• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Yi Footage from China (Outstanding)

Rexhawk

I think Yi would form a nice duo on the block with Lo Wright if we needed to go big at some point during the game, which we inevitably will.

Also, the drumline should try to incorporate some of that music into their pregame festivities.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Quote:

The above link is why I want Yi at 3. We finally have footage of him shooting threes, blocking shots, turnaround jumpers, intermediate jumpers, etc. He is clearly a better prospect than Brandon Wright and his workout numbers will definetly be better than Durant.

This guy can block NBA shots and has the physical ability to defend in the NBA. He'll have to adjust to the physicality just like any foreign player, but he actually seems to like the contact that is allowed in this league, choosing to find the the player with his body, particularly on his interior turn around jumper (deadly).

I seriously do not see anything that this guy cannot do. He does it all so fluidly as well.

Frankly, he's the only player after Oden and Durant I believe can bee better than JS and/or JJ. I'm about to do a poll on this. We've got to get this guy and work out the details later.

I'm recinding my openness to a trade of the 3rd pick. This guy is for real.

W

Quote:

It appears that most of the shots he blocks in that video are when the ball is still below the rim.

I am still not sold on him being more valuable to the Hawks then a true point guard.

No. Some are above the rim. He can jump and touch over 12 feet. Dunks with his elbow above the rim. We can have our true pg at #11. Can't have a superstar in every draft.

Quote:

I'm recinding my openness to a trade of the 3rd pick. This guy is for real.

W

Me too. Two freaks in the front court(with Smoove)? We will scare everybody. The great part is he complements Smoove even better than Marvin. All 3 of them playing together would be fun when Marvin's shots are falling.

Quote:

Quote:

It appears that most of the shots he blocks in that video are when the ball is still below the rim.

I am still not sold on him being more valuable to the Hawks then a true point guard.

No. Some are above the rim. He can jump and touch over 12 feet. Dunks with his elbow above the rim. We can have our true pg at #11. Can't have a superstar in every draft.

We have no chance at Oden or Durant. Those are the superstars in this draft. Everyone else may or may not turn out to be quality NBA players.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We have no chance at Oden or Durant. Those are the superstars in this draft. Everyone else may or may not turn out to be quality NBA players.

Yi has more chance to become a superstar than the rest of the available guys combined.

I really never thought I would type this. Hold on, let me triple check,

I AGREE WITH WALTER.

ugh, that was worse then a kick in the nuts.

I was never on the Conley wagon, as I felt the value of a PG at 11 was better then the value of a big man there, but I was leaning more toward Hofford. However, in the last week I have become convinced with Yi. As I posted early my thoughts on how we can have a versatile team that can be fast, big, or matchup with anything thrown at us. Yi can run it appears, and I can just drool over the thought of a team of JJ, Marvin, SMith, and Yi on the floor at once. Talk about spreading the floor if Marvin and Yi's jumpers are dropping. Who comes out to guard the 7footer shooting 3's???? Not the other team's center. So their PF is on Yi. Who plays Marvin and Josh??? Either can blow past the other teams C at will. I really get a lil chub just thinking about that.

I feel that Marvin is going to have his semibreakout year and hit that shot consistantly liek he did after the wrist injury. Couple that with one more year of growing up out of Smith. Oh and lets not forget wtih the last month of the season off, no olympics, and no other commitments JJ is going to be the freashest he has ever been. (Ran into D3 at a party awhile back and that's the only thing he kept saying over and over, watch JJ's year. A fresh JJ with something to prove yikes).

Quote:

Quote:

The video looks good. My concerns are:

Does he pass?

Can he get out on the break?

If you don't know already, he was trained to be a point guard in his teens before he outgrew the position. It explains his excellent handles and passing skills.

Yes. He can see the court like a point guard too. Knows where he should be to get the ball very well. Smart.

We HAVE to draft Yi at this point. He is the best prospect easily in this draft after Oden and Durant. He can also play center for us I beleive.

Speedy/Critt/AJ

JJ/Salim/Chill

Marvin/Chill

Smooove/Shelden

YI/Zaza/Shelden/Solomon

That lineup right there will be in the playoffs next year if everyone can stay healthy for the most part. We need to take Yi at #3 and then either trade #11 to Portland for Jack/2nd rounder or just draft Law/Critt/Conely(doubtful if he falls).

SUCCESSFUL DRAFT!!!!

• Premium Member

There's no one on one defense against a turn around jumper if the shooter can get the correct arc on the shot. Yi's height is going to make it impossible to block or misdirect IF he can routinely hit that shot.