• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New trade rumor

beav

Hold on to your breaking unsubstantiated rumor!

Category Portland Trail Blazers, NBA, 2007 Draft, Zach Randolph, Jarrett Jack, Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons | No Comments »

The internet is ablaze with… well… white noise! The biggest white noise storm to hit the Pacific Northwest since the beginning of Tonya Harding’s boxing career! Terabytes of bandwidth being consumed by massive exchanges of… nothing!

Now we can’t have the largest utter waste of bandwidth since William Hung videos hit YouTube go by without us jumping in and making it all that much worse, now can we?

Here’s my completely unsubstantiated rumor straight from the mouth of my unnamed source in the Blazers front office (tab of the ESPN Trade Machine page) to you.

Three way trade between Portland, Detroit, and Atlanta…

Portland

Going out: Zach Randolph, Jarrett Jack

Coming in: Tayshaun Prince, Lorenzen Wright, ATL #11 (from IND), DET #15 (from ORL)

Atlanta

Going out: Salim Stoudamire, Lorenzen Wright, ATL #11 (from IND)

Coming In: Jarrett Jack, Nazr Mohammed, Lindsey Hunter

Detroit

Going out: Tayshaun Prince, Nazr Mohammed, Lindsey Hunter, Detroit #15 (from ORL)

Coming In: Zach Randolph, Salim Stoudamire

That’s it. That’s the big deal that’s at the nexus of the white noise storm enveloping any/ all Trail Blazers net activity yesterday and today. My unnamed source swears it’s true!

• Premium Member

While it may be possible that BK loses his mind and trades for Jarrett Jack... I doubt BK takes in Nazr because BK traded Nazr. It's not BK's style to admit he made a mistake.

What's not possible is that Joe Dumars loses his mind and trades both Tayshun Prince the 15th pick for Zach Randolph?? If Dumars trade for Randolph, you better believe there will be some unwanteds going to Portland.

You may be right... it does seem that portland does pretty well with that deal...and today's oregonian says that any trades until 2 days before the draft (if then) so we won't know for a while...

A couple of things to clear up:

Chicago has notified Portland that point guard Kirk Hinrich is "untouchable" in trade talks, so you can scratch off the list any of those Zach Randolph for Kirk Hinrich scenarios.

The Blazers have not, and are not close to, making any trades. The Blazers are in discussions with several teams, but general manager Kevin Pritchard said most teams are in the "feeling out" process and are not ready to deal.

Pritchard said if the Blazers do indeed make a deal, it wouldn't be announced until 48 hours before the draft at the earliest.

The Blazers held their first draft workouts on Friday at the team's practice facility in Tualatin.

The workout featured two guards - Virginia's Sean Singletary and Nevada's Ramon Sessions - and two small forwards, Michigan's Brent Petway and Fresno State's Dominic McGuire.

Both Sessions and Singletary said they are wavering between returning to school and remaining in the draft. But both impressed coach Nate McMillan, particularly the shooting of Singletary.

"An unbelievable player,'' McMillan said of Singletary. "He shot the ball well.''

McMillan was also impressed with Petway, who recorded a 42-inch vertical leap.

"You should have seen it,'' McMillan said. "He was up there ... it was like he was hanging from the lights.''

Ime Udoka was at the facility going through some pretty intense rehabilitation with athletic trainer Jay Jensen. Darius Miles was also at the facility, but I didn't see him working out (he was in street clothes).

--Quick

Quote:

If this happens, who does ATL draft with the 3rd pick? Horford?

My guess is it wouldn't change anything regarding what they'd do with the first pick, assuming it is true that the only 3 they are seriously considering are Wright, Horford or Yi. It would mean no way in hell to conley at 3, but it sounds like that ship has already sailed prior to any possible trade anyway.

have to agree this seems unlikely. But the rumors out of Detroit make it sound like they will move some of their players to get younger. I'm not sure that Naz and Hunter make us that much better. I can see where BK would like to have Hunter, but the return of Naz???????

IMO, Prince is the best player in the deal and they get 2 top 15 picks in a deep draft? Uh no...

Is Prince on the block? I wouldn't mind him at all. IF Detroit moves Prince, IMO, that would mean that Detroit is rebuilding because I'd assume Prince would be one of the guys they built around.

-----------------------------------------------

Josh Childress

Speedy Claxton

for

Tayshaun Prince

Childress' #'s just about mirror that of Prince BUT I feel Prince is a better shot-blocker and perimeter defender. Also, Prince is resigned to a pretty reasonable deal and he has produced as part of a winner his entire career. At #15 we take the leftover of Acie Law and Javaris Crittenton OR later move it for Jarrett Jack if that is still available. Move Lue for a future 2nd rounder.

Javaris Crittenton / Anthony Johnson

Joe Johnson / Salim Stoudamire

Tayshaun Prince / Marvin Williams

Josh Smith / Solomon Jones

Zaza Pachulia / Shelden Williams / Lo Wright

+ the #3 pick. Obviously we still have a HUGE logjam at SF/PF so this trade probably would be good EVEN if Detroit would do it. My point is that we need to start adding winners to this team as well as talent. Players that expect to win games.

Quote:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Unless we are planning on having a "Voltron" type of strategy and combining all of the micro mini PGs into one big bad mother of a PG.

No way this trade happens as is.

Destructicons unite and form DEVESTATOR!!