• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ridnour to HAWKS?

TexasPete

Leave it to Diesel to pursue the guy who isn't available. The Nuggets love Blake, he isn't available now and I think most of us are loooking for help NOW. Ridnour may be available now. Why go off in left field for an inferior talent?

KB, if BK gets Ridnour in a deal you will be ecstatic. Be careful, you never know what your hero may do and then you have to come back later and change your opinion. Better to wait and see what happens...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

It has been reported in a Seattle paper that the Hawks are interested in Luke Ridnour. The price is a #1 draft pick according to the paper. Woody and BK are are dissatisfied with Speedy and Woody wants a better distributor than Speedy. You wonder why BK didn't know Speedy wasn't a good passer cause that was well known.

Anyway, they are offering Speedy and I'm sure that won't be enough. The other aspect to this deal is that one of our owners is close friends with Ridnours agent and the agent is trying to get a deal done.

I would LOVE Ridnour. I know his defense is shaky but the kind of PG he is..wow..it is just what the doctor ordered. He would transform us into the up tempo team we need to be with this talent. What should we give up for Luke?

Here is my deal. First, this years pick is off the table because the draft is too good. If the Sonics would take Speedy and his contract off our hands I would give them our 2008 #1 pick. With Ridnour and this years #1 pick and a team getting getting older and better...that 2008 #1 should not be a lottery pick. I would put lotto protection on it anyway. If the Sonics would do that deal we would be in business because I think the team could make the playoffs this year because the East is so bad.

Opinions?

You are a damned idiot - straight up - an idiot.

You fool - why would they do that?

Idiot - - -pure and simple. uglyhammer.gif

Trade Speedy, Soloman, LoRight, and Indy's first for Ridnour, Petro, and Fortson.

We get a young big in Petro (cancelleing out the young big we give in Solomon). Should be pretty even, but could go either way.

We give an overpaid back-up (two years of LoRight) for an overpaid back-up (Fortsan for one most costly year). It equal out.

We get an equally talented pg with different skills than ours (Ridnour vs Speedy). But we save some money. Thus we give the Indy pick

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...=25~25~25~1~1~1

well sticking to the original rumor so as to make it more realistic, i would definitely trade speedy for ridnour straight up...even if you're ok with speedy's skillset, he's too injured and is more of a liability of offense than ridnour is on defense i feel....

plus it's not like lue is a great defender..he's tough but not very quick defensively...so we'd be getting a young Lue but with much more setup ability.

speedy for lidnour would be a heavensent miracle..but we would have to give something else up...if he wants a first, i'd try to give him next years first, i'd try to hold on to this one this year from indy..

give sonics next year's first, plus maybe speedy or something

draft young point with indy's pick to develop

ridnour runs the highlight factory

Quote:

Quote:

Actually we can trade next years pick since we have indy's pick this year.

Just look at the Chicago-NY deal. Chicago got New Yorks pick last year and can swap with them this year.

I don't get Walter's posts, but did he really just say what I thought he said? Hahaha, typical Walter making something up and presenting it as a fact.

The quote you are responding to is not from or in any way attributable to me.

Talk about making something up! You can't even get who said what right in the very post you are responding too.

W

Quote:

Just look at the Chicago-NY deal. Chicago got New Yorks pick last year and can swap with them this year.

By the way Hawkfanatic, it was exodus who posted the above statement which you responded to calling it made up. Please indicate such and state an apology to me for your mistake and your insult, thank you.

W

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't get Walter's posts, but did he really just say what I thought he said? Hahaha, typical Walter making something up and presenting it as a fact.

Talk about making something up! You can't even get who said what right in the very post you are responding too.

W

He quoted me because i got it right. You just misinterpreted the rule and misunderstood his post.

The rule is that you have to have a first rounder every other year. it doesn't have to be your own. You can't go two consecutive years without a first round pick.

Quote:

Quote:

W

He quoted me because i got it right. You just misinterpreted the rule and misunderstood his post.

The rule is that you have to have a first rounder every other year. it doesn't have to be your own. You can't go two consecutive years without a first round pick.

Hahahaha, even funnier. Now he can't even comprehend that I wasn't quoting him but was taking the context of Exodus' post to assume that Walter thought you couldn't trade your 1st round picks in consecutive years. Which I still assume that, and this just reaffirmed my position. And I love how Walter calls me the moron even though I understand the rules for trading draft picks.

To be fair it is easy to misinterpret the rule, which is why i included the NYK trade example.

This reminds me of something Smitty frequently says during broadcasts, "kyp" (know your personell). He says this when someone doesn't take into account who they are competing against.

If i am uncertain about trade rules/cap issues i know who to ask.