TroyMcClure

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

We don't want to see a new "it's over" thread after every loss.

Kinda like I don't want to see the same game over and over?

Kinda like that? Believe me, I would like to find some fluffy positives. I'm no Sekou. My constitution does not allow it.

I'm a Braves fan. I can handle not winning it all. I can't however, handle this absolute clusterf#ck of an organization. I'm angry man. I'm not beat down like most of the people on this board.

If this team bothers you that much than don't watch the games.

When the Hawks lost to NOK i told myself i wasn't going to watch the games live. I would just catch the tape delayed coverage on NBA.com. I said i wouldn't watch live if they were going to play that badly.

Fortunately Smith and JJ have given me two good reasons to keep watching. Obviously they aren't doing it for you so i say just take a break from watching the games. I have done that several times in the past and it works.

Quote:

I'm angry man. I'm not beat down like most of the people on this board.

Getting bent out of shape over the Hawks is a quick way to get yourself into anger management.

Just realize that nobody has control over the complete mystery that is BK's excuse of a mind, and our ownership is in complete shambles. I bet BK is eyeing Corey Brewer and Thaddeus Young with that Indy pick.

I sometimes try to make dinner or something, with the game in the background. It never works. I always get involved. I am still a kid at heart. I grow a little older and farther from the child like love of the game that develops when you watch a winner. That's what hurts. I'm still hanging on. I didn't say 7 years ago " we're gonna suck for a while, be ready. " I've been dying a little as a Hawks fan for over 7 years. I'm just fed up.

There are plenty of college games on. I have seen a couple of great ones lately. Or just watch other teams.

Todays game didn't even bother me much. How often is JJ going to be that cold? Not very often. So many things went wrong for the Hawks yet they still had a chance to win.

And Smith continues to impress.

Quote:

I think he is Walter's new blackberry.

JerryWest, have you ever posted anything but a personal attack? For someone highlighting "racism" you are a most hateful person with nothing else to offer it seems. Judge not...

W

Yeah, but we really needed to win that Nets game if we were going to salvage this brutal 10-game stretch. Now, 3-7 looks like the best we can do, and if we're 21-36 or worse will you really believe we have a shot at the playoffs? I'm sure guys on here will talk about going 17-8 and hoping the Magic get really horrible really fast.

If Dwight Howard wants to come here, we can get him. It will just take Marvin or Childress and a pick or two. Whatever. Bring him home.

It would help if we were a decent team by the time he is a RFA. I don't see him leaving Orlando, though. I think we missed out on Howard when we rode Sura's jock to the 6th pick.

• Premium Member

8-6..

Say what you want. Bad calls, Smoove fouls out to early. JJ has a bad shooting night... BUT we were one shot away from victory.

These are the signs of a young team. We're learning... It's a slow process, but we're learning.

NJ has 2 allstars (perinneal allstars).. we're the youngest team in the league. Our coach is not so bright either. We should have ran joe off of 4 screens to get him the ball at the end... and let him win it or lose it. Instead, we draw up a play for a 10 day contract guy.

Learning experience.

However, with Joe having 6 points in the 4th, you'd think we'd be down by 23... We were down by 3.

I'm not so mad at the effort. I wish we would have done better. I wish Chillz would have fouled earlier on the last shot. I wish, we would have given JJ the last shot.

8-6

Coach not bright, learning process, youngest team, whatever all this means we're still not talented enough, nor at important positions.

Quote:

It's a slow process, but we're learning...learning experience.

9 years no playoffs. 30 years no title contention. What more amount of torturous "learning" does the Hawks franchise have to undergo before we properly lay down and get our franchise player?

W