• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove fastest ever to 400 Blocks!

TroyMcClure

Quote:

In terms of number of games played or age?

There's no way he's fastest based on number of games. Guys like Mutombo blocked 3+ shots right out of the gate. I think he might be the "youngest to 400 blocks".

You're right CBA. I just heard it and wanted to let everyone know. I am multi-tasking a little too much tonight. doh.gif It's the youngest with 400. And now 500, I presume.

Quote:

Josh Smith is a role player...a good one...but he won't win Chamionsips.

Yeah some role player he is pillepalle.gif , I dont think the HAWKS will ever win one especially As long as we dont have a PG or real C... And Billy Knight is still the GM of this team

I think it's rediciulous that Smoove and Joe both had more asts. Than the imposters we have A PG. Just horrible...

Smoove is more than a role player, but it's true he's not a 2nd option. Horace Grant was more than a role player. Both players are really nice to have as a 3rd or 4th option, though.

You need 2 players on a team that can create. Preferably, one is a guard and one is a post-player. The others should be able to hit open shots, score in transition, and play D.

This is why we need either Durant or Oden worse than anybody in the league. Even Memphis is better off in my opinion. Durant is not a post player, but he would give us 2 quasi-dominant scorers and the freedom to deal MW.

I dont think he gets many chances to be a 2nd scorer. He has shown if he get touches the he can score 20 with ez. I dont know what more you want from a 2nd scorer. The fact this team has no PG to run the offense or get these guys the ball hurts. I want trades and people fired come summer this team is awful right now.

• Premium Member

You don't have to be a dominant scorer to be a dominant player...

Josh Smith has a shot at leading the league in blocks in just his third year... Not bad for a Sf/Pf

He is also an excellent passer for his position.

Plus he is only 21. (T-mac wasn't a great scorer at that age either)

if he works on his outside shot and a couple of post moves he would be totally dominant... on both sides of the floor.

who is dominant on both sides of the floor these days?? (Duncan is the only one I can think of)

You're right Atl. I think he is a 3. He has nice vision. He passes to cutters. He can rack up assists. I think with time his 3 point shot will be deadly. It looks nice. He just suffers from a lack of confidence and rhythm sometimes. Playing with a better coach will undoubtedly improve this.

This is a good question. Smoove is real close but we have to win to dominate.

Quote:

who is dominant on both sides of the floor these days?? (Duncan is the only one I can think of)

Kobe, I hesitate to say...Marion?, Shaq, has anyone seen KG in like two years? He was dominant on both ends a few years ago. He could be again.

Welcome to the board by the way. What's up in Mexico City?

• Premium Member

Thanks mr. McClure, the board has been a great find. It is impossible to talk about hoops with anyone in this city, and during the dark days of the BK and Woody era it is nice to find a board where I can share my missery with others... hopefully Josh Smith continues to mature and makes it so we can have some other debates besides wheather we should tank or not.

Quote:

Kobe, I hesitate to say...Marion?, Shaq, has anyone seen KG in like two years? He was dominant on both ends a few years ago. He could be again.

I would say right now Duncan is the only one that I consider elite on both defense and offense... Kobe has stopped caring about D and focused on putting up as many shots as possible since Shaq left town. Marion qulifies but he is kind a tweener. Shaq is done. KG and Jermain O'Neal also could make the list.

I don't think there is any player who has Smith's upside on D and O though...

I think people forget how much Smith has progressed... Does anyone remember the first half of his rookie year? he looked like a disaster. If he continues to improve like he has the sky is the limit

• Moderators

Congrats to Josh Smith - big time! He has been our most exciting young player since he was drafted and it is great to see him continue to make steps in his develop and accrue these types of records as he goes along.

Quote:

LOL I hate to be that guy but he may also be the fastest to 400 turnovers also.

this is just absolutely ridiculous...u don't 'hate to be that guy' as you are just making [censored] up because u are made that he had a lot of turnovers a few days ago...

he only averages 2.2 to/game

players who average more than smoove this year:

iverson

wade

melo

yao

dwight

nash

pierce

bryant

arenas

curry