• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's newest realistic offseason plan.

Diesel

• Premium Member

First: JJ/LO/their pick 2008 to Indy for JO/pick of our choice (Acie Law).

2nd: Sign Deke

3rd: Speedy and Marvin to Golden State for Baron Davis.

Our first team:

BDiddy/JChillz/Jsmoove/JO/Deke

Reserves

Law/Salim/Shelden/Solomon/Zaza/Lue....

Room for 1 SG/SF from camp.

• Admin

Why do you always want to bring in injury plagued players? There is no question JO's talent but he is very injury prone. Plus I want him to Play with JJ not against him. I think Indy which will be wanting to start rebuilding will give him up for less if they can get rid of his contract.

Davis, no way would I ever trade for him. He is way too brittle too. His contract is to big for a player that can't even remotely stay healthy.

• Premium Member

Davis is a far more better player than Speedy. I proposed trading one unhealthy PG for another. With the one we're getting being much more valuable. Moreover, I also believe that Davis will be the key to making Acie Law our PG of the future. They have similar styles. Clutch shooting, drive and dish, and even though Davis is faster, he can still teach Law how to be uptempo...

About JO... This is the key to our puzzle. He's a shot blocking big who can rebound. If we have him and Smoove, we're the best defensive team in the East maybe in the league.

Nagging injuries are Not chronic injuries. Vince Carter has Nagging Injuries. Yao Ming has nagging injuries. That doesn't mean I don't take a chance on them! You're talking about one of the best bigs in the game as if he's some type of 2nd round talent. This guy is a franchise changer.

• Admin

Davis has a contract that pays him 15, 16 and 17 million over the next three years. Claxton has a contract that pays 6 million a year that gets less each year. There is doubt about BD's talent but his body just can't handle the NBA schedule. Its not just nagging injuries, its injuries that keeps him out of good chunks of the season. His knees, his back, ankles. I would never consider taking on his contract. We will handcuff ourselves and be stuck with a guy that can only play 50 + games.

As for JO I agree that he is one of the top big men. However, his injuries and the Pacers dimenishing seasons may lead them to consider to rebuild. I think they will consider letting him go for young talent and much smaller contracts. We could probably get him for the right package that does not include Joe. I want a post player here to compliment Joe. I would love to have a player like JO or Gasol here.

• Premium Member

If we could find enough ending contracts:

Marvin, Lue, Lo, and their first for JO?

I think that's enough compensation.

Then we're talking:

Zaza, JO, JS, JJ, and AJ...

WOOOOO WHOOOO!!!!

Guest Walter

Quote:

Reserves

I won't even consider how unlikely it is to do simply any one, single move of those. It's just a very bad team however unrealistic it is.

Let me add. How does one pay for JS or JC with JO's $20 mil, Davis' $15 mil deals?

W

Quote:

Quote:

Reserves

I won't even consider how unlikely it is to do simply any one, single move of those. It's just a very bad team however unrealistic it is.

Let me add. How does one pay for JS or JC with JO's $20 mil, Davis' $15 mil deals?

W

The "Larry Bird Exception" takes care of that problem. wink.gif

Quote:

deke's a great guy and all, but no way would i want him as our starting center. 10 years ago, yeah, but not in 2007/08.

Deke would be our best center now, tomorrow, next year, the year after that, and for who knows how long. He is getting it done. Always has. He wins. The way he plays leads to winning. He's one of the 2 or 3 best defensive bigs to ever play. We are desperate for some of what Deke has. Why not get it from him? He could really teach the young guys a lot.

• Premium Member

Well, I think the key would be getting Deke plopped down in the middle and playing him about the first 8 and the middle 8 minutes of the game...

My thought is that Deke sets a defensive tone and also, he'd be a great example to Solomon Jones... Zaza is just a different kind of Center and I think as he gets older, he gets better too.

But Deke I look for to give us possibly 18 mins, 6 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game. He really turned it up in Houston and his style of play could lead him to play forever...

• Premium Member

You pay these guys realizing that for 1 year, you will be over the limit but BDiddy and JO both come off their contracts before the Josh's contracts kick in good. In fact, BDiddy would be gone when we have the qualifying offer for either Josh.

Quote:

Well, I think the key would be getting Deke plopped down in the middle and playing him about the first 8 and the middle 8 minutes of the game...

My thought is that Deke sets a defensive tone and also, he'd be a great example to Solomon Jones... Zaza is just a different kind of Center and I think as he gets older, he gets better too.

But Deke I look for to give us possibly 18 mins, 6 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game. He really turned it up in Houston and his style of play could lead him to play forever...

I feel the same way. If the ASG wins and retains BK and Woody, signing Deke would keep me on board mentally. Besides, it's obvious our big guys could learn a thing or two from him. There's really no downside. Would he come here, though?

