• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knight REALLY helped the Mavs...not the Hawks

TexasPete

Quote:

1) cost us nearly $3 million in cap space nest year reducing øur cap space to the MLE equivalent (meaning we cannot expect to outbid the other 30 teams for a player's services if ownership would or make many trades we otherwise could),

There is one thing i don't understand about your position.

I have seen you time and again say that no quality free agents would want to come here into this quagmire due to our ownership situation and our (supposed) inability to offer more than 4 year contracts.

If that is true then why would it even matter if we have less cap space over the summer?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with the BK bashers on this move.

I am sick and tired of Atlanta picking up re-treds that have already played in Atlanta years ago (ala Lorenzen Wright). If Johnson was so good why did we get rid of him....TWICE!!!

And then to trade away our 2nd round pick in one of the deepest drafts in history for a re-tred??

What is BK doing?? We need to get a YOUNG competent PG, not an old two time Atlanta Hawk player.

BK is starting to look desperate as hell!!

Quote:

I have to agree with the BK bashers on this move.

I am sick and tired of Atlanta picking up re-treds that have already played in Atlanta years ago (ala Lorenzen Wright). If Johnson was so good why did we get rid of him....TWICE!!!

And then to trade away our 2nd round pick in one of the deepest drafts in history for a re-tred??

What is BK doing?? We need to get a YOUNG competent PG, not an old two time Atlanta Hawk player.

BK is starting to look desperate as hell!!

Obviously you haven't been following the NBA the last few years. Some people bloom late in their career. AJ has been playing at a much much higher level now than he was when he was a young player with us. Did you watch the NJ vs Indiana series last year? A younger PG like LR is better, but not worth Chillz. It looks like BK is desperate to make the playoffs this year. Some fans in this forum are dead against that.

Quote:

Some people bloom late in their career.

You are priceless.

Quote:

A younger PG like LR is better, but not worth Chillz.

I agree with you but what does Chillz have to do with it when Seattle wanted a 1st?

I believe LR is definately worth a 20th pick more than AJ is worth a 35th pick for this team with already 2 veteran career BU Pgs, don't you?

W

Quote:

Quote:

Some people bloom late in their career.

You are priceless.

Quote:

A younger PG like LR is better, but not worth Chillz.

I agree with you but what does Chillz have to do with it when Seattle wanted a 1st?

I believe LR is definately worth a 20th pick more than AJ is worth a 35th pick for this team with already 2 veteran career BU Pgs, don't you?

W

1. I have yet to see your thesis where you have proved that nobody blooms unless they bloom early.

2. Where did you find out that Seattle wanted the 20th pick. Phoenics suns board were buzzing that they wanted Bank+Atlanta's pick for LR. I don't know how true that is. Many contenders, including Cavaliers, were desperate for a good PG. Don't you think they would have given their 21st pick+ good asset for LR? Either Seattle is asking too much or a lot of GMs don't think LR is all that. I don't know which one is correct. One thing is sure. You are making things up like you always do.

chairs.gif

Quote:

2. Phoenics suns board were buzzing that they wanted Bank+Atlanta's pick for LR. I don't know how true that is.

Quote:

One thing is sure. You are making things up like you always do.

If you don't see how those two things relate, let me help you. You make things up (Pheonix board buzzing...really...buzzing huh.) and then you accuse me of it when I site what all the reports indicate...Seattle wanted a 1st. That's the constant thread in every report. Seattle wants a 1st for Ridnour. We've got one and in a decent to good draft. I ain't "buzzing" bout nothign but the truth.

Please site the Pheonix's board a'buzzin' and I'll show you a fan that got flamed.

W

Quote:

Quote:

2. Phoenics suns board were buzzing that they wanted Bank+Atlanta's pick for LR. I don't know how true that is.

Quote:

One thing is sure. You are making things up like you always do.

If you don't see how those two things relate, let me help you. You make things up (Pheonix board buzzing...really...buzzing huh.) and then you accuse me of it when I site what all the reports indicate...Seattle wanted a 1st. That's the constant thread in every report. Seattle wants a 1st for Ridnour. We've got one and in a decent to good draft. I ain't "buzzing" bout nothign but the truth.

Please site the Pheonix's board a'buzzin' and I'll show you a fan that got flamed.

W

Go to realgm suns board you'll see they were talking about it. I clearly stated in my post that its unsubstantiated rumor. Its as unsubstantiated as any of the stuffs you vomit.

How did you know what you thought is "the truth". Dogmatic. Just because it helps you [censored] it becomes truth. Nobody gets the benefit of the doubt as long as you have a rumor as an absolute proof.

yikes.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

AJ has been playing at a much much higher level now than he was when he was a young player with us.

AJ is averaging 3 ppg this season, shooting 41%.

He is playing behind JT and Harris, both of whom are playing at near allstar level. AJ is playing rarely and getting few shots.

Doesn't matter, he's averaging 3 ppg!

I'd MUCH rather have a high 2nd and 2.8 million.

If it isn't one fiasco after another with Knight I tell you I am sick of the guy he needs to go at the end of the season. His draft day picks most of the time make no sense and now he gives a second away in a deep draft. I really don't know how the guy can keep his job year after year while the hawks continue to struggle after how many years?

It sure makes being a hawk fan difficult when you have seemingly no scouting staff and no plan to build a team with the right players picked. BK needs to be working at BK as much torment he has put hawk fans through. Must be nice eating steak every night yet don't have any idea how to build a team.

Its amazing how teams like Phoenix can be competitve every year even when they have good years and low round draft picks they still get a good player. The Hawks need to emulate that and realize scouting makes a huge difference.

Quote:

Think this really shows that the Atlanta Spirit are waving the white flag. Gotta wonder if they know their days are numbered and they are cutting their losses?

I don't understand. If they think they're going to lose the team, they basically just gave away 3 million dollars that they didn't have to. I don't think this shows them cutting losses at all.

If anything it maybe shows that they know they're not going to find a real starting PG this summer, but not that they're going to lose the team.

I am now firmly convinced that BK thinks the PG position is overrated. Judging by his past, and yesterdays acquisition, I think he believes you can get by without a good one. Either that, or he doesn't understand what makes an effective NBA PG. But collecting back up PG's is not an effective strategy.

I guess he's looking at the Chicago Bulls success, no real big man and no real pg. Obviously we don't have MJ and Pippen though, maybe that's why he keeps drafting 6'9 players. Or maybe he's looking at the lakers, but they had Kobe and Shaq, nuff said. Pretty much every other championship team since/before then has had a solid if not great point guard. Not real sure what BK's mindset is.

I seriously think he doesn't draft pg's almost out of spite, just because people SAY that he has to draft one, he wants to be stubborn and prove them wrong or something, his ego really needs a reality check.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

We owe him 7 million? Ok, then I can go on record as saying this trade seems borderline retarded.

We owe him about $850,000 this year and about $2.6 million next year. He has a very reasonable contract and is easily tradeable.

Tradeable??? Tradeable??? Tradeable??? Hehehehehehehehhe.......you're kidding right?

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We owe him 7 million? Ok, then I can go on record as saying this trade seems borderline retarded.

We owe him about $850,000 this year and about $2.6 million next year. He has a very reasonable contract and is easily tradeable.

Tradeable??? Tradeable??? Tradeable??? Hehehehehehehehhe.......you're kidding right?

How is he not tradeable? An expiring contract for a useful (but limited) team oriented veteran player who would fit into any team concept? AJ wouldn't get you a first round pick or anything but both he and Lue will be tradeable next season.