

Since we're in the betting spirit, I'd like to propose the following to anyone who want to take it!

Even odds, any takers?

The only stipulation I'd ask is that the loser donate his money to the Squawk, of course.

I question how many on this site can pony up if they lose grin.gifblush.giftongue.gif

some of the Smoove jockriders I'd question.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Even odds, any takers?

I question how many on this site can pony up if they lose grin.gifblush.giftongue.gif

some of the Smoove jockriders I'd question.

Another stipulation of my bet would be that I can't afford to make the wager with more than one person smile.gif *looks in empty pockets*

• Premium Member

OH yeah..

and the stipulation is that the money goes to Hawksquawk.... But in my mind, the PRIDE is the thing...

Unfortunately, Walter is a runner... He'd probably not show his name for 2 - 3 years here on HS and think that he's doing something that makes him seem like "the bigger man"...

But here's my Word to Walter.

Big men don't cry!

Quote:

Even odds, any takers?

--------------------

Cordially,

Zacharias D Smith

O.K. Dr.Z. I'll take the bet. I have yet to give to the Squawk. I plan to, win or lose. I don't have the money to buy and destroy a team like the ASG, but I can scrape a few bucks together.

Quote:

1. Betcha that the worst team in the NBA doesn't get #1 pick in the draft lottery.

2. Betcha that Oden stays in school.

Winnings to be donated to HS.

I agree to #2 for $20 with a confirmed payment to HS. It's MY BET the question is do you agree to it? I'd be willing to bet that a #2 worst team picks top 3. You can agree to that if you wish, but more importantly...

Why do you not bet on whether we will sign an impact FA with our remaining cap space?

You know this team cannot improve itself significantly without getting an impact player (and not giving up one to get one) so as an anti-tanker that should be of the utmost importance to you to expect.

Take my bet, phrase it either as:

1) The Hawks will spend within $1.5 million of the cap this offseason(suggesting they may actually spend to improve this team).

2) The Hawks will acquire a (potential at least) impact player at C or Pg either costing $8 million per, averaging 15 PPG, 9 RPG, or 1.5 or more BPG, O-R being a prior top 10 pick?

I know you won't take such a bet. You know Hawk's ownership will never spend enough to imporve this team. You can talk all you want about other "plans", but you will never, and I mean NEVER back it up. Diesel, you will run from this bet (and already have by changing it) like a scared little girl.

W

Quote:

I know, Diesel is the guy who moves his friend in front of him to look like his friend is holding him back from a fight. Diesel, tough guy friend sacrificer. Diesel, I think it's imperative that you not only indicate with a bet that you think my "plan" isn't statistically preferable, but that yours is. Your plan relies upon the ownership spending to make this team significantly better (something they can do with my plan also, but anyhow). Why not bet that the team will:

1) spend within $1.5 million of the cap this offseason(suggesting they may actually spend to improve this team).

2) somehow acquire a (potential at least) impact player at C or Pg either costing $8 million per, averaging equal to or greater than 15 PPG, 9 RPG, or 1.5 BPG, O-R being a recent (5 years) top 10 pick suggesting potential?

Otherwise, you are just betting against a mere aspect of my plan and not betting for any aspect of your own. Frankly, that's chicken.

W

Quote:

Even odds, any takers?

If there is another way you can phrase this sentiment I would take it. I don't think the Hawks will win 35 games or that the Hawks will make the playoffs, but I'm not one to bet against them out of principle even if the money goes to a good Hawk-related cause.

Can you figure another way to phrase this?

W