• Premium Member

I just hope that Deke doesn't have visions of grandure in his head. You know he's always been about the money. Would he come here? He specifically mentioned coming to Atlnata next year if Houston did resign him. I can't imagine Houston not doing it. Still, with him Josh Smith and JO (yes, I'm back on my JO campaign), I think we'd set a really good tone for defense in the first and third quarters and we can run it out of the other quarters.

If Belkin gets the team that may more likely happen, to get rid of JJ. But otherwise, we'd have a better chance of moving the franchise to Las Vegas. Can't see the franchise making such a huge move with so many contracts with the court thing hanging over their head.

A very simple plan if we get the top three pick: (big if)

Take one of three players: Oden, Durant or ???? Noah.

With Indy pick take a pg: Law, ???

Sign Randolph Morris.

Guest Walter

Quote:

You pay these guys realizing that for 1 year, you will be over the limit but BDiddy and JO both come off their contracts before the Josh's contracts kick in good. In fact, BDiddy would be gone when we have the qualifying offer for either Josh.

So...we build an injury prone team for one year only to have it torn down due to obvious financial difficulties?

Diesel, in your thread title you call it a "realistic plan". I'm assuming to you it's a plan for contention or else it's not a plan at all in my mind. Then you go and trade for JO, Baron Davis, sign a 44 year old center. None of those deals alone are likely, but together they are beyond unrealistic. You admit they are all one year fixes as JO, Davis have ending contracts and Deke cannot be more than a 1 year "fix".

Lastly, in your original deal you say...

Quote:

First: JJ/LO/their pick 2008 to Indy for JO/pick of our choice (Acie Law).

How can you trade back to Indy their 2008 pick and still use the pick to acquire Law for us?!?

In other words, it's an unrealistic, 1-year, injury prone, otherwise highly questionable,...actually IMPOSSIBLE plan that you constructed. Yikes.

W

Quote:

Davis is a far more better player than Speedy. I proposed trading one unhealthy PG for another. With the one we're getting being much more valuable. Moreover, I also believe that Davis will be the key to making Acie Law our PG of the future. They have similar styles. Clutch shooting, drive and dish, and even though Davis is faster, he can still teach Law how to be uptempo...

About JO... This is the key to our puzzle. He's a shot blocking big who can rebound. If we have him and Smoove, we're the best defensive team in the East maybe in the league.

Nagging injuries are Not chronic injuries. Vince Carter has Nagging Injuries. Yao Ming has nagging injuries. That doesn't mean I don't take a chance on them! You're talking about one of the best bigs in the game as if he's some type of 2nd round talent. This guy is a franchise changer.

Nope. Baron is a fairly overrate player. Always hurt and he can't shoot a lick. No difference between him and Walker. O'Neal a good 2nd tier PF, but he can't even make Indy a real good team anymore. Wouldn't trade JJ for him.

Oh, and Chillz is not a starter. It's too bad the Hawks just can't add Billups and Sheed to the team.

Billups

JJ

Smoove

Sheed

Soloman Jones

Quote:

Nope. Baron is a fairly overrate player. Always hurt and he can't shoot a lick.

Baron isn't overrated, he's just injured all the time. He's a top 5 PG when healthy.

Quote:

O'Neal a good 2nd tier PF, but he can't even make Indy a real good team anymore.

O'neal is NOT a 2nd tier PF. 20 and 10 with 3.0 blocks is NOT 2nd tier. It's just the fact that the rest of his team is sorry. Do you consider Garnett a 2nd tier PF too? Noone can take a team to the playoffs by themselves.

Quote:

Baron isn't overrated, he's just injured all the time. He's a top 5 PG when healthy.

No, Baron is not a top 5. He's supposed to be a scoring PG, but he shoots 41%FG 32%3PT 67%FT for his career. That's not top 5 numbers. He has too much of a junk type of game. Not a pure PG and not a good shooting PG either.

Steve Nash

Jason Kidd

Billups

Chris Paul

Gilbert Arenas

I'd take those guys over Baron.

Quote:

O'neal is NOT a 2nd tier PF. 20 and 10 with 3.0 blocks is NOT 2nd tier. It's just the fact that the rest of his team is sorry. Do you consider Garnett a 2nd tier PF too? Noone can take a team to the playoffs by themselves.

1st tier:

Tim Duncan

Amare Stoudmire

Kevin Garnett

Dirk

Chris Bosh(Getting closer)

O'Neal has been in the league 10 years and only has 1 allstar game to show for it. Also, his 44% shooting is pretty low for his position, and his offensive game is far from dominate.

He is a half step better than Elton Brand, Zack Randolph, Boozer, Howard, EO.... But he's not as good as the guys above. Yes, health does play a factor in that. Being hurt all the time should count againest a players.

You'll probably question Amare being there, but I think he deserves it. He's a more exposive offensive player, close in rebounding, his also a good shot blocker, and has improved his jumpshot.