• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steinbrenner vs Vick

Admin

I just read that the Yankees owner gave 1 million dollars to Virginia Techs "Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund" and as far as I know he has no connection to the school whatsoever. I know a lot of you hate the Yankees and probably hate Steinbrenner even more but the guy has a huge heart and he showed that in a big way with that donation. Obviously 1 million dollars means a lot less to him than it would mean to any of us, but a million bucks is still a million bucks.

Compare that to the 10k that Vick gave and it just really shows you what kind of a guy he is. I wish the Falcons hadn't traded Schaub because then maybe they could have cut Vick's sorry butt after his many screw ups ... and this last one with the dog fighting, well I hope he gets what he deserves for that if he is truly guilty of it. People that do that are some of the lowest form of life IMO.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude 10k to Vick is like 5 bucks to most people. Go read ProFootballTalk.com sometime and see how many articles there are that talk about Vick and his "contributions" which are never more than him trying to fix his "image".

Quote:

Dude 10k to Vick is like 5 bucks to most people. Go read <b>ProFootballTalk.com</b> sometime and see how many articles there are that talk about Vick and his "contributions" which are never more than him trying to fix his "image".

You lost when you mentioned the National Enquirer of football websites.

Quote:

I just read that the Yankees owner gave 1 million dollars to Virginia Techs "Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund" and as far as I know he has no connection to the school whatsoever. I know a lot of you hate the Yankees and probably hate Steinbrenner even more but the guy has a huge heart and he showed that in a big way with that donation. Obviously 1 million dollars means a lot less to him than it would mean to any of us, but a million bucks is still a million bucks.

Compare that to the 10k that Vick gave and it just really shows you what kind of a guy he is. I wish the Falcons hadn't traded Schaub because then maybe they could have cut Vick's sorry butt after his many screw ups ... and this last one with the dog fighting, well I hope he gets what he deserves for that if he is truly guilty of it. People that do that are some of the lowest form of life IMO.

That's interesting...........now do you mind telling us how much you donated.

here is one opinion.

YES IT IS TRUE. if you do the math and take % into account, Steinbrenner donated more than Vick. And YES, Vick is closer to the situation than Steinbrenner.

However, DONATION is DONATION. $5, $5000, or $5 million. Vick didnt have to donate if he didnt want to. Same goes for Steinbrenner. When has DONATION been a game of bragging rights?

Im a huge fan of the Falcons and MIKE VICK. Personally, i think ATLANTA is head and shoulders better w/ Vick than w/o Vick. I think hes a great, exciting NFL QB. Yes, i am a concerned about his character after RON MEXICO, WATER BOTTLE, DOG FIGHTING, etc news. But i ignore all character judgments when i watch him play football.

Of all problems, the DOG FIGHTING one bothers me the most. I probably wouldnt befriend Vick if he was my next door neighbor.

Every other day, i wouldnt cheer for him... but on SUNDAYS, i do cheer for him.

As a vick fan, ill be the first one to say:

CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS!

• Moderators

Quote:

Steinbrenner is reportedly worth $225 million ... that is a FAR cry from even 1 billion, let alone "BILLIONS".

So your claim is that Steinbrenner's entire net worth is the same amount as the annual salaries of the Yankees?

Yes, donation is donation and all donations are good. I suppose I am simply tired of hearing about the real Vick and about every way that he disgusts me, especially the dog fighting. Him flipping off the fans and not taking accountability for his off-field actions don't make me appreciate him any more either. Call me deranged but if my alma mater had something horribly tragic happen and I made as much money as Vick with his contract, endorsements, money from dog fighting, etc. I have no doubt that I would actually make a donation that could make an impact, not a guilt donation like "Mr 10k" has become infamous for making.

Quote:

Yes, donation is donation and all donations are good. I suppose I am simply tired of hearing about the real Vick and about every way that he disgusts me, especially the dog fighting. Him flipping off the fans and not taking accountability for his off-field actions don't make me appreciate him any more either. <b>Call me deranged but if my alma mater had something horribly tragic happen and I made as much money as Vick with his contract, endorsements, money from dog fighting, etc.</b> I have no doubt that I would actually make a donation that could make an impact, not a guilt donation like "Mr 10k" has become infamous for making.

So you are one of the "guilty" until proven innocent people huh? At this point Vick has not been linked to dog fighting, except by the media and people like you. Also I wish people would stop saying he "flipped off the fans" nonsense, like Vick stood at the 50 yard line and flipped off the entire dome. I've been a season ticket holder since 1996, and I didn't take it personal. If my receivers and offensive line performed poorly in a game, and some drunken a** decided to take out their frustration on me, I'm not certain that "fan" wouldn't have received a finger too.

