• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

haha, Stotts looks like a corpse out there

chillzatl

• Premium Member

That's the thing. When Pressured, Miller responds like a PG. Remember, he led the league in assists last yr and that was passing to guys who were Jump Shooters. Imagine what he would do with a guy with a midrange Shot and a very good low post player. JT just doesn't have the PG instincts. That's why when pressured, he folds. For 3 yrs, I have watched teams trap and pressure JT into making horrid passes. For three years I have watched JT defer the responsibility of running the offense to:

1. JR

2. JJ

3. Email

4. Toni

5. Big Dog.

Let's be honest. JT is a very good player. A good Clutch shooter. AN all around good guy. BUT, he's not a PG.

So when I hear guys talk about a second ball handler, I think... JT needs to move to SG where he plays best and leave the PG to someone else.

That's why I'm not against trading say Theo for Nick Van Exel or some combo trade for Stoudamire (Theo/Hendu for Stoudamire/Davis) or trading Nazr for Brent Barry. Either one of those guys can become our PG and allow JT to play his game as a SG. However, don't fall into the trap of thinking we need a BIG SG/OG. There are not many of them around. Better to just get a PG and play small ball and run Zone defense.

I refuse to believe that he can't be successful as a PG. You don't have to be a true PG to have success there if you have a 2nd ballhandler. Right now, Seattle is playing great with 2 ballhandling SGs in the backcourt and no true PG. Barry and Allen can play together because they can both handle the ball. Put JT beside either of those guys and I think he would have success.

As for Miller, he has everything with the Clips that JT has now. He has great shooters around him (Piatkowski, Richardson) and a great post guy (Brand). He has slashers, athletes, big men, etc. Other than veteran leadership, you name it, he has it. Sure he put up big numbers on a sorry Cleveland team but what happened when he was surrounded by more talent and expectations were placed on him? The Clippers have been a HUGE disappointment and his poor play is one of the primary reasons why.

As for Van Exel and Stoudemire, I don't see how we will ever be good with a mini-me backcourt. We are terrible on D now and we would only get worse. There is not enough zone in the world for a backcourt that small and with our undersized frontcourt, the problem would be magnified.

Andre Miller is overrated....As Trace said it is easy

to produce when you have little expectations.You

darn right Miller averaged 10APG and funny the

best jump shooter in the league Wesley Person...

[censored] I'd like to see the Hawks have Person right

now.If not for his big contract the Hawks could

use his 3pt shooting.

Guest Walter

JT plays along side Dion, who has a 1.5/1.3 A/TO ratio and Big Hog with an atrocious 2.9 to 3.6 A/TO ratio! HORRIBLE! Put them together and our perimeter game has less than a 1 to 1 TO to assist ratio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though JT was screwed into not starting at Pg by Stotts in favor of 10 day contract CBAer Mike Wilks, he is 7th in the NBA in APG. Not bad for a Sg (snicker). GDit. The guy showed he could do it under Lon Kruger given the chance finally the 2nd half of last year as the starting Pg. Take away his his only other ball handler in Kukoc and even another perimeter player that didn't hog the GD ball in DJ and you had better replace those skills. Replace them with Big Hog and the worst assist to TO ratio for a perimeter player in basketball and you have your disaster.

W