• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

From Hoopshype NBA Rumors

BHayley

This rumor has to have no merit. What on blaze®s would we do with him? I like the points, but no defense is exactly what we don't need. We are in the drivers seat for many reasons and there are some deals that should materialize fairly close to the draft after the workouts are concluded and Billy falls in love with another SF!

• Premium Member

Portland can offer that all they want, if this is true. The only way ATL should consider this is if there was another team involved in the deal, like WASH or MEM, that would take Randolf for another player that could help the Hawks.

This board is no different from the others. You go to the Blazer or Memphis boards and they are talking about unbelievable deals that we laugh at. And the same is done on this board. Making deals that are unrealistic and the other boards laugh at. Somewhere between their ideals and our has to be a middle ground that allows a fair deal.

I don't think they are going to part with Aldridge. Priz and Mags may be another story. But along with the pie in the sky deals we have to keep one foot on the ground and realize that we are not going to fleece another team the way Phx took us for a ride.

Quote:

Portland is so ecstatic at the prospect of taking Oden, it will offer Zach Randolph and Jarrett Jack to Atlanta for the No. 3 pick to get Oden's Ohio State teammate Mike Conley Jr. Los Angeles Times

"Offering" us Randolph is like us "offering" Speedy to someone. They really was to get rid of him. Let's see -- we get Jack (a #22?pick) and they get #3 (Conley), a SF (a first round pick), and get to dump Randolph.

I'd much rather have Aldridge and Sergio (but Jack is okay because of his local connections).