The donation topic is dumb as well. If I've just lost my son or daughter in a tragedy like the Va. Tech massacre, I wouldn't give a sh*t how much money was donated and by whom. It's not bringing them back, so why are people around the country, who didn't lose a love one, so concerned about the amount given by Vick? If you don't like Vick, that is fine. If you think he is overrated as a qb, that's fine too. But some of the stuff I read in the media and on messageboards like this is amazing to me. Sad really.

Yes, your post was sad. Really. You Vick nut huggers crack me up. That couldn't have been his weed in the hidden compartment. I'm sure he didn't even know he had a hidden compartment. I'm sure Vick didn't know about the dog fighting that was going on at his house. I'm sure his ole pal that ratted him out was just making stuff up. I'm sure that when Vick flipped off the entire dome that made it easier to excuse since it wasn't just a single fan he flipped off, only every Falcons fan in attendance. Yeah, he is a class act, just like his little brother the nut stomper rapist. Great family the Vicks are.

Quote:

Yes, your post was sad. Really. You Vick nut huggers crack me up. That couldn't have been his weed in the hidden compartment. I'm sure he didn't even know he had a hidden compartment. I'm sure Vick didn't know about the dog fighting that was going on at his house. I'm sure his ole pal that ratted him out was just making stuff up. I'm sure that when Vick flipped off the entire dome that made it easier to excuse since it wasn't just a single fan he flipped off, only every Falcons fan in attendance. Yeah, he is a class act, just like his little brother the nut stomper rapist. Great family the Vicks are.

Now, I'm a Vick Hugger? GFTOH. What weed in the hidden compartment? Oh, the one that the Miami PD tested, and said wasn't weed? Then again, I guess Arthur Blank paid them off. lol I don't know what you are talking about, when you say Vick's friend ratted him out. Is that one of the "un-named sources"? Yeah, Vick flipped me off when I met him at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii too. He was probably flicking those fans off at the airport after the 10 hour flight, but then again kinda hard to do that when he was signing autographs while waiting for his luggage. Took my brothers business card too, despite the fact one of his "posse" said he shouldn't. Yeah, he is a horrible person. Using your logic, I should hate Patrick Kerney too, since he owned a home, better yet was asleep in a home were a rape took place. I should hate Matt Schaub too, since he was arrested for assualt a couple of years ago. How dare he defend himself. Nah, the "vick huggers" aren't the problem, it's the Vick haters who like to twist things to fit their arguments that are the problem.

Quote:

Trouble, you have to realize that some people on this board hate Michael Vick because of allegations and rumors. They don't have any convictions on him but they don't need convictions when you have allegations. The Duke Lax players had allegations against them, and thats all some people needed to figure out that they are the scum of the earth...

That's only part of the reason I can't stand Mike Vick. Comparing the Duke situation with a guy who has made mistakes over and over and over and never owned up to them, is simply wrong.

For starters, the other stripper invalidated her story from the start. There is a mountain of circumstancial evidence against Vick in this court of public opinion. There was not in the Duke case. It was a rogue D.A. Has anyone said they saw Mike taking all 60+ dogs for walks in the park? Didn't think so. They are also going to euthanize the dogs. Implying they were too mean to be adopted. As for the sacrificial beagles, who knows? You do know they sacrifice Beagles and Terriers to the Pits, don't you? It sickens me that this dude is the face of our franchise.

I know I'm assuming here, but I would assume that Mike Vick would not buy a million dollar home for his "cousins" to stay at. There was cage after cage, all concrete. Big money preparations. This was his "home away from home, at home, house" He lives here, but he has to have a place to stay when he goes home, right? It's his house. His name was on the deed and he just sold it. It was HIS!!!! He is associated with the raising of these animals as the website proves. Guess what, O.J. was deemed "Not Guilty". Was he?

Now, let's talk about why he really sucks.

He is a punk. He in no way is a leader.

He is just about the dumbest quarterback to ever play the game at the NFL level.

How many wild spins does he have to fumble on to realize the quarterback position is played in what is called a "pocket"? When he gets jittery 1 second after the snap, he always hold the ball out away from his body and seems to forget that the tackles are pushing their men in a horseshoe shape, and voila! He hits them, ball flies out, etc.

He can't hit a moving target. Guys are always reaching up, back, down, sideways to try and catch a Vick ball. Their momentum is stopped and the play is dead. Those are the moving ones. What about the still ones?

Well, he threw a pick this year when he tried to hit a stationary Dunn. He hit him allright. Warrick was about 5 feet from Vick when the ball came rifling towards his face. It bounced off his facemask, went twenty feet in the air and was intercepted.

He said to squash all the Vick can't throw stuff a few years back after a 200 yard passing game.

He refers to himself as a "winner". What has he won for us? We were the NFC champ a few years before he got here. What have we won with him? Nothing.

The water bottle thing. Just one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

His homeboys stealing watches last year.

Have you ever seen a picture of Manning, McNabb, Brady smoking a blunt in a limo?

