• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we make the playoffs...

ATL_BALLER

Honestly speaking, this team is playing hard and that's mostly all I ever asked. However, we are flawed and lucky to be in the East. That's why we have a fighting chance. BK still has me scratching my head, and Woody is up and down. Making it is one thing, sustaining a winning tradition is another.

I think you'd have to give Woody and BK some credit it the Hawks make the playoffs. Obviously, if that happens, they would have exceeded everyone's expectations for this team, which was picked by most experts to be one of the worst in the NBA. But of course, if Woody and BK were giving their acceptance speech, they'd have to thank the mediocre Eastern Conference for making this possible.

There are some on this site that will never give Billy and Mike the respect they deserve for the jobs they have done in a tough situation. This basketball team is much better than the team Billy Knight inherited and blew up. As far as Mike Woodson is concerned, had the Hawks hired Mike Brown instead, the only thing that would have changed in all the griping is the name used. It's because when this job was open in 2004, it was pretty much a no win situation for any first time head coach. Mike Brown wouldn't have done any better than Mike Woodson had we hired him. The fact is, these guys play hard night in and night out for Mike, and despite what some fans will lead you to believe, the young players on this team have developed quite well under Mike's coaching.

Yes, I think they would be off the hot seat. I'd love to see us make the playoffs, but we'll likely have to win 2 games for everyone we lose to get there. Thats far better than we've played in several years.

Now I don't know if it would get BK and Woody off the hot seat, but I'd be pretty happy if we finished strong, even if we fell just short of the playoffs. I really don't want to see Phoenix cash in on a high pick, but more than that, we'd go into next year with a lot of momentum.

only way knight goes is if belkin takes control of the team. rarely do GM's get fired (Elgin Baylor has lasted over a decade with the clippers). it's only when the owner doesn't like you that you get fired. ASG loves knight so he isn't going anywhere. also, you have to take into account the fact that woodson is cheap and has also been growing as a head coach (he isn't pat riley but he is getting better.) woodson would be the first to go, but i don't see him leaving after the progress the team has made this year especially with the lack of help we've gotten from our offseason aquisitions.

Making the playoffs means that this team will have to win at least 37 or 38 games. That means that we'd have to finish the season with about an 18 - 11 record.

If this team finishes that strong to end the year, and gets in the playoffs . . AND . . if the current ownership group is still in place, BK and Woody aren't going anywhere.

The key to our upcoming run, may be how we play against the Wizards and Heat. We still have 3 games coming up with each of them, with 3 of those games coming in the first week in March.

Sweep the Wiz and the Heat, and we have a damn good shot at this. Get swept by the Wiz, and we'll have to really take care of business against the teams on our level. I'll take a 2 - 1 record over the Wiz the rest of the way, but a sweep against the Heat. 4 - 2 at the very least.

Quote:

Making the playoffs means that this team will have to win at least 37 or 38 games. That means that we'd have to finish the season with about an 18 - 11 record.

I pull for our Hawks to win every game (during the game)...but then I have to back off and see reality. If anybody doesn't see a 4 game losing streak here I'm a Monkey's Uncle.

PHX is gonna come in here WITH Nash. Then at Dallas - then the Wizards and then at NOK with CP3. C'mon fellas and ladies. I think we go on a 4 game losing streak.

If we get one and are competitive in the others (don't get blown out)...I'll be happy.

32-50 shocked.gif

firstly the wizards don't scare anybody, and the hornets sure don't either. heck, the hornets are under .500 - yes CP3 has been hurt a lot, but that's the deal with CP3, and probably why utah took deron over him - because he is so small and is probably going to be hurt a lot (hopefully not, just being real).

sure dallas is scary, but we just beat houston, and i think we can give dallas a run since they have no inside shot blockers and their defense is probably overrated. we matchup with phoenix well, with or without nash, and in case you missed it, we just beat phoenix when neither team had a PG, so now we'll both have a PG so who knows what will happen.

I would be very surprised if we go 0-4 or 4-0. I think 3-1 is more likely than 1-3, but I'd bet on 2-2 if i had to.

P.S. - Which is exactly what the BK/Woody team needs to keep their jobs. Anything over last year's 26 can be spun (injuries/youth) - but they want 30 and preferrably 30+.

32 wins will give them a track record of 13-26-32. As I have stated in previous posts - the key is to start at the lowest point (13)...then you can milk any advancement as progress - especially with an ignorant management group. You can sell "laughingstock" to "Bad minus" to "Bad plus" and keep em on the hook. BK can sell 32-50 to the dumb assed ASG as progress. LOL...then get 35/36 next year if JS stays healthy and does all the heavy lifting.

If I were JS I'd get the phuck out of here. bunny3.gif

If I were JS I would become a free agent as soon as possible...if I were JS's agent I would SCREAM the same. No extensions....JS on the F/A market would be HUGE. Maybe the NYKnicks would be able to handle a big contract by then...or Boston...or LA...or somebody...be a star in a real market. Wear suits on TV commercials for money...sell expensive cars. uglyhammer.gif

i think atlanta has worked out well for JS. he is from here and can be one of the top 2 guys here. he can go to a better team and be a 4th or 5th option and be away from his family, i don't know what is in his heart or mind so it's hard to say what's really important for him. i would guess that he wants to turn atlanta into a winner and be responsible for helping turn this team around, as opposed to going to a place with existing stars. if the hawks really start to win, he can be king of atlanta, and i don't know if he will get that chance anywhere else.

with that said, he will have RFA status, so if he signs another contract, i think we will match. hopefully we can extend him before that. i DO NOT think he will pull a shaq and walk after four years - that's risky and i don't think it's in JS's character, especially since he's from here.

personally, i would rather be known as turning around a bad team around rather than join an existing good team, but that's just me. a lot of people can't understand this, but the real challenge is making a bad team good, rather than keeping a good team good.

with that said, isn't woody's contract up at the end of this year (i think it's a 3 year + option contract). if that is the case, i would be surprised to see him back.

But if you lose faith in an organization - where it seems like you are the only guy really working hard (other than the star - JJ - who isn't really getting the winning done...only filling his stats to get on All-Star teams) - and your coach is an idiot - wouldn't you just like to go to a better place if you could...wouldn't you want to be on the stage instead of a "workhorse" on a crap team.....wouldn't you try and be a part of a DYNASTY alongside a real basketball team - I would.

man it's a little tough to say JJ is filling stats just to get on an all-star team! from what i see from him, he is a real team player and puts winning above himself. am i the only one who sees it this way? chill works hard, too, everyone else needs to step it up. i agree the coach needs to go, too.