• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Blockbuster deal of the day.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Chris Paul is going to be the best PG for the next 10 years or So. I think we kinda proved this year that having JJ is not a neccessity. Hell, we won 4 out of 5 after JJ went out. I think our need is really at PG. We need somebody who can control the game.

I'm not so high on Oden just like your not so high on Paul. I do think Oden is the best player in the draft, but I don't think he's the franchise changer you believe. However, I think Ty Chandler + Smoove + Chris Paul = Young guns going to the playoffs every year contending for the title every year..

• Premium Member

Well, if the Hawks management remains the same this won't happen for this one reason:

BK made the mistake of passing over Paul. He will not trade for Paul.

However, if I was GM and we got #1, I would definitely test the market to see what could be done and one player I would target would be Chris Paul.

Dawg, try thinking about it from N.O.'s perspective. What would it take for you to give up Paul?

• Premium Member

WarCore, I need you to defend your statement in the bolden text:

Quote:

yea diesel...this really isn't like you.
JJ is better than cp3
and oden is far beyond tyson. terrible trade.

Share with us, how you think that JJ is better than CP3?

Last year, with no help in the west, JJ took his sorry team to the playoffs.

Last year, with Al, Marvin, Zaza, and Chillz, the Hawks didn't win 30 games.

How is JJ better than CP3?

• Premium Member

Somehow, I don't think so. I think you have overvalued Oden A lot.

Oden is going to be good but right now, he doesn't have a very good pro styled offensive game.

You're talking about a 17/4/ and 9 PG with an A/TO ratio tettering on 4:1. That's A-damn-MAZING...

Think about your best PGs in HIstory in their second year:

Jason Kidd = 16/7/10. A/TO = 2.4

Isiah Thomas = 23/4/8 A/TO = 1.9

Baron Davis = 13/5/7 A/TO = 2.6

John Stockton = 8/2/7 A/T0 = 3.7

Tim Hardaway = 23/4/10 A/TO = 2.9

There you have it.. some of the best compared to Paul. Paul is a Phenom....Some of you guys don't realize what we passed up to take Marvin. We passed up probably one of History's best PGs..

Quote:

tell me, what's wrong with it!

I mean, Bumpy, if all you ever want to do is sit around and add absolutely NOTHING to the discussion... Why are you even posting??

LOL @ Diesel. I see you're really bored today.

(( for humor purposes only ))

G - Paul

G - Chill

F - Marvin ( oops, you'll start Shelden )

(( revising starting lineup ))

G - Paul

G - Chill

F - Smoove

F - Shelden

C - Chandler

Bench

G - 1st rounder ( indy pick? ) . . Law?

G - Salim

F - Marvin

F - Solo

C - ZaZa

Yep . . looks like a title contender to me.

So I guess Paul is going to do his best Steve Nash imitation, and get everybody a ton of open looks? Like he did in NOK?

or

Smoove is going to be the guy who can not only knock down shots, but create his own offense off the dribble against SFs.

or

Marvin will play a Adreian Dantley role, and be our leading scorer coming off the bench.

LOL.

Actually, that's a decent defensive group. But the offense would be horrible. Still no post scorer, seeing that Chandler gets a lot of his points off offensive rebounds, and CP assists.

I add plenty to discussion....it's just your ideas are farfetched that they don't even merit response. There is not a chance in the world of something like this (or 95% of your other ideas) to ever come to fruition. Why do you waste your time?

Not to mention, you proclaim your messages like you are the second coming, when in reality, you are a dunce.

I knew I was on to something with your Barry Bonds sig and your idiocracy with your posts, and self righteous attitude just confirmed my initial intuition.