• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Van Gundy resigns! What happens with T-Mac?

What is up with Van Gundy? I like him, but he seems to be a quitter. I feel sorry for McGrady. He has become a player that I root for. You have to wonder, with a new coaching staff, will he want to move? Or, will they want to move him?

He's like the mini-Dominique of playoff disapointment.

Quote:

What is up with Van Gundy? I like him, but he seems to be a quitter. I feel sorry for McGrady. He has become a player that I root for. You have to wonder, with a new coaching staff, will he want to move? Or, will they want to move him?

He's like the mini-Dominique of playoff disapointment.

I think The Rockets simply didn't have enough talent. They need to move McGrady to SF, move Battier to 6th man and they need a SG than can score 12-14PPG.

McGrady just seems to have lost SO much. He's so slow and can't get by anybody, and has no lift on his jumper.

The sad thing is he's only 27, if not for all those back injuries he'd be a top 3 player in the league right now, if not better. He was tearing up the league at 22 and 23..

Not sure what's up with Van Gundy. He's a good coach but can't seem to stay put anywhere.

As for McGrady, I think this guy should, due to his injuries, look for a team that is right on the verge of a championship like the Spurs or Suns. If he would take a paycut, he will definitely help a team win a championship...he just can't be the man anymore. I really feel for the guy. In a league that often seems disgraced by bad attitudes, he really comes off as an example of professionalism and passion for the game. I think he is a great spirited human being and it was tough to see how disappointed he was during the press conference after game 7.

I think he can be THE MAN in Houston.

However both T-Mac and Yao are laid-back kinda guys. They take their points in a relatively efficient manner, and seem to score at the same clip regardless of whether it is first-quarter-of-a-regular-season-game or the last-quarter-of-a-playoff-series-game.

They need another guard who can score, slash and WANTS to take the big shot. Unless they can afford Billups (and I don't think they can), they will have to get this guy in the draft. They are picking at position 26, but this is a deep draft. I think that Rudy Fernandez is their best bet here, although Morris Almond, Javaris Crittenton, or Marcus Williams (Arizona) could be available.

Regardless of who they pick I see the Rockets being a true contender next season.