• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

5 more days...

CBAreject

5 days until the lotto drawing. Half of me can't wait. Half of me dreads the day. I can't wait because it could be the big day in the history of our franchise. I dread the day because I will most likely be very disappointed.

I guess overall, I just want to know whether my hope is false hope. Very likely setting myself up for being awfully sick at my stomach next week.

I know someone will respond to this with "I am just planning for the Indy pick". That's a very reasonable and realistic approach, but forgive me for not being optimistic about adding an 11th pick to this sub-mediocre team. I think we could get a very good PG there in what's shaping up to be a better PG class than anyone thought. If we come away with Crit, I will have a glimmer of hope again. The fact is, this team needs a star and this draft is very likely our last good chance to acquire one. After this, we're looking at being a flawed, capped-out team.

Quote:

i know it could help us or hurt us but im just ready for it. all we need is just a little bit of luck and this franchise could be on the map. now the only question is what BK will do with that luck if we get it.

i really feel with the right point guard, we could be the golden state of next year. i'm all about drafting a point but one thing to remember is that a point can't usually make that much of an immediate impact, especially if it comes from that low in the draft.

Quote:

Quote:

i know it could help us or hurt us but im just ready for it. all we need is just a little bit of luck and this franchise could be on the map. now the only question is what BK will do with that luck if we get it.

i really feel with the right point guard, we could be the golden state of next year. i'm all about drafting a point but one thing to remember is that a point can't usually make that much of an immediate impact, especially if it comes from that low in the draft.

GS led the league in steals and was 3rd in the league in blocks. They have a shot blocking defensive center and that is the gaping hole on our roster. Plus they have a very talented, experienced pg (even though he has been a chucker most of his career).

I don't see a parallel between the two teams.

I've said all along that I think we get the third pick. Don't get shut out entirely, but at the same time it's like kissing your sister.

The first two picks BK can't screw up. The third pick he'll find a way to screw it. Three and eleven ain't bad.

Quote:

I've said all along that I think we get the third pick. Don't get shut out entirely, but at the same time it's like kissing your sister.

The first two picks BK can't screw up. The third pick he'll find a way to screw it. Three and eleven ain't bad.

I would giggle like a school girl even if we got the 3rd pick.

Horford or Hibbert? Can't go wrong.

Sure maybe if we pick Noah it will be unpopular but it's a helluva lot better than nothing.

Personally I think he can be a 7 foot AK47.

Man oh man Tuesday can't come soon enough to put me out of my misery already

Quote:

If we get #1 pick, oh boy if we get that #1 pick. I will...idk what i would do!
drink.gif
I will get drunk and hug everybody in my sight.

Better wait until DRAFT NIGHT. If BK is involved you never know what will happen - I can just hear it now:

Stern: "With the number one pick in the 2007 draft ... the Atlanta Hawks select Corey Brewer, 6'8" small forward from Florida. ... ... Corey Brewer? what the f&ck?"

After all, why should we think he'll change now? He's 6'8", a small forward, and would be a real reach. He could even play PG or C. Just what we need ... again.

or someone might offer him a backup PG and two second round picks for the 1 pick.

banghead.gif

For the 2nd pick, BK would ask for a lottery-protected #1 and a 6'9" center averaging 6/3 in the NBDL. He would be the 'key' to making the trade work for BK.

Wouldn't that piss on everyone's parade if the Hawks somehow got the top pick and BK ended up taking a forward whose name isn't Kevin Durant because he fell in love with said guy's 'length' and 'upside'?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

GS led the league in steals and was 3rd in the league in blocks. They have a shot blocking defensive center and that is the gaping hole on our roster. Plus they have a very talented, experienced pg (even though he has been a chucker most of his career).

i meant as far as a team coming out of nowhere to make the playoffs and potentially doing well in the first round.

Quote:

For the 2nd pick, BK would ask for a lottery-protected #1 and a 6'9" center averaging 6/3 in the NBDL. He would be the 'key' to making the trade work for BK.

Wouldn't that piss on everyone's parade if the Hawks somehow got the top pick and BK ended up taking a forward whose name isn't Kevin Durant because he fell in love with said guy's 'length' and 'upside'?

Yeah what if he took Thaddeus Young because he outperformed Durant in the Jordan Classic.

I keep saying something is better than nothing but maybe not in the case of screwing up the 1st or 2nd pick.

Talk about staying the laughing stock of the league.

Quote:

Steals and blocks don't equal wins. GS is still one of the worst defensive teams in the league..