• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou 5 trades from the AJC

Scott

• Premium Member

Quote:

i was really suprised how undervalued Marvin and Shelden are in Sekou's opinion. No way I'd send Marvin for Wilcox and Ridnour. No way.

Weak speculation - meaning speculation that wasn't even good speculation.

flava

Concur here...

And what's more, I don't give any credibility to the idea that BK's willing to entertain dealing any of his most recent draftees, save possibly Childress, only b/c he's coming into a RFA year. BK would have to be absolutely bowled-over by an offer, imo, before he would let his pride down and give up on MWill, in particular.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

These trades are ghastly, especially the Pau Gasol trade. With the amount we're giving up in that trade, you'd think we were trading for the Spurs starting lineup

Around this time of the year, draft picks are overvalued by fans. We can almost guarantee that Shelden will NEVER be an All Star, the #3 and #11 could be players but in how many years? I just don't understand how a fan of a team that has recycled youngsters for over a decade not want to add a proven All Star 7 foot post scorer.

As a Memphis fan, there is no way I would want to make that deal. At best, it will take 3 to 4 seasons for the #3 and #11 to pay dividends. No way Knight and Woodson can last that long. I would anticipate a trade of at least on of the picks.

bahaha. Remember how Knight -as memphis' GM- aquired Gasol in the first place? Hawks fans do. It would totally be the Hawks' luck to make that trade only to watch Yi or Conley or Hortford or whoever Memphis selects turn into a star while Gasol adds nothing but stats. Once was enough, let's keep the pick this time.

I understand but there are some differences. Unlike SAR, Gasol has actually been the centerpiece of playoff teams, not good ones I admit but Atlanta won't be facing San Antonio, Dallas, or Phoenix either. Gasol is not not 6'9. Also, Gasol will not be the best player on the team, JJ will and Atlanta already has other young talent on the team with this deal.

To think you are going to get Tim Duncan (a 2 way post player) is not being realistic. Anyone you trade for is going to have warts just like the draft picks you select. I can't believe you guys would turn down a core of JJ, Marvin, Josh and Gasol.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

These trades are ghastly, especially the Pau Gasol trade. With the amount we're giving up in that trade, you'd think we were trading for the Spurs starting lineup

Around this time of the year, draft picks are overvalued by fans. We can almost guarantee that Shelden will NEVER be an All Star, the #3 and #11 could be players but in how many years? I just don't understand how a fan of a team that has recycled youngsters for over a decade not want to add a proven All Star 7 foot post scorer.

As a Memphis fan, there is no way I would want to make that deal. At best, it will take 3 to 4 seasons for the #3 and #11 to pay dividends. No way Knight and Woodson can last that long. I would anticipate a trade of at least on of the picks.

bahaha. Remember how Knight -as memphis' GM- aquired Gasol in the first place? Hawks fans do. It would totally be the Hawks' luck to make that trade only to watch Yi or Conley or Hortford or whoever Memphis selects turn into a star while Gasol adds nothing but stats. Once was enough, let's keep the pick this time.

I understand but there are some differences. Unlike SAR, Gasol has actually been the centerpiece of playoff teams, not good ones I admit but Atlanta won't be facing San Antonio, Dallas, or Phoenix either. Gasol is not not 6'9. Also, Gasol will not be the best player on the team, JJ will and Atlanta already has other young talent on the team with this deal.

To think you are going to get Tim Duncan (a 2 way post player) is not being realistic. Anyone you trade for is going to have warts just like the draft picks you select. I can't believe you guys would turn down a core of JJ, Marvin, Josh and Gasol.

I don't think they will ever be a player to come in the NBA as good as Tim Duncan ever again. As for a great two way player I think Brandan Wright could become that 'somewhat similar to KG' and I feel that Gasol wouldn't come to Atlanta anyway. It's not likely at all. It's like AI getting traded to the Hawks.

Quote:

I would take option #1.

Anyone who is surprised about an "undervalue-ing" of Marvin has blinders on. The rest of the league sees what he is...BK never will because his reputation is invested in that pick.

In all honesty it shouldn't be - if BK were a little bit more humble he could just say something like "Marvin was the consesus pick at #2 and no pick is ever guarranteed...sometimes they work and sometimes they don't...but I am really proud of Josh Smith...we saw something special in him that others didn't".

parrot.gif

sees what? the 2nd year (not even with the injury) of a player people said would be a 3year developing player?

Quote:

Quote:

and another one of those give up on a player waaay too early. i wonder if people said the same thing about joe johnson or ben wallace.

I like proposal: 1

But I would draft Yi. Getting Wilcox means we can get by without Hoford and Luke is an upgrade at PG. Chills can do everything that Marvin, probably even better then Marvin. Yi would have plying to grow.

WE improve PG, C, (no strars there), but still draft the potential star in Yi. Count me as in on that.

#4 is a pipe dream but I would do it in a second.

The trade scenerios do seem amaturish b/c this is what the Hawks front office told him to write. Sekou said early in the week he wished he could print it now. That is either b/c of the Hawks or the editor. With Atlanta not caring about hockey, football is dead , and the Barves in a slump, I seriously doubt it was an editor holding it up.

I bet BK told him to say a guy like Gasol wouold cost #3 and #11 b/c if he pulls off the deal it would only include the #3 but the average Atlanta citizen would think

BK got a steal b/c he kept pick #11.

Just my 2 cents.

Do ya' want Gasol / Law or Critt

or

Yi / Ridnour / Wilcox

while the trades might not happen, think about how cool it would be to have KG on the Hawks! KG, JJ, and Smoove together would win the division and get at least two rounds deep in the playoffs - especially if they add a PG like Mo Williams. Man, I just want the Hawks to be a force!! Maybe even get on National TV once in a while...

If all it took to get Camby was Shelden and Lue, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. Even if Camby was only good for 50 games a season, he instantly solves your starting center w/o giving up picks. He and Josh Smith would clog that lane and you'd still have ZaZa as a backup when Camby did get hurt. Man, I'd draft Yi @ #3 and the best PG available at #11 and wow, that's a great team. Yi would give you yet another shotblocker.

Speedy/Law or Critt/AJ

JJ/Chillz/Slim

Smoove/Marvin

Yi/Jones

Camby/ZaZa

That's a great team in the East, and a solid defensive team as well.

I went back and checked into the Denver roster to see what they'd look like after this trade. They'd still have a great team. I don't know K-Mart's status. I assume he's healthy enough to attempt to play next season and I'm also assuming J.R. Smith is alright after his car accident and can play, but all in all, they'd still have a good team.

Blake/Lue/Carter

AI/Smith/Wafer

Melo/Najera/Kleiza/Diawara

KMart/Evans

Nene/Williams

They'd need some size down low. They don't have any draft picks this year, but they'd have 14 players under contract so they'd have a little room to sign another player. Of course, they're relying alot on Kmart and Nene staying healthy since they'd be really short on quality big men, but it's not like Camby was a poster child for healthy athletes. I still have my doubts that Denver would do this deal, but it would be the best deal for Atlanta Sekou proposed in my opinion. I know alot of people like the Ridnour/Wilcox deal, but neither one of them play very good defense and I'd rather us get a defensive player in here like Camby.