The guy is a piece of crap. I have a list a mile long, strictly football related, why he sucks and can't be trusted. The list of non - football issues is growing to be very big. He is a poor decision maker. That is fact. He's supposed to be the trigger man for the organization on the field? Please. We need him gone yesterday. Even if we somehow won big with him, I would not be proud. Isn't that the whole point?

One last wish. To see Mike Vick in a cage with a vicious pit-bull. Fight to the death, right Mike? It's fun, isn't it?

Maybe we can trade him to the Redskins when Gibbs retires again and Cambell hasn't worked out.

Quote:

Dude I am not going to argue about Vick with someone who is willing to assume so much.

What have I assumed?

The point about the water bottle is that the whole incident should have never taken place. And tests were never performed as the botte vanished two days after they said it would take weeks to test.

Quote:

You want to talk about how you don't like him? Fine. But you want to start convicting him off of allegations? F* You.

Fukk you. You want to root for someone who condones the murder of defenseless animals? What kind of piece of sh!t are you?

And if an NFL qb can't keep his friends from stealing watches when they are with him, what kind of man is he, and how could he be friends with people like that?

I guess you never played football. You mentioned nothing of those. He deserves to be traded for those things alone.

And for the finger he gave to all the working class people who payed hundreds of dollars sit and watch him f up another game.

You've lost a ton of credibility as an objective Atlanta sports fan and as a human being.

He didn't know? Right! You keep believing that. I'll keep believing that Mike has not said anything about dogfighting being terrible and wrong. I wonder if he is as scared of going to prison as the dogs at his house were of dying?

that he isn't guilty of all these things that are piling up against him? Honestly I thought he was just a dumb SOB with all the stuff he had done and with the way he played QB, until this dog fighting crap came up and made me realize that he isn't just dumb, he is trash.

Quote:

Honestly I thought he was just a dumb SOB with all the stuff he had done and with the way he played QB, until this dog fighting crap came up and made me realize that he isn't just dumb, he is trash.

That's pretty much the way I feel. He's acting like a guilty man, too. When asked the other day if he would be exonerated of these allegations, he said... No comment.

You would have to be one of the most gullable people in the world to not believe that there was dog fighting going on. you would have to be a complete moron to think Mike is never there. It's his hometown area! Does he own any other homes there?

Again, I bet you can't find five NFL players who have bought million dollar houses for their cousins. To be honest, I bet you can't find one... Mike Vick included.

Where did I say that it came out of his own pocket? I said he gave a million dollars to the fund.

<style>#textDiv{padding:0px 15px 15px 15px;}Legend{font-family:Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif;font-size:12px;font-weight:bold;color:#660000;margin:0px 5px 0px 5px;padding:0px;position:absolute;top:-7px;}Fieldset{font-family:Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;display:block;border:1px solid #cccccc;background-color:#efefef;margin:20px;width:700px;position:relative;padding:0px 10px 10px 10px;}</style><fieldset style="width:700px;padding-top:10px;"><legend>&nbsp;Quote:&nbsp;</legend><div id="textDiv">Steinbrenner bought the team in 1973 and has presided over six world championships and 10 pennants while building the Yankees franchise into the most lucrative in sports.

He has been know to make generous donations through the team, most recently to Virginia Tech in the aftermath of last month's tragedy.

The Yankees contributed $1 million to the school's "Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund" to assist the victims' families, and honored the victims before the Red Sox game on Wednesday night. Virginia Tech's president threw out the first pitch and the Yankees wore VT logos on their caps.

"I feel very strongly about the young people," Steinbrenner said. "I feel so strongly about the teachers and the school, all the people affected by this. We wanted to help in the healing process."</div></fieldset>

Perhaps comparing the dollars of the donation is unfair since he did it through the Yankees but the point is that he has no ties to Virginia Tech and he went out of his way to make sure that he could help in any way that he could. I guess I am just off my rocker to think that if I were Vick and was the most famous athlete in the history of my alma mater I might have gone out of my way to try and make a difference ... and that's not even taking into account all the stink that is surrounding him right now. Who knows, maybe he has been saving money for his defense in court.

or can you just not see because of MV's nuts in your face?

Quote:

Nah, the "vick huggers" aren't the problem, it's the Vick haters who like to twist things to fit their arguments that are the problem.

Mike Vick is the problem.

I'm real glad for you. I don't care how many of your business cards his "posse" let you give him. I hope you guys go build dog cages together or something.

What is so difficult to understand?

Your Kerney analogy is stupid. Just like Hawkfanatic's Duke one.

If you are going to defend him, you better be prepared to defend the dog fighting culture and people. He's one of them.

I'm still waiting to hear Mr.Vick say that dog fighting is horrible and not something he would watch or enjoy.

Grow up. We got screwed as Falcons fans. Deal with it. Beside the point but, would you defend him if he played for someone else?