• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chill exposed...

a1aa0

Late in the game, they were driving past him at will... We have matchup difficulties with him running as point forward with a speedy guard that can finish... Ultimately, Speedy had to come back in... Which then becomes a problem with his FT%...

Of course the Nets did the same thing to JJ... Exploited Vince against him 1-on-1 late in the game... Vince drove on him at will... Although JJ is a much better defender than Chill... His teammates need to be ready to assist once he gets blown by at the top of the key... Which then leaves someone open for an open J...

Maybe going to the 3-2 zone? Heck, I'd rather them jack up a three than to take a high percentage layup...

So. Now we know the truth.

Josh C. is helpless, hopeless and useless.

Do you suppose we could send him down to the D. League

or perhaps trade him for a future 2nd round pick?

If he can't do anything, why would we wish to keep him?

Our Al Harrington of 2007!!

judge.gif

I am a bit confused. I am not sure you are saying Chill is a poor defender, rather stating that GS had his number as the Nets had JJ's number. Yes I was fustrated last night when people were blowing buy him at will. But this is not a nightly occurance. Or is it and I just can't see it because I see the offence in him so much?

Quote:

Although JJ is a much better defender than Chill...

I'm sorry but this board overrates JJ's defense DRASTICALLY. JJ is an average defender. He's not a bad defender, but he's also not the good defender everyone makes him out to be.. I see him get blown by at least 2-3 times a game.

• Premium Member

Basically...

This same issue is why the Mavericks failed with Mashburn at Point Forward. Mash just couldn't defend the speedier PGs that were coming out.

The reason it worked so well for the bulls is because MJ would normally play off his man and the Bulls had very good transition defense.

Still, guys like John Starks would have huge days against the Bulls for the same reason that Monta Had a good night against Chillz.. He was matchup trouble for the Bulls... he could post up Paxson and BJ and he could blow passed or shoot over Pippen. It wasn't until Poor Man's Jordan came along that all that stopped.

Quote:

So. Now we know the truth.

Josh C. is helpless, hopeless and useless.

Do you suppose we could send him down to the D. League

or perhaps trade him for a future 2nd round pick?

If he can't do anything, why would we wish to keep him?

Our Al Harrington of 2007!!

judge.gif

I am sick of this passive - aggressive stuff with you "positivity" guys. hippy.gif You are so hypocritical. Mr. Norman is making very valid points about actual basketball. If you don't know what he is talking about or don't have a contrary opinion, please do us, or at least me a favor and shut up!!!!!!!!!

Chill needs to step it up. As do all of the Hawks!

Thx for backing me up Troy...

I'm not at all trying to look at the cup half empty... Or bash the Hawks... Just trying to make valid points that I think the staff needs to address... After all, I AM a HAWKS FAN and have been for over 30 years...

I love how Chill finishes around the basket (minus his last weak dunk attempt vs Warriors)... He has good ball spin control off the backboard on finishing layups... He has a nice corner 3 shot... It's when he's out beyond the key, he seems to get beaten on a consistent basis...

There, I listed some of his positives as well... Happy? smile.gif

Quote:

Do you recognize there is a matchup issue that is not so much the fault of Chills when Chills is asked by the coaching staff to try to guard an opposing PG?

It's basketball you guys! This is not football. There's no Grady Jackson on Chad Johnson type of thing. For the most part defensive matchups are free flowing, based on who is getting back first and so forth. Both you and DJ know this.

I think he was basically saying that he could be a lot more like a Scottie Pippen. He didn't have too many problems with matchups.

Quote:

Quote:

Do you recognize there is a matchup issue that is not so much the fault of Chills when Chills is asked by the coaching staff to try to guard an opposing PG?

It's basketball you guys! This is not football. There's no Grady Jackson on Chad Johnson type of thing. For the most part defensive matchups are free flowing, based on who is getting back first and so forth. Both you and DJ know this.

I think he was basically saying that he could be a lot more like a Scottie Pippen. He didn't have too many problems with matchups.

Wasn't Scottie a top 50 of all time greatest player?? Besides, he DID have problems with quick guards sometimes. But they could get away with it because the Bulls had such great defensive teams, although Scottie did have a lot to do with that.

If you can't realize that a 6'8" dude playing PG isn't going to be able to cover 6' dudes who are ULTRA quick, then I'm sorry but you know nothing about basketball.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Wasn't Scottie a top 50 of all time greatest player?? Besides, he DID have problems with quick guards sometimes. But they could get away with it because the Bulls had such great defensive teams, although Scottie did have a lot to do with that.

You bet he did...

When Iverson first entered the league, he used to scorch Pippen so bad, that the Bulls had to change their defense. Usually it was Pippen who they let guard the best player, but Iverson would run right by Pipp. it was one of those nights, Iverson was scorching Pippen, Buchler, Harper and Phil Jackson called for Jordan to go gaurd Iverson. That's when you see the Historical crossover that left Jordan looking like the Heisman trophy!

O.K.

So you don't like me or want me to post here any more?

-----"please do us, or at least me a favor and shut up."

I take it by your post that you are now running Hawksquawk.

If that is the case, I will quit posting here, as I would

not want to do ANYTHING that would upset such a fine

and learned gentleman as you. Evidently, you have no

sense of humor. I'm sorry for you

To my friends I have met on Hawksquawk, it's been nice

knowing you.

Quote:

lol I sense some sarcasm, but yeah don't pay Troy too much attention, if you don't 100% agree with him he will come back with an insult..

I am not the insulting type. This guy attacks Ken Norman with nothing and thinks it's funny? It was stupid. I'm a little upset with so many people being oblivious to reality.

After all the threads about supposed negative threads and hijacking, I thought someone like Graymule would know better. Look at Norman's posts in this thread. It is not deserving of that kind of response. I am honest with myself and this board. Most aren't the same I fear. Look up my posts. See how many have been "hijacked" as you say.

His last post was even less funny. I think we all know, if we can comprehend, that I was asking the Mule to do ME a favor and stay out of this conversation if that was the kind of trash he was going to spew.

This is what Graymule said a few days ago:

Quote:

What REALLY bothers me is the personal attacts and all

the useless namecalling. Why is this necessary?

Sure, some like to beat a dead horse. If you don't

enjoy reading this, just ignore it and hope it goes away.

Please. Everyone. Let's all try to act like we would

if we thought our Mama - Wife - Sister - Pastor -

kids and grandkids were reading these posts.

This is what I told him:

Quote:

This is where you lose me. I get your point, and I like to see it, but this is a sports message board. This is not school, your momma's house, or the church.

The problem is that the people you mentioned have no stake in what is said here and don't understand it's context or importance.

Keep doing what you do. Collectively, we need it. Sometimes though, there needs to be a little more critical analysis than " the shots didn't fall tonight ". Often times the shots don't fall for a reason Graymule. I apologize for any perceived personal attack.

I now refer everyone to the opening post by Norman and the response by Graymule. His response was not very receptive. He basically tried to put words in the other guys mouth. Not cool from someone that has made the requests of the board that he has.

I'm not into hypocrisy.

Just ignore me Mule. I won't bother you. I just thought there needed to be a little balance. Facts are Facts.

Just one more thing Graymule. Would you treat your Mama - Wife - Sister - Pastor -

kids and grandkids that way if they were trying to make an observation